Where is the co-op matchmaking in the Halo Collection?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for CapnXtraObvious
CapnXtraObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 CapnXtraObvious
Member since 2012 • 506 Posts

I can't find it anywhere.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

There is none for the campain co-op, only for the competitive multiplayer modes. For campain you have to invite/join friends, or you can play local co-op.

CapnXtraObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CapnXtraObvious

@Alucard_Prime said:

There is none for the campain co-op, only for the competitive multiplayer modes. For campain you have to invite/join friends, or you can play local co-op.

What? Wow, that's pathetic. One of the main reasons I got it was to play the campaigns with strangers through matchmaking whenever I wish. Why remove it now...

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Alucard_Prime

@CapnXtraObvious: They didn't remove it, it was never there in the first place. I'm also pretty sure none of the previous Halo titles on 360 had campaign matchmaking, except one game I think had matchmaking with random missions.

I would like it to be there too, but on the flip side it would be a pain playing the harder difficulties with randoms who don't communicate. Right now I always play with the same person and it works out great.....if you can find someone on your friends list who plays it regularly you can just try asking them if they would play with you. Anyways, good luck, it's more fun co-op than alone I find.

CapnXtraObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CapnXtraObvious

@Alucard_Prime: I could swear Reach had campaign matchmaking...but either way, it feels like it should have been a really obvious addition here...

Well, I tried a few levels on Legendary and I handled it just fine. Don't think it could be any different in co-op. I'm pretty sure there were no partner revival systems of any kind, so it would be up to the dummies to handle themselves.

How is the multiplayer, though? I haven't tried it, but I heard it was a mess.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Alucard_Prime

Already threads on the condition of MP I recommend you read those, I don't really have issues getting into matches but from time to time it takes a few min longer or I have to back out and restart search.

Yeah I think it was Reach that had campaign matchmaking, that's the one I was thinking of in my previous post, however I think it would randomly select a mission for you. I actually would like them to add something like that in MCC....would be cool to replay some levels with scoring mode.