Which is my Destiny...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jimminyfixit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Jimminyfixit
Member since 2005 • 325 Posts

I have such mixed feelings about Destiny that I don't know where I stand on which version to buy.

When announced, my initial feelings were not good. For here was a game built by Halo devs, who made their success thanks to the Xbox (and the Xbox brand in turn has much to thank them for) now launching a game mainly aimed at the PS4. Here in the UK all Destiny adds must be for PS4 which also strikes me as a little unfair. I mean it was Xbox fans back in the day spending hundreds of pounds on a new Xbox just to play Halo CE and Halo 2. It was them Bungie has to thank for 5, 8 and 15 million copies of Halo CE, 2 and 3 respectively. Geeks were queueing up for the Legendary Edition just so they can grab a Master Chief helmet only to get it stolen at school and walk home wearing their pants on their heads instead.

Was all that in vein? To me the game screamed "Halo for Playstation" and giving PS loyalists a chance to experience a Bungie game financed by the people that gave Bungie their big break.

On the other hand I loved my PS1 and PS2 and can honestly say those gaming days were some of the best and I bet many can say the same. The PS3 was OK but because of the likes of Halo and Gears of War I was stuck to the 360. I now own a PS4 (and an XOne) and have been replaying The Last of Us Remastered - probably one of the best games ever made. Now I feel compelled to play something on it which I haven't played before....at least I think I haven't.

So with all irrationality aside do I start anew with a fresh console ignoring the little voices in my head saying "just like Halo". Or do I play it the way all Bungie games have been played in the past - on an Xbox controller with fat buttons and bumpers for my 'nades.

The answer: Buy it for the console you most enjoy playing on. For me that's the One you should play.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I am not digging Destiny to be honest, but for me as an owner of both one thing I did notice was PS4/PS3 gamers get exclusive Destiny content.

If someone already owns both machines and are going to buy the game, that's a major variable to consider for me. Extra content for the same $60 bucks. Unfortunately, I didn't much like the Betas of the Destiny game though. I may buy for $20 on sale someday, maybe.

My complaint too is that the game was designed primarily to be a PS360 game and the current gen machines like Xbone/PS4 are being held back by decade old consoles.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Can't wait to dig into Destiny

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@sukraj I played like 5 hours straight yesterday with 2 other people.....what a spectacular game....we encountered several Public Events also was so cool....it feels like I am on a huge space adventure with this game, and I just love some of the details they put in the game.....like when you accelerate with your hovercraft they got the sound effect down perfectly.....lots of polish and attention to detail

Im more impressed than I was with the beta for some reason I never got in that knowing the game was coming out soon.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

@sukraj I played like 5 hours straight yesterday with 2 other people.....what a spectacular game....we encountered several Public Events also was so cool....it feels like I am on a huge space adventure with this game, and I just love some of the details they put in the game.....like when you accelerate with your hovercraft they got the sound effect down perfectly.....lots of polish and attention to detail

Im more impressed than I was with the beta for some reason I never got in that knowing the game was coming out soon.

I'm digging the game too I'm playing alone and I'm having a blast playing as a titan.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Destiny 76-79/100 at Metacritic.