mason68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mason68
Member since 2004 • 195 Posts

I would like to preorder a game on my Xbox One. If I do, when can I begin downloading? I bought the AC Unity using download and it seemed to take FOREVER. I felt it would have been better to go to a midnight sale since I got tired of waiting and went on to bed. So is a game downloadable and not playable until release date, or do I have to wait until after midnight on the release date to start downloading?

9cyph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 9cyph
Member since 2003 • 36 Posts

? First off, AC Unity came out last year so buying Assassins Creed Unity would not be a "Preorder Game". Second, if you go to the Xbox Game store there is a section for upcoming games. If you see a game you want and click on it, if it is available for pre-purchase there will be an option to buy it there, just like how it would be if it was out now. Then, if it is available for pre-download it will start to download and you will have access to play it at 12:01 am on the release date. If it is not yet available for pre-download, once it is available it will start downloading, whether it be once its available for pre-download before the release date or at 12:01 am of the release date.

In your situation if it is a game that is already out, it should start downloading immediately. As long as you don't have a horrible internet connection you should be able to start playing after not too long (definitely before it would take you to put on clothes and go to a store to buy a copy or wait for a copy to be shipped from Amazon or online).