Which should I buy? (JRPG)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#2 Posted by theeverydaygame (54 posts) -

[QUOTE="theeverydaygame"]I actually have played it and idk I just wasn't a fan of it. Unfortunate, but it happens.Blueresident87

That is unfortunate.

Yea, Star Ocean is pretty good. Blue Dragon and Eternal aren't too bad either.

Yeah I think I've narrowed it down to those three because with shipping I can get either for about 10 to 11 bucks!
#3 Posted by theeverydaygame (54 posts) -
I'm gonna have 2 weeks coming up with absolutely nothing to do so I was thinking of buying an older JRPG and my choices are Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Star Ocean, or The Last Remnat. I've played a bit of Blue Dragon before but I had to give it back to my friend. Which would you suggest?
#4 Posted by Blueresident87 (5340 posts) -

Of those games, Star Ocean I guess.

You don't mention it at all, so I'll bring it up. If you haven't played it before, get Lost Odyssey instead. It's better than every game you have listed.

#5 Posted by theeverydaygame (54 posts) -
I actually have played it and idk I just wasn't a fan of it. Unfortunate, but it happens.
#6 Posted by JML897 (33128 posts) -
Eternal Sonata is fantastic.
#7 Posted by Bigboi500 (30333 posts) -

Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata are both good games.

#8 Posted by Blueresident87 (5340 posts) -

I actually have played it and idk I just wasn't a fan of it. Unfortunate, but it happens.theeverydaygame

That is unfortunate.

Yea, Star Ocean is pretty good. Blue Dragon and Eternal aren't too bad either.

#9 Posted by -Water-Wings- (1080 posts) -

Star Ocean is a fun game to play but I find find all the characters extremely annoying so I ended up skipping every cutscene. I didn't even kow what the story was about.

#10 Posted by theeverydaygame (54 posts) -
Or just thought about this one (even though I'm pretty sure it's not a JRPG) would dragons dogma rise above all of these?
#11 Posted by ristactionjakso (5801 posts) -

None. Just Buy Lost Odyssey.

#12 Posted by PrinceRhymz (95 posts) -

ristactionjakso
This. Also I really couldn't get into blue dragon. But maybe that's me.
#13 Posted by theeverydaygame (54 posts) -
[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

PrinceRhymz

I just couldn't get into Lost Odyssey either though. :/
#14 Posted by ristactionjakso (5801 posts) -

[QUOTE="PrinceRhymz"][QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

theeverydaygame

Vesperia?

#15 Posted by theeverydaygame (54 posts) -

[QUOTE="theeverydaygame"][QUOTE="PrinceRhymz"] This. Also I really couldn't get into blue dragon. But maybe that's me.ristactionjakso

Vesperia?

I actually looked into it and it's a good possibility even though it is 25 bucks :/
#16 Posted by Ardazu (485 posts) -

They are good games in my opinion but out of these four I would have to go with Star Ocean first and Eternal Sonata second.  Last Remnant is also good but I don't think gameplay is for everyone.

#17 Posted by gangstarapper (105 posts) -

Out of those games I enjoyed tales of vesperia and eternal sonata the most. Never could get into star ocean for some reason, its just not that immersive.

#18 Posted by MentatAssassin (3007 posts) -

Blue Dragon. it's a bit cheesy but incredibly fun to play.

#19 Posted by 3KindgomsRandy (15488 posts) -

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

[QUOTE="theeverydaygame"] I just couldn't get into Lost Odyssey either though. :/theeverydaygame

Vesperia?

I actually looked into it and it's a good possibility even though it is 25 bucks :/

If you haven't played Vesperia, it's the best one that's been mentioned.

#20 Posted by _TheJoker_ (6013 posts) -

Of those games, Star Ocean I guess.

You don't mention it at all, so I'll bring it up. If you haven't played it before, get Lost Odyssey instead. It's better than every game you have listed.

Blueresident87

This!

Get Lost Odyssey NOW!

#21 Posted by XiggyTheBeast (85 posts) -
Eternal Sonata is fantastic. JML897
This
#22 Posted by theeverydaygame (54 posts) -
I think I've decided to get Dragons Dogma because it's cheap and a couple of my friends have it. Also I might buy Lost Odyssey if I have enough money. I hate being a poor college student :( Eventually I will get Tales of Vesperia because it looks pretty grand and I've heard the story is great!
#23 Posted by Blueresident87 (5340 posts) -

[QUOTE="MentatAssassin"]

[QUOTE="theeverydaygame"] Also I might buy Lost Odyssey if I have enough money.theeverydaygame

You wont regret getting Lost Odyssey as it's fantastic.

Might buy it off a guy from a vinyl site I like to go on for 15 bucks (including shipping) assuming he has it still.

$15 is a bit high if the game is used, but that would still be worth it.

Edit: Nevermind, not if it includes shipping.

#24 Posted by MentatAssassin (3007 posts) -

Also I might buy Lost Odyssey if I have enough money.theeverydaygame

#25 Posted by theeverydaygame (54 posts) -

[QUOTE="theeverydaygame"] Also I might buy Lost Odyssey if I have enough money.MentatAssassin

Might buy it off a guy from a vinyl site I like to go on for 15 bucks (including shipping) assuming he has it still.
#26 Posted by theeverydaygame (54 posts) -

[QUOTE="theeverydaygame"][QUOTE="MentatAssassin"]

Blueresident87

$15 is a bit high if the game is used, but that would still be worth it.

Edit: Nevermind, not if it includes shipping.

Includes shipping. I made a list on that site of the games I listed here with a bit below amazon with shipping prices to see if anyone would bite. Surprisingly a bunch of vinyl collectors are gaming enthusiasts too!
#27 Posted by CTR360 (7178 posts) -
tales of vesperia and lost odyssey
#28 Posted by theeverydaygame (54 posts) -
Was gonna buy Lost Odyssey off of someone but they don't have it so its just dragons dogma. Unless someone wants to sell me Lost Odyssey :P
#29 Posted by ristactionjakso (5801 posts) -

Was gonna buy Lost Odyssey off of someone but they don't have it so its just dragons dogma. Unless someone wants to sell me Lost Odyssey :Ptheeverydaygame
I bought LO for $10 used at gamestop.

#30 Posted by theeverydaygame (54 posts) -

[QUOTE="theeverydaygame"]Was gonna buy Lost Odyssey off of someone but they don't have it so its just dragons dogma. Unless someone wants to sell me Lost Odyssey :Pristactionjakso

I bought LO for $10 used at gamestop.

That was with shipping because I have no car to get anywhere in college. Now I'm not getting it because well he can't find it/doesn't have it anymore :(
#32 Posted by Samslayer (1650 posts) -

Out of the games you listed I've played through and beat Blue Dragon and Last Remnant.

I enjoyed Last Remnant much more than Blue Dragon, just be careful though you need to play the game correctly or you can completely mess up your playthrough. With that, Last Remnant is a challenging but enjoyable game!  

Blue Dragon on the other hand is pretty simplistic and really did not live up to my expectations. 

Out of those two games Last Remnant was a much better experience!