Which Grand Theft Auto do you like better 4 or 5? And why do you like it.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bmedina1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Poll Which Grand Theft Auto do you like better 4 or 5? And why do you like it. (18 votes)

GTAIV 11%
GTAV 78%
Neither 11%
 • 
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Neither.

Not really into sandbox games...although I own all of the GTA games for other reasons (friends, online MP, gifts, etc).

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

I vote for V. For me it has better characters, better story and a better setting. Also the online has more to it, even though I don't play it much.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I'm not really the biggest fan of either (compared to San Andreas & Vice City)... however, I enjoyed V waaaaay more than IV.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Both equally to be honest. I have a hard time comparing GTA games, I feel they are each incredible for their respective time periods.....I greatly enjoyed 3, 4 and 5. We'll see if the eventual 6, years from now, will be just as good.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

Vice City. I don't like the newer GTA games; they are trying to be too much of a life simulator now and that takes the fun out of the games.

RAMBO2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RAMBO2002
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts

IV is sucks driving is awful

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I enjoyed V a lot more than 4, much better game with better variety in missions. GTA 4 was very repetitive in my opinion but at the time the game was pretty awesome, hence it scoring a 10/10 here.

jaenjaes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 jaenjaes
Member since 2014 • 30 Posts

I have to say that I really enjoyed Grand Theft Auto IV back when it first released. I put way more hours into that game than I did with Grand Theft Auto V (initially, at least). The mechanics in V are a lot more refined and its an enjoyable game, most definitely. But, the grittiness of Liberty City has always been interesting to me. The story line for IV was very engaging, it had better character development for Niko than Michael, Franklin and Trevor. Which was a huge deal for someone like me because for GTAs I like to enjoy the story line first then cruise around & do mayhem. GTAIV had those "realistic" mechanics all fans had to adjust to, the awkward driving mechanics were rough at first but everyone digressed with time, and the gun play (playing with auto aim off on console) made it seem more stiff, so therefore more difficult in a sense.

All in all, I'm just a guy who always enjoys the first out of a series, or in GTAs case "generations". I hope a DLC comes out for V that brings back Las Venturas and San Ferrio, as SF was my favorite place to be in San Andreas, but that's just nostalgia speaking.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Gta5 because of gta online being loads of fun.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Both for me

MortisPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MortisPenguin
Member since 2014 • 172 Posts

I haven't enjoyed a GTA game since GTA III or Vice City.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Neither

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

GTA V is probably the more fun of the two. I enjoyed the characters of Trevor and Michael a great deal. Great voice acting and a good script made them a joy to play. Franklin not so much. He felt like a walking talking cliché and despite this probably being the intention I cant say I particularly enjoyed his role in the game, it felt largely unnecessary to me. Cant say I enjoy the online portion of the gta games, free roaming online should in theory be a whole lot of fun but the lack of people communicating on mic makes it difficult to organise anything interesting. Everything usually descends into one person trying to troll or control the direction things are moving.

I tend to stick to the single player game and achievement hunt now.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

4 Had a much better story and you got to know all the NPC's much better than in 5. Making 3 characters in 5 made the story have less depth. The driving physics where more fun also since it actually took skill and finesse to weave through traffic at high speed.