Why Is Crackdown Despised So Much?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

freaky_monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 freaky_monkey
Member since 2003 • 925 Posts
I don't think a game has divided public opinion so much like Crackdown has in the build up to its release. It appears you either love or hate it. Why is this? Is it the beta, the demo, the cell-shading?
zeppelin6591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 zeppelin6591
Member since 2005 • 1332 Posts
I thought the demo was just an indicator of a game that I wouldn't like. I thought the graphics were poor for a next gen game with their half-cel shaded look (I would have prefered all out like Wind Waker or nothing at all, just normal graphics). I hated how the cars and my avatar handled, and the gameplay had that glitchy feel in movement and shooting that GTA-style games upgraded from with Saints Row. Also, the premise felt extremely stupid. I can see why people like the game, but I will certainly not be buying it ever. I can wait to play Halo 3.
FreedomReign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FreedomReign
Member since 2006 • 1178 Posts
The truth is its a game EVERYONE thought would fail, but the end product is so much better than anyone thought it would be, its actually stunning a lot of people... Some people just haven't gotten the memo. Crackdown is a franchise builder : http://interviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/1874/Crackdown-Interview/p2/
zeroproyect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zeroproyect
Member since 2005 • 465 Posts
i recently downloaded the demo like 2 hours ago.. and it took me 3 hours to download.. the game is amazing and i love it.. im looking forward for the real game.  its really good ..
spikesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 spikesniper
Member since 2004 • 32 Posts
Probably because they think the reason they included the Halo 3 beta was to sell a crappy game.
nynthninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 nynthninja
Member since 2003 • 1311 Posts
I think its a great game people are probably just getting bored of the whole gta sandbox genre until somthing revolutionary comes along
Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts
I liked the demo. I tried , but I didn't get into GTA or Saints Row. Crackdown feels less glitchy and aiming is better. But I don't think I will buy it since I get bored with these types of games.
zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts
im really tryin to ask this to myself too, i found the game to be awesome and i have it preordered already.
jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 jknight5422
Member since 2003 • 1992 Posts
Check the sticky. A lot of guys have said they like the game there. One guy even came back & said he liked it after he said previously he didn't. I've played the demo twice. It's a strange game, but it's interesting. Aiming can be done automatically with the left-trigger. It looks like it could take a long time to finish too.
freaky_monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freaky_monkey
Member since 2003 • 925 Posts
bump
Strykr_Mithras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Strykr_Mithras
Member since 2005 • 93 Posts
I enjoyed the demo.  It seems like a game that has the chance of some replay value and it looks to be fun with 2 players.

It may not be the greatest game of all time but I definately enjoyed playing it.

I've already got it preordered.
white45e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 white45e
Member since 2006 • 2453 Posts
 the game sucks and the demo was boring really boring
Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts
I haven't played the demo, but the game looks awesome. EGM gave it a good score, too.
Tasman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Tasman_basic
Member since 2002 • 3255 Posts
I wrote it off as soon as I heard about it then I played the demo and I gotta say it's one of the most fun games I have played in ages. Theres not much like jumping over the rooftops of a city (except spiderman games) and then you get the pleasure of driving around in cool cars and shootin up bad guys. Also to make it even more fun your not the criminal (I'm not against GTAs or anything I just like to play the good guy more).
36Ounces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 36Ounces
Member since 2006 • 2065 Posts
from what i've seen it looks sorta cheesy. but imma def. rent it 2 see whassup.
Avatar image for ItalianSta11ion
ItalianSta11ion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ItalianSta11ion
Member since 2004 • 1893 Posts
i kno... weird huh?? well luckily i fall in the love it category
thestickman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thestickman
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts
I've really enjoyed the demo and I keep going back to it pretty much anytime I've got the chance. I've always enjoyed free-roaming games where you can obtain any vehicles, and Crackdown's system of the character gaining super-human abilities overtime is really great in my opinion. And it's not like the game is only about jumping from building to building or picking up cars or anything like that; there are many objectives to complete as well as trials, and you have all those gang leaders to wipe out too. When I first heard about Crackdown awhile back I wasn't impressed or excited or anything about the game, but after giving the demo a run I think it would definitely be worth a purchase, especially considering that on the full version you won't have any sort of time limit and you can go to all areas on the map. I think online co-op for the game could bring a lot of replay value to it as well. I realize the graphics don't seem like anything spectacular, but I've come to admire their "different" look, and things like explosions are still incredible.
tbombrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tbombrocks
Member since 2004 • 582 Posts
Because people don't have opionions of their own. One bad review is all it takes for all the internet bashing to start. I really like the game. I have been looking forward to this game since launch. I could care less about the halo 3 beta. I will still play it, but I will play the game 1st.
Avatar image for Light_Destroyer
Light_Destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Light_Destroyer
Member since 2004 • 2013 Posts
I canceled my preorder because when you play the demo, it doesn't make you feel like playing the actual game.
kyle_toker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kyle_toker
Member since 2004 • 4950 Posts
ummm because its an opinion if a game is good or not... some people love and hate any game not just crackdown
Southwind20C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Southwind20C
Member since 2006 • 554 Posts
Cause mommy coddled them too much and now they must lash out. They hate to be good guys shooting bad guys, they need to be the bad guy shooting the good guys GTA style. Plus the graphics really do suck, but the Crackdown aim was for a graphic novel look and I can buy that.
redhawk360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 redhawk360
Member since 2006 • 723 Posts
i hated crackdown on the first playthrough but i decided to give it another shot and played it agin and loved it i think all those people that say they hate it have only played it once plus they probably got put off by the time limit i liked it so much after the demo i preorder it the only problem with crackdown is that there is no customisation.
thedigitals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thedigitals
Member since 2005 • 947 Posts
so far this is the best game i've played on 360. i got addicted to the demo to the point it was the only game i wanted to play and had to stop myself so that when the full game comes i won't be tired of it. i already was accepted to the halo beta so had no other reason to preorder this except that it's so addictive. but not everybody's gonna like the same game, i can understand that. i just don't understand why some people seem so bent on trashing this game. on the crackdown forums you'll have trolls come in and start 20 different threads bashing this game, some of them on there almost every day, what's the point? there's a lot of popular games i don't really care for, but i've never felt the need to go around the internet trashing them, if somebody enjoys playing them good for them
Elementguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Elementguy13
Member since 2005 • 2950 Posts
I'll wait until GTA IV, I like storys anyways and crackdown dosnt seem to have one.
god_of_shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 god_of_shawn
Member since 2005 • 559 Posts
I am buying Crackdown game cause of the Halo 3 Beta...This game kinda suxs though...GTA still rocks. =D
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
I don't think a game has divided public opinion so much like Crackdown has in the build up to its release. It appears you either love or hate it. Why is this? Is it the beta, the demo, the cell-shading?freaky_monkey
Despised so much? What are you talking about?? 70% and up of the people have spoke to are buying the game