Which of these games have the best campaign?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by memeguy (3 posts) -

I have Fallout 3, Max Payne 3, Red Dead Redemption, GTA TBOGT. Which of these have the best campaign, and which games should i look to buy, both campaign and multiplayer.(dont have to be both, but at least one.)

#2 Posted by Tehspooner (34 posts) -

Fallout 3 in my opinion had quite an immersive campaign that will keep you playing for hours and the same could be said for red dead redemption. they both have the feel that you could play for hours and not get bored of the campaign.

#3 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -
RDR
#4 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

Fallout 3 and RDR. Both of those games will keep you busy for a very long time, Fallout especially

#5 Posted by GamerZem (539 posts) -
RDR, extremely time-consuming but amazing campaign. Fallout 3 is good, though.
#6 Posted by sukraj (21902 posts) -

Max Payne 3

#7 Posted by Inferi-Fang (71 posts) -

Definitely Fallout.

#8 Posted by boredom_kills (190 posts) -

Many people (including myself) have put hundreds of hours into Fallout 3. It's an incredible time-sink. Red Dead Redemption, from a story point of view, is one of the best games out there. The ending is incredible, and a moment shortly before it has brought a tear to the eyes of many seasoned gamers.

#9 Posted by EvilSelf (3619 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption has the best story-based campaign. Fallout 3 is an incredible game to lose yourself into, but the main story is a little below par. Fallout 3 is more of a way of life than following one story. I can recommend both RDR and then Fallout 3 for a story-based experience.

#10 Posted by firefox59 (4344 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption has the best story-based campaign. Fallout 3 is an incredible game to lose yourself into, but the main story is a little below par. Fallout 3 is more of a way of life than following one story. I can recommend both RDR and then Fallout 3 for a story-based experience.

EvilSelf
This. RDR is alll about the story and the dialogue is pretty good. Listen to the characters talk on the traveling wagon missions and don't skip them. Where as Fallout 3 is all about the gameplay and the actual experience of the wasteland with the story being kind of lackluster. But there are still lots of good side quests that are pretty entertaining.
#11 Posted by BeatMastaFlex (79 posts) -

red dead redemtion without a doubt. its one of my favorite games/stories. im pretty sure people still play the multiplayer, i still get on every once in a while.

#12 Posted by PatChampsXXXVI (392 posts) -
Red Dead but Fallout isn't far behind
#13 Posted by kozzy1234 (35143 posts) -

RDR imo, or get Fallout New Vegas instead of Fallout3 (much more enjoyable imo, also get Old World Blues dlc)

#14 Posted by Hsk_Dark_Link (55 posts) -

Fallout 3 has a great campaign, but no multiplayer. Red Dead Redemption is definitely a good choice as well

#15 Posted by Blueresident87 (5334 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption has the better story-based campaign. One of the best stories around.

Fallout 3/New Vegas though are some of the best games ever made, even though the story in either game isn't great. Very immersive, so I would say that Fallout has the better campaign overall.

#16 Posted by guitarsmash09 (105 posts) -
Red Dead Redemption
#17 Posted by Flubbbs (2912 posts) -

Fallout 3 and Max Payne 3

#18 Posted by destinhpark (4700 posts) -

Wooo tough choice. Fallout 3 definitely has the best value, but as far as a strong campaign with excellent characters and voice acting, I think Red Dead wins.

#19 Posted by immortality20 (7957 posts) -

In my opinion it's Max Payne 3, but I know I'm in the small miniority. Max Payne 3 was the only game by Rockstar I enjoyed this gen.

#20 Posted by sukraj (21902 posts) -

In my opinion it's Max Payne 3, but I know I'm in the small miniority. Max Payne 3 was the only game by Rockstar I enjoyed this gen.

immortality20

i'm with u on that one imo.

#21 Posted by DecadesOfGaming (3090 posts) -

If your in to exploration, then you will simply get hundreds of hours out of 'Fallout 3' which consists of a good story, but be warned because it includes one of the most dissapointing endings of all time!

#22 Posted by Flubbbs (2912 posts) -

immortality20

same here.. i didnt like RDR or GTA

#23 Posted by st4rbuck (8 posts) -
RDR and MP, amazing.
#24 Posted by realguitarhero5 (3900 posts) -

Oh man, those are all good.

Fallout 3: Good, but didn't last me as long as I thought it would. It didn't have the same roleplaying aspects that I loved from Skyrim, which I played first. There aren't as many different ways to play the game.

Max Payne 3: Never played; heard it was very good.

Red Dead Redemption: I loved it once I finished, but about halfway to two-thirds of the way through, I got burned out. I picked it up again a month or two later and after a few hours of "grinding" I it a point in the story where I think I marathoned about 7 hours straight to finish. And the ending is very touching and thought-provoking.

TBoGT: I have not finished. But so far it hasn't strayed from the familar GTA IV. Which is to say, it is still fantastic. The inclusion of parachutes adds to the potential mayhem of GTA that we all love.

:D I don't know if you can tell already, but I am going to have to give this to Red Dead. I got a little burned out in the middle, but I ended up loving it. The refined controls and feel of the R.A.G.E. engine are very noticeable over GTA IV.

The multiplayer is a little nasty sometimes as "free roam" ends up turning into a "free-for-all" as no one seems to understand that the game is more fun when you don't always automatically shoot any other player on the spot :evil: (Which is a problem with the terrible community, not the game. I never met such awful people as the console community of GTA IV/Red Dead). But the competitive modes can be a blast.

#25 Posted by riou7 (10832 posts) -

Fallout 3 and RDR, If I had to choose one I'd go with Fallout 3

#26 Posted by l0xidax145 (5 posts) -
Fallout 3 Kept me on for days thru days make sure you buy Point Lookout Broken Steel and Operation Anchorage
#27 Posted by CTR360 (6952 posts) -
fallout 3 and RDR
#28 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69796 posts) -
RDR has a great campaing according to my brother, it's the best he has played he said beside San Andreas and Vice City
#29 Posted by MentatAssassin (3007 posts) -

Fallout 3 and Red Dead Redemption. Fallout 3 is like being zapped by an alien probe that forces you to live out your entire life as someone else.

#30 Posted by PonchoTaco (1945 posts) -
from those, Max Payne 3. Short, but sweet.