Which Halo game is best???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Raider762 (197 posts) -

Which is Best and why is it better than the other 2 on Xbox??

Halo 1

Halo 2

Halo3

I have only played Halo 1 and 2 as of today. I enjoyed Halo 1 but I despise Halo 2 for its flaws of being released too early and being force to be someone other than Master Chief. From the looks Halo 3 looks like it is an AWESOME game.

#2 Posted by spidadragon1 (1844 posts) -
I like Halo 3 the most
#3 Posted by brandonthesaint (148 posts) -
A lot of people will say Halo 1, but I was very impressed with Halo 3. The small difference in the controlles makeing the right bumper the new X button, and the drastic change in graphics from Halo 1 or 2 really immerses you in the story and everything comes toghther at the end(watch after the credits) Halo 3 might be my favorite Halo or in that matter my favorite game.(read my review)
#4 Posted by DaKidLiLJ (842 posts) -
halo 3 all the way definitely...only time u play as someone else is co op with ur buddies which is one of the best co op modes in game...but halo 3 is the same MP as Halo 2 with lots of additions.
#5 Posted by david60639 (6947 posts) -

SP: 1, 3, 2.

MP: 3,1, 2.

#6 Posted by slyfox25 (75 posts) -

halo1 had the better story but halo3 had better weapons and other good stuff

#7 Posted by omrikk87 (1322 posts) -
i think halo 3 is the best, from what ive played with h1 and h2 , halo3 was pretty nice all along , to bad its short as it is...
#8 Posted by WalkinRobot (130 posts) -
Halo3 it just takes halo 1 elements on steroids...
#9 Posted by WalkinRobot (130 posts) -
Halo3 it just takes halo 1 elements on steroids...
#10 Posted by Clinton015 (9039 posts) -
halo 3 is the best.....h2 weaker campaign great online....h1 AMAZING CAMPAIGN good mp......h3 trumps because AMAZING CAMPAIGN WITH A PRETTY GOOD ONLINE
#11 Posted by BlindEffekt (897 posts) -
halo 1 made me pop a bone, sadly no other halo did
#12 Posted by beutlich99 (1120 posts) -
Halo 1. Halo 3 is right up there, but I have to go with the first one, because it is the reason I got back into gaming.
#13 Posted by Giff1988 (800 posts) -
Combat evolved. Halo2 nor Halo3's single player come close to competing in my opinion. Halo2's SP was straight up awful in my book. Halo3 although good suffered from really stupid friendly AI, bad Pacing, and well..... just being very predictable.
#14 Posted by joebra737hzqp (40 posts) -
Halo 3 Triumphs over the first 2. The Campaign pays tribute to the original, and adds a lot of new cool stuff, plus you finally get to finish the fight. The multiplayer and the graphics both got upgrades as well, and you get Forge and Save Films
#15 Posted by acekicka (808 posts) -
Halo 1>>Halo 3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Halo 2, Halo 1 had the best assortment of weapons in my opinion, in 2 and 3, they just watered everything down, they made the pistol weaker, the sniper rifle weaker (slower), the rocket launcher weaker, the shotgun weaker (although it is decent in 3), and the grenades weaker, they made 2 and 3 toonoob friendly, and we know 1 has the best campaign.
#16 Posted by Trickshot771 (12686 posts) -
Halo 1, then Halo 3, then Halo 2
#17 Posted by yencanwasu (266 posts) -
i think halo 3 but its not perfect like some fans would say LOL its worth buying though
#18 Posted by gimlifn (620 posts) -
Halo 3: I'm really enjoying the story mode and the new features like the bubble shield are awesome. 
#19 Posted by limpbizkit818 (15044 posts) -

Halo 3 is better then the first two in every way possible. People have such fond memories of Halo: CE, but it just can't hold up to H3, especially its later repitious levels. Halo 3 is what Halo 2 should have been. The Sp is bigger, with a lot more vehicle parts. How long where you in a Warthog in H2? 5 minutes?

#20 Posted by mikemd4eva (564 posts) -
Halo 3 .
#21 Posted by SPARTAN-034 (57 posts) -
For me it's a tie between Halo 1 and Halo 3.
#22 Posted by Arlovski (55 posts) -

Halo 1 by a landslide

Multiplayer never got old even after 7 years

Singleplayer never got old even after 7 years

What more could you ask for

#23 Posted by craigalan23 (15879 posts) -
Halo 3 overall but in terms of greatness for it's time Halo 1.
#24 Posted by iam2green (13991 posts) -
i think halo 2 was better then all of them. halo 3 realy just halo 2 just with better graphics.
#25 Posted by -GhostFace91- (12 posts) -
I liked Halo 1's campaign but Halo 3 is better online.
#26 Posted by mohfrontline (5678 posts) -

Halo 1 I had the most fun on campaign. halo 3 was the most fun for multiplayer while it lasted. Ask my friends and they'll all say Halo 2 was the best for multiplayer. I didn't have an xbox at the time, so I missed the "golden age" of halo 2 LIVE.

I still dont get why Halo 3 made reload the right bumper. I liked it better as X.

#27 Posted by KOTORkicker (4595 posts) -
Halo.
#28 Posted by JeM760soCAL (546 posts) -
I would have to say Halo 3. The Levels, The new equipment, Enemy vehicles, Graphics.
#29 Posted by ag3ntz3rox0x (1534 posts) -
halo2 is an unmatched multiplayer game.
#30 Posted by haven79 (707 posts) -
i love the online of halo 3 the most, but halo 2 was still amazing. i liked some parts of h2 better, but halo 3 was overall better. halo 1 had a great story, up with halo 3
#31 Posted by MM87 (1254 posts) -
1. Halo 3 2. Halo 3. Halo 2
#32 Posted by nbalive4life (306 posts) -
Halo 3
#33 Posted by Hincha_de_River (40 posts) -

Halo2 great MP but weak SP

#34 Posted by Phxsns1 (27 posts) -
Halo 1 had the assault rifle. Halo 2 had the battle rifle. Halo 3 had both. The weapons were much better, the graphics were better, the story might not have been as good as Halo 1( although it was much better than Halo 2), but still stands as my favorite Halo game in the series.
#35 Posted by gthorgan (1 posts) -
When i first got halo 1, i could not stop playing it for months! The story was awesome, the gameplay was intense and not to mention one of the best co-op games. there was no other game like it. And to be apart of the "buzz" of halo when it first came out was what added to it even more... it just doesnt compare. For many of the people who came into the halo series at like 2 or 3..... its just not the same. I got to give it to halo 3 though. They made some bad@ss vehicles and weapons. One thing i didnt like about 3 was it just seemed like a lot of the levels were the same on campaign and they really didn't introduce anything new to halo besides upgrades to what they already had. The story for 3 was pretty weak too but better than what 2 was. But it seemed like the ending to 3 was almost the same as halo 1 where your storming out of the exploding building full throttle...(not that it wasnt kick @ss) but i was looking for something different from before. One other thing too, halo 1 had the best LEVELS for multiplayer. Notice i say LEVELS because some of the modes they have on 3 are pretty damn fun and 3 does have some pretty killer levels too. but still i started with halo 1 and thats what made me a halo fan. Halo 1 the best. Halo 3 second best... halo 2 lagging way behind.
#36 Posted by ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ (1987 posts) -

Halo 1 MP? boring after 2 hours, try again. SP was better then MP in that game and it was only great for ITS TIME. As far as right now is concerned my vote goes to halo 3 for best overall package and the fact i can record pwning people online and play it back over and over. Then again i dont even play halo anymore but will probably pick it up again some day

Halo 1 by a landslide

Multiplayer never got old even after 7 years

Singleplayer never got old even after 7 years

What more could you ask for

Arlovski

#37 Posted by vashkey (33766 posts) -
I'd either go with Halo 1 or 3. Combat Evolved was the first so it's obviously the most fresh entry. I have alot of great memories with it and it did set alot of standard for console shooters. Halo 3 is the most well balanced and most feature centric entry in the series. Like Halo Combat Evolved I've had many good times with the game. It's really, really close but I think I may go with Combat Evolved. Specifically the PC version. I've had a ton of fun with the entire series though.
#38 Posted by vashkey (33766 posts) -

Halo 1 I had the most fun on campaign. halo 3 was the most fun for multiplayer while it lasted. Ask my friends and they'll all say Halo 2 was the best for multiplayer. I didn't have an xbox at the time, so I missed the "golden age" of halo 2 LIVE.

I still dont get why Halo 3 made reload the right bumper. I liked it better as X.

mohfrontline

I can think of a couple of reasons. To make the jump from Gears of War to Halo 3 a bit easier(before Halo 3 came out Gears was the most played game on Live). Also, while dual wielding you can reload each of your guns individually while dual wielding. The Right bumper for the gun in your right hand and the left bumper for the gun in your left hand. I'm sure theres a decent amount of people who still don't know this since most people don't dual wield.

i think halo 2 was better then all of them. halo 3 realy just halo 2 just with better graphics. iam2green

You could make the same sort of statement for almost any sequel. Like I could say Halo 2 is just Halo: combat Evolved with better graphics.

#39 Posted by Palantas (15323 posts) -

The first one. Halo: Combat Evolved was one of the most innovative shooters ever made. The sequels added features, but none of them approach the originality and impact of the first one.

#40 Posted by impl0sion (851 posts) -
Halo 1 is loved in the same way super mario was, it was great back then but if you released it today not many people would think alot of it. Halo 3 has th ebest multiplayer by quite a way so i'd have to go with that. I got into the whole halo thing late, but i have played all 3 of them, i don't see the attraction of the first 2 now.
#41 Posted by chugachea (736 posts) -

Combat Evolved for singplayer because it had an EPIC ending and halo3 for multiplayer because it was just awesome like that.

#42 Posted by yokofox33 (30270 posts) -

I like Halo: Combat Evolved the best. LAN parties were so much fun with friends.

#43 Posted by meconate (10476 posts) -

I enjoyed Halo 2 more at the time, but when Halo 3 came out I wasnt too impressed. I think Halo 3 has some improvement (graphical wise, obviously), but I don't enjoy the multiplayer like I used to when I played Halo 2. Halo 1 has a better storyline that either 2 or 3, but all-in-all I'd have to say Halo 2 was my favourite.

#44 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36985 posts) -
loved halo 1's SP, loved halo 2's multiplayer, halo 3 is somewhere in the middle
#45 Posted by rp108 (1743 posts) -

I like Halo 3 the best. The first one was good too, second was ok.

#46 Posted by halo_wars86 (1505 posts) -

i always hated all fps other than counter strike but when halo 1 got released i was truely breathless. halo 2 i did not like , halo 3 is amazing. but i say halo 1 was the best i love that game sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

#47 Posted by stike22 (3401 posts) -
In its time Halo combat evolved was the best one. Halo 2 was great but I wouldn't have said it was better, though it was a worthy sequel, the only thing that really * me off about it was I completed it in on the day it was released. Halo 3 was great in its time but the least great out of the 3.
#48 Posted by XCyberForceX (1135 posts) -

If you're talking about multiplayer then its Halo 2. This version benchmarked online play.

If you're talking about single (or co-op) then it would have to be Halo 3.

Overall Halo 2 had the most significant improvement in the series.

#49 Posted by Zucchini_Boy (1842 posts) -

Halo CE is my favorite, I must have played the campaign over 50 times and I love the Library!

#50 Posted by iboo01 (2784 posts) -
Halo 2- Best maps Halo3- Best Gameplay Halo1- Best Story