Won't let me sign onto Xbox Live, weird problem...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

niptuckSean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 niptuckSean
Member since 2006 • 2434 Posts
I've never had this problem before but when I try to sign into Xbox Live and Test Connection after it doesn't work it says my "Xbox Live Failed". Don't know how this is possible when it was just renewed a month ago and I was playing earlier today. Also it only lets me onto certain parts of the Xbox.com site and doesn't show my gamercard. What's going on?
alamgir1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 alamgir1942
Member since 2005 • 700 Posts
Xbox live might be down. Or just try reconnecting all the wires and stuff.
CharlyMurphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 CharlyMurphy
Member since 2007 • 461 Posts
yeah i couldnt update things on xbox lie when i trie to play games... i found out live was down.. wait an hour until you try again
niptuckSean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 niptuckSean

yeah i couldnt update things on xbox lie when i trie to play games... i found out live was down.. wait an hour until you try againCharlyMurphy

I thought it would be down but then I saw that like 10 of my friends were still on.

CharlyMurphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CharlyMurphy

take out ur cords wait about 15 mins if it still dosent it work call MS see if they can help you with ur problem

niptuckSean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 niptuckSean

take out ur cords wait about 15 mins if it still dosent it work call MS see if they can help you with ur problem

CharlyMurphy

It's not a wiring problem, it detects all of the wires fine.

CharlyMurphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CharlyMurphy
do a test connected if eerythign checks out fine try to connect to live again.. if it fails or u pass and and it dosent log in call MS tommrow
CharlyMurphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CharlyMurphy
do a test connected if eerythign checks out fine try to connect to live again.. if it fails or u pass and and it dosent log in call MS tommrow
Sir_lenoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sir_lenoir
Member since 2005 • 55 Posts
I had this exact same thing happen to me last night. You have to do what Microsoft calls a power cycle, which is you cut the power to your modem and/or router and your 360. Wait about 3 minutes and power on your itmes in this order, modem, router, 360. I did this once and it started working. If you have not tried this don't assume it does not work.
niptuckSean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 niptuckSean

I had this exact same thing happen to me last night. You have to do what Microsoft calls a power cycle, which is you cut the power to your modem and/or router and your 360. Wait about 3 minutes and power on your itmes in this order, modem, router, 360. I did this once and it started working. If you have not tried this don't assume it does not work.Sir_lenoir

Didn't work, plus I've been doing that all night, like I said it's not a wiring problem. When I test the connection everything comes up as "Wired/Confirmed" and then for 'Xbox Live' is says "Failed". I hit "More Info" but it doesn't give any.

cjgamer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cjgamer123
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
same thinng happend to me and ive done everything the xboxsupport said to do
sharkbiscuit79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sharkbiscuit79
Member since 2009 • 1142 Posts

[QUOTE="Sir_lenoir"]I had this exact same thing happen to me last night. You have to do what Microsoft calls a power cycle, which is you cut the power to your modem and/or router and your 360. Wait about 3 minutes and power on your itmes in this order, modem, router, 360. I did this once and it started working. If you have not tried this don't assume it does not work.niptuckSean

Didn't work, plus I've been doing that all night, like I said it's not a wiring problem. When I test the connection everything comes up as "Wired/Confirmed" and then for 'Xbox Live' is says "Failed". I hit "More Info" but it doesn't give any.

no one has said it was a wiring problem they are just giving advice on how to cycle the power!!!. I have had the same problem before, everything said it was connected but it turned out the modem/router had froze so I reset it. However seeing as you have done this sounds like LIVE is down in your area same has happened to me friends were online I could connect my laptop to the internet but could not connect to LIVE. I waited 24 hours then it started working again but if your REALLY that desperate call MS Support.