Who else would love to see an Xbox All-Stars Battle Royale?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

robo37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By robo37
Member since 2009 • 36 Posts

The Playstation version was popular enough so I recon it would make sense if Microsoft did their own version with Xbox characters... I mean, think about all the Xbox fanboys who'd buy this just for Master Chief alone, or just to own the definitive Xbox game. And lets be honest, it'll just be cool to see all these characters in the same game!

As the PlayStation version has 20 characters I've came up with my own list of 20 characters I think people would like to see in this one. I've only included characters that come from games that are either an Xbox console exclusive, or came out on an Xbox console before all the rest. Here's what I came up with:

1. Master Chief (Halo)

2. Marcus Fenix (Gears of War)

3. Steve (Minecraft)

4. Jack of Blades (Fable)

5. Frank West (Dead Rising)

6. Commander Shepard (Mass Effect)

7. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)

8. Conker (Conker: Live and Reloaded)

9. Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts)

10. Doomguy (Doom 3)

11. Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark Zero)

12. Death's Hand (Jade Empire)

13. Riddick (The Chronicles of Riddick)

14. Kameo (Kameo: Elements of Power)

15. Stubbs (Stubbs The Zombie)

16. Stranger (Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath)

17. 'Splosion Man ('Splosion Man)

18. The Gunstringer (The Gunstringer)

19. Shu (Blue Dragon)

20. Marius Titus (Ryse: Son of Rome)

I also thought about having Alan Wake, but his main weapon was just the torch he used to destroy darkness, and as the other characters aren't infested by darkness that wouldn't really work. Also I thought about having a Titan from Titanfall but they are HUGE compared to a normal sized character and would hog the screen. Maybe you could use one as a boss?

Anyway, let me know what you guys think. Would you play a game like this?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Many of those aren't Xbox IPs and would require royalties or deals to be made across many publishers (Riddick, Ryse, Ninja Gaiden, Mass Effect, Oddworld, Dead Rising, Stubbs, etc). A tiny few 3rd party deals makes sense as Nintendo and Sony did that, but that's way too many 3rd party characters. This looks like it would turn into more of a 3rd party All Stars Battle than Xbox one at this point. If it was a third party all stars game, they could even make it across systems for Wii U and PS4. Then there is considering how much money would be flying out the door to secure these 3rd party characters for a single platform...would Xbox even make money selling this game after all the deals with so many publishers? It's too risky with that roster.

Also, Ryse is a new IP and single new game from Crytek and it flopped, I don't even think that character is something the masses even want or would be a draw to buy the game. In fact, M$ wanted to buy the RYSE IP from Crytek and Crytek blocked it. That move also killed the RYSE sequel. I'm not sure either company is happy with each other currently after some other news bits I read, especially considering how poorly RYSE worked out. Xbox wouldn't want to promote RYSE an IP that isn't getting a sequel and an IP that wasn't popular. Oddworld has a recent history with Xbox which includes not even releasing Stranger's Wrath HD on Xbox platforms. Actually Oddworld and Xbox have a much bigger history, but I don't want to type it all out.

I see RARE being used a lot up there as well, which is fine, but it's almost a RARE game entirely (Banjo & Kazooie, Conker, Perfect Dark, Kameo). Maybe they should just make a RARE all stars and be done with it and throw in MasterChief.

It's not just about having IPs and characters, it's about drawing in HUGE Characters from MEGA SUCCESSFUL IPs. The big draws you have is Halo, GeoW, and Minecraft, which is a start...but not enough. The other big draws you enlisted are from major 3rd party companies and what happens is profits go out the door if you are buying character after character to fill up the roster. They wouldn't do that. As I said, a couple of 3rd party deals make sense, but not 7+ games that fill up almost half the roster).

I don't think it would be a good move yet.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Nobody... Microsoft has shitty Mascots.

If anything they would be better off with Xbox Avatar Battle Royale

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

No, it'd be a recipe for disaster just like PlayStation All-Stars was.