Won't let me sign onto Xbox Live, weird problem...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by niptuckSean (2434 posts) -
I've never had this problem before but when I try to sign into Xbox Live and Test Connection after it doesn't work it says my "Xbox Live Failed". Don't know how this is possible when it was just renewed a month ago and I was playing earlier today. Also it only lets me onto certain parts of the Xbox.com site and doesn't show my gamercard. What's going on?
#2 Posted by alamgir1942 (700 posts) -
Xbox live might be down. Or just try reconnecting all the wires and stuff.
#3 Posted by CharlyMurphy (461 posts) -
yeah i couldnt update things on xbox lie when i trie to play games... i found out live was down.. wait an hour until you try again
#4 Posted by niptuckSean (2434 posts) -

yeah i couldnt update things on xbox lie when i trie to play games... i found out live was down.. wait an hour until you try againCharlyMurphy

I thought it would be down but then I saw that like 10 of my friends were still on.

#5 Posted by CharlyMurphy (461 posts) -

take out ur cords wait about 15 mins if it still dosent it work call MS see if they can help you with ur problem

#6 Posted by niptuckSean (2434 posts) -

take out ur cords wait about 15 mins if it still dosent it work call MS see if they can help you with ur problem

CharlyMurphy

It's not a wiring problem, it detects all of the wires fine.

#7 Posted by CharlyMurphy (461 posts) -
do a test connected if eerythign checks out fine try to connect to live again.. if it fails or u pass and and it dosent log in call MS tommrow
#8 Posted by CharlyMurphy (461 posts) -
do a test connected if eerythign checks out fine try to connect to live again.. if it fails or u pass and and it dosent log in call MS tommrow
#9 Posted by Sir_lenoir (55 posts) -
I had this exact same thing happen to me last night. You have to do what Microsoft calls a power cycle, which is you cut the power to your modem and/or router and your 360. Wait about 3 minutes and power on your itmes in this order, modem, router, 360. I did this once and it started working. If you have not tried this don't assume it does not work.
#10 Posted by niptuckSean (2434 posts) -

I had this exact same thing happen to me last night. You have to do what Microsoft calls a power cycle, which is you cut the power to your modem and/or router and your 360. Wait about 3 minutes and power on your itmes in this order, modem, router, 360. I did this once and it started working. If you have not tried this don't assume it does not work.Sir_lenoir

Didn't work, plus I've been doing that all night, like I said it's not a wiring problem. When I test the connection everything comes up as "Wired/Confirmed" and then for 'Xbox Live' is says "Failed". I hit "More Info" but it doesn't give any.

#11 Posted by cjgamer123 (1 posts) -
same thinng happend to me and ive done everything the xboxsupport said to do
#12 Posted by sharkbiscuit79 (1142 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sir_lenoir"]I had this exact same thing happen to me last night. You have to do what Microsoft calls a power cycle, which is you cut the power to your modem and/or router and your 360. Wait about 3 minutes and power on your itmes in this order, modem, router, 360. I did this once and it started working. If you have not tried this don't assume it does not work.niptuckSean

Didn't work, plus I've been doing that all night, like I said it's not a wiring problem. When I test the connection everything comes up as "Wired/Confirmed" and then for 'Xbox Live' is says "Failed". I hit "More Info" but it doesn't give any.

no one has said it was a wiring problem they are just giving advice on how to cycle the power!!!. I have had the same problem before, everything said it was connected but it turned out the modem/router had froze so I reset it. However seeing as you have done this sounds like LIVE is down in your area same has happened to me friends were online I could connect my laptop to the internet but could not connect to LIVE. I waited 24 hours then it started working again but if your REALLY that desperate call MS Support.