Why does my Xbox "beep" at me?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by behem0th247 (452 posts) -

Every so often when i turn on my 360, i hear an odd beeping noise, like when you turn on sticky keys on a computer (press shift 5 times). Any ideas as to what this could mean? My 360 works perfectly mind.

#2 Posted by behem0th247 (452 posts) -
Oh and the sound comes direct from the 360.
#3 Posted by Kerplunk124 (58 posts) -
Yeah the same thing happens to me from time to time
#4 Posted by behem0th247 (452 posts) -
off topic, how do u link ur GT to your gamespot account?
#5 Posted by MentatAssassin (3007 posts) -
I dont mind when my xbox beeps at me. Reminds me of R2-D2.:D
#6 Posted by SpeakForYou (120 posts) -
that too. Doesn't bother me, just as long as I can play it I don't care what it does :P
#7 Posted by JayQproductions (1685 posts) -
yea mine started beepin........about 2 weeks later my box started freezing, saying games disc's where unreadable, then i got one red light with a e-79 error and one red light with a e-71 error
#8 Posted by Vance_009 (2005 posts) -
when I turn on the xbox I sometimes gets a "beep" I guss thats just something that the new cpu does, because my old xbox did not do that.
#9 Posted by mike4realz (2567 posts) -
i got the very first generation xbox 360 and it beep on me. i posted on forums long time ago and they couldn't figure out what it was. it also froze sometimes. few days later, it got the RROD. i got my second RROD in November. it beep at first, then games started freezing, few days later, it got the RROD
#10 Posted by dysturbed (609 posts) -
it secret microsoft code letting you know one of 2 things. 1. your xbox loves you 2.Your xbox is about to screw you (take that however you want)
#11 Posted by jedbaldoni (440 posts) -

Every so often when i turn on my 360, i hear an odd beeping noise, like when you turn on sticky keys on a computer (press shift 5 times). Any ideas as to what this could mean? My 360 works perfectly mind.

behem0th247
the last time that happened to me, i got the red ring
#12 Posted by xmen1414 (1948 posts) -
I dont mind when my xbox beeps at me. Reminds me of R2-D2.:DMentatAssassin
My Pc is from star wars! beep beep beep beep!! That shift key is amazing! :lol: