Will the 720's upgraded kinect sensor be able to see through clothing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ABakedAlien (307 posts) -

I thought I read somewhere that the camera in the kinect sensor is so powerful now that it actually has x-ray capabilites not even found in the most modern hospitals. The only reason im wondering this is because I throw alot of house parties and I'm always worried people are bringing guns, knives or drugs into my house. So I was thinking I could just have my Xbox set up at the door, with an app that allows you to xray people and see through their clothes; In doing so I will know everybody is safe. So i'm really hoping this rumor is true and a feature of the new xbox. Hopfully you can save the pictures to your hard drive, especially the ones of the ladies that come over, hey guys? ;) *wink wink nudge nudge*.

#2 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

What is wrong with you.

#3 Posted by MonsieurX (29964 posts) -
No facepalm picture is good enough for this thread :|
#4 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18398 posts) -
No facepalm picture is good enough for this thread :|MonsieurX
This.. amazing how you thought this was a good idea to create this topic.
#5 Posted by Optical_Order (5100 posts) -

lmao

#6 Posted by wazzap76 (290 posts) -

Ya op they are going to put harmfull x-ray capabilities in your kinect camera so everyone gets cancer and dies... That makes a lot of sense...

#7 Posted by Mr720fan (2775 posts) -

nope but it will be 1080P and the skype XBL app will be awesome when online, someone will hit you up on a message and then you can have the option to have a little corner of the screen of the person and 1on1 with them while playing your game at the same time. The rumored specs are very impressive.

#8 Posted by MarcRecon (5597 posts) -

What is wrong with you.

balfe1990

Absolutely nothing....this is typical TWISTED teenage behavior!

#9 Posted by kungfool69 (2576 posts) -

Ya op they are going to put harmfull x-ray capabilities in your kinect camera so everyone gets cancer and dies... That makes a lot of sense...

wazzap76

its not xray, with the right type of infra red camera (usually one model of Sony handycams), certain clothes become see through.

its an actual thing.

#10 Posted by songtian (6 posts) -
It would take some very serious design issues to make this NOT the best GTA game
#11 Posted by Inferi-Fang (71 posts) -
This is hilarious lol
#12 Posted by magicalclick (22543 posts) -
I suppose the heat comes from your body, so, with enough depth resolution, you should be able to see the shape of the body that generates heat.
#13 Posted by BlueChicagoRain (14 posts) -
Jesus christ, I'm dying here! xD
#14 Posted by kingrich06 (5383 posts) -
too funny
#15 Posted by MarcRecon (5597 posts) -

Jesus christ, I'm dying here! xDBlueChicagoRain

I know man, I know!!:P....I know whenever I come to GS there's gonna be a thread like this that's going to make my day!:lol: