Which has better multilplayer Halo 4 or Battlefield 3 Premium?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Bluski (427 posts) -

I have Halo 4 but I haven't opened it yet. I might return it and get Battlefield 3 premium for the same price of $40 because it seems like a better deal which comes with the full package of DLC and future ones, something like 25 extra maps, but the downside is 24 player matches as opposed to PC. Halo is just sitting there with the other Halos and it just seems like I'll like it at first until it starts to feel like the same game again, when I could have just saved money and play Reach. I also want to expand on my collection since I don't have a Battlefield game yet except Bad company 2 on my brothers laptop which I don't play. My main gripe is Halo 5 is already announced (which I think is seriously too early) and possibly even a 2013 release with 720 along with Battlefield 4, so should I just wait instead? Or should I just be like **** it, play Halo 4 since its right there. Thanks.

#2 Posted by MentatAssassin (3007 posts) -

Halo 4. Next!

#3 Posted by MaddenBowler10 (8820 posts) -
I'll be the first to recommend BF3 over Halo 4. While I'm starting to get fatigued with BOTH multiplayer experiences with these two gaming series, I do know that I've had far more fun with BF3 than I have with Halo 4. Now, this is also coming from someone who hasn't played every single game mode of either game nor do I own all of the BF3 DLC. Judging from just having BF3 and the Back to Karkand map pack, I think the game looks better and you can go about each match in several different ways. Where as with Halo 4, maps are small and you do not have to move very far to find someone. And that's where I think Halo 4 fails, as I thought the slower pace to Halo 3 allowed players to plan their attack(like in BF3) more thoroughly than you can in Halo 4. With the added custom loadouts and sprint in every class, everyone running around and picking Battle Rifle or DMR's, you are surely to encounter enemies over and over again and it feels tiresome, just like Call of Duty has. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy Halo 4 and every match is frenetic, but it is starting to feel modernized with a COD feel to it that I'm not sure I like. Battlefield 3 is still Battlefield with big maps, vehicles, many different weapon types...etc..
#4 Posted by DoctorWho88 (280 posts) -

BF3 obviously, with a small downside and a huge benefit (considering value), as for the quality, well, BF3 as well :P Loads more content, and huge community based (no thanks to EA). I don't, however, own Halo 4, so I can't really say what its like.

#5 Posted by shadow_Metroid (1642 posts) -

I guess I have to give this to BF3 for all the weapon load outs, tanks, jets, ect.

#6 Posted by Blueresident87 (5339 posts) -

I would go with Halo 4 but my appetite for multiplayer in video games, especially shooters, dwindles more with each day.

#7 Posted by mrsniper83 (1552 posts) -
Why are people evening posting replies when they haven't played what is asked......You get more of your moneys worth with BF3 but Halos multiplayer is still great.Its hard to compare these two games, it all goes on choice really.I have both,I have all maps on bf3 as well and I seem to spend more time on Halo4 these days.Go with Halo4.
#8 Posted by DoctorWho88 (280 posts) -
Why are people evening posting replies when they haven't played what is asked.mrsniper83
Because there is always bound to be bias, especially for people who become attached to these games
#9 Posted by MercenaryMafia (2917 posts) -
Halo 4
#10 Posted by Warablo13 (1289 posts) -
Battlefield 3 has more content.. So I would say Bf 3...
#11 Posted by Cyanide4Suicid3 (783 posts) -
Honestly, I love both games but Id rather play Battlefield any day. Although, Ive got to ask, how would you buy Premium for $40? I bought the standard edition for $40 just a few weeks ago.
#12 Posted by Bluski (427 posts) -
Honestly, I love both games but Id rather play Battlefield any day. Although, Ive got to ask, how would you buy Premium for $40? I bought the standard edition for $40 just a few weeks ago. Cyanide4Suicid3
Amazon has a sale on it right now for $40.
#13 Posted by MaddenBowler10 (8820 posts) -
Honestly, I love both games but Id rather play Battlefield any day. Although, Ive got to ask, how would you buy Premium for $40? I bought the standard edition for $40 just a few weeks ago. Cyanide4Suicid3
Lol you got screwed. The Premium edition has been on sale everywhere for weeks now.
#14 Posted by Bluski (427 posts) -
I really can't make up my mind right now. I think I'll just go with Halo 4 and get Battlefield 4 next year for next gen which hopefully supports up to 64 players online.
#15 Posted by Primordialous (1276 posts) -

I would go with Halo 4 but my appetite for multiplayer in video games, especially shooters, dwindles more with each day.

Blueresident87

Halo 4 all the way. And that sounds exactly like me.

#16 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10127 posts) -
I'd say Halo 4.
#17 Posted by sukraj (22296 posts) -

Halo 4

#19 Posted by Schreek (1636 posts) -

Create a time machine and get Battlefield 3 Premium Edition for $25 on Black Friday.

#20 Posted by Bluski (427 posts) -
dang, I knew I saw it for $30 during Black friday at bestbuy but I wasn't looking to buy the game siince I didn't have gold at that time.
#21 Posted by MaKillaGorilla (298 posts) -

Well I have BF3 both on Xbox and PC, as well as Halo 4 (obvious system) and that is tough. I love Battlefield for shear ridiculousness. Then Halo can really be a test to reflexes and thinking on your feet, plus its campaign is a million times better. Bad Company 2 is the reason I ever started playing MP online but BF3 is not as good imo. Halo 4 is awesome but too much like the others just a bit faster paced. I too am getting tired of playing MP online so much so that I usually just get to putting the disc in. Though I guess BF3 I can play more often though I mostly jack around and blow stuff up :p

#22 Posted by Evdne971 (223 posts) -
The 720 doesn't come out till 2014 Since 343 announced since the game development takes two years now instead of 3. Or it could come out late next year. BF4 on the other hand is a 2014 game. As a halo fan boy I'd have to say halo gets boring ONLY the same goes with battle field. Two down sides to both games BF3: they use mics less, and it's hard to find a team player... And wayyyy more boring to play alone with big old empty maps but way more fun than halo with friends. Halo4: more interaction you can have more fun alone but you don't get as much content. If you have friends that have Premium go with BF3 it won't disappoint. Or you can wait and get both!!
#23 Posted by Evdne971 (223 posts) -
ONLY if you play aloe for too long***
#24 Posted by Evdne971 (223 posts) -
Errr Alone*
#25 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15592 posts) -

If we are only talking about the consoles then Halo, especially if you have friends to play custom maps and gametypes with. If you include the PC and are playing Battlefield 3 with the amount of people the maps were actually made for then BF3 is easily the winner.

Errr
Alone*

You can edit your posts by clicking the little box on the bottom right of them.

#26 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2397 posts) -

BF3 Premium is the better deal since it comes with more MP content/maps. I think it's the more fun of the two, but Halo 4 still offers a good amount of fun. Something just feels off with Halo 4, like it tried to be something it's not. BF3 feels right, though I think Bad Company 2 did some things better (like the destruciton).

Still, BF3 is probably the better deal, but I believe they're both $40 at Target now for a sale, so if you can get it for that then possibly get both.

#27 Posted by Trinitarian (1276 posts) -
i own both. I like BF3 a tab more than a little more than Halo 4, if you can make sense of that lol. BF3 has so much more to do in it with a realistic hardcore feel. Halo 4 is fun though which is why i own both. However, i'm taking a break fro FPS, i've been living in Xcom for the last week :)