Whats with the Bayoneta hype?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

doughb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 doughb0y
Member since 2009 • 57 Posts

This game looks lame and is way overhyped.

TM_Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TM_Darkside
Member since 2007 • 3993 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. :|

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#3 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Dude, this game was barely talked about. I'm on this site all the time and I've only seen a good 20 people ever talk about the game. Then yesterday, there was a thread talking about the gamespot review. How is that hype? Besides, just because it looks lame to you, how is it bad? You haven't even played it and you're talking smack about it. So go sit in a corner and play it before making your judgments.
Avatar image for DamianAlexander
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DamianAlexander
Member since 2008 • 3762 Posts

What hype? Surely it isn't on Gamespot because I haven't seen any.

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
Good Review=Hype? Since When? && Just because it looks lame to you that doesn't automatically make it a bad game? Your logic is highly flawed
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

Man every time a AAA title gets released not everybody has to like it...just because you don't like it, the game automatically sucks of course or is overhyped...happens every year.

H_U_R_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 H_U_R_D
Member since 2006 • 4006 Posts

there should be hype

the game is awesome

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
It's an awesome game, and the hype is tiny compared to some recent games.
oUndauntedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 oUndauntedo
Member since 2009 • 84 Posts

I don't like Bayonetta, and I don't like any games like it--never have, never will, but even I can understand that other people don't share my opinion. And besides, my opinion on it is simply based around the fact that I can't stand on rails button mashing fighting games. It's part of the reason that, after watching the Devil May Cry anime, I still couldn't get into DMC 4 no matter how hard I wanted to.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Game was hyped by a very small, dedicated following of fans. It obviously deserved it though due to all the great reviews it has received. Game is hella fun although very difficult in my opinion.

Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
It's just the best game in the genre. Nothing to worry about. :roll:
Polybren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Polybren
Member since 2004 • 1678 Posts
The game's pretty good and deserves a bit of attention.
ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ThePRAssassin
Member since 2009 • 1344 Posts

doughb0y

There's this thing called an opinion. You should look it up, everyone has their own. It's a pretty cool thing so I definitely suggest you look it up.

Dictionary.com should be able to assist you.

ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ThePRAssassin
Member since 2009 • 1344 Posts

I don't like Bayonetta, and I don't like any games like it--never have, never will, but even I can understand that other people don't share my opinion. And besides, my opinion on it is simply based around the fact that I can't stand on rails button mashing fighting games. It's part of the reason that, after watching the Devil May Cry anime, I still couldn't get into DMC 4 no matter how hard I wanted to.

oUndauntedo

That's because DMC4 sucked. It's pretty hard to get into a terrible game, unless it's something oversimplified like Call of Duty.

Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
It's just the best game in the genre. Nothing to worry about. :roll:Hakud0ushi
Haha. A lot of people are talking about it because it's the first great game of 2010. I'm pretty sure once other great games come out, you'll hear less and less about it...
darkghost75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 darkghost75
Member since 2007 • 1584 Posts
i played the demo and wasn't impressed in the slightest, the demo didn't make me want the game...where as the dante's inferno demo made me want the game.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I haven't seen any hype on Gamespot related to Bayoneta. Sorry
ibanezdropd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 ibanezdropd
Member since 2003 • 1844 Posts

doughb0y

Why is that? Because it's actually getting good reviews?

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

Played the demo, didn't like it.

Oh, and before someone says "DON'T JUDGE A GAME BY THE DEMO!!!!111one!!!!" - That's what a demo is for.

H_U_R_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 H_U_R_D
Member since 2006 • 4006 Posts

Oh, and before someone says "DON'T JUDGE A GAME BY THE DEMO!!!!111one!!!!" - That's what a demo is for.

MadVybz

most demos for games suck

BioShock demo - blows

Red Faction Guerrilla demo - blows

Skate 2 demo - blows

all of those games i consider AAA, so do many ppl

and they arent the only ones...playing a demo is like reading the back of a book...just a sneak peak at what there is to offer

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

Not much hype behind it to be honest. It's too bad really. Bayonetta is one of the best action games I have played in years. Blows DMC4 out of the water. If anything it deserves more hype.

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#23 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

I didn't like the Dead Rising demo, and I love Dead Rising, I like the Bio Shock demo and I love Bio Shock, i liked the RE5 demo....you get the picture, my point is you can't judge the game by the demo. I didn't like the demo for this or Dante's Inferno, but they did get me in the mood for this type of game, now I'm playing DMC4 and I'm enjoying it far more than I did last time. Bayoneta looks like it has bad graphics and weird action, this will be a game I will wait for it to be cheap to buy.

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Aside from the one article from Gameinformer magazine interviewing the creater of Bayonetta, there's like zero-hype for this game. If anything it deserves more attention that it has already garnered. Let there be hype.
ninjanutta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ninjanutta
Member since 2008 • 180 Posts
bayonnetta is one of those games that has such a deep and varied combat system,it takes quite a few plays to get into the rythum and really appreciate it,also it gets better on a second playthrough and its around 20 hrs long,and not forgeting to mention the silky smooth 60fps gaming throughout which 99% of games cant even get close to and youve got one special game that has been the least hyped game for ages.not to mention the reviews that are 10s and 9.6 etc....give it a chance and be pleasantly supprised
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#27 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I haven't seen any hype in the 360 forum. I've seen some in the PS3 forum, though. Bayonetta probably isn't for everyone but, if you enjoy games like Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry, you should definitely check out Bayonetta. I might buy it tomorrow.
Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts

I don't like Bayonetta, and I don't like any games like it--never have, never will.

oUndauntedo
Wow, you must have had last pick when they were passing out avatars then?
finallyalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 finallyalex
Member since 2006 • 1277 Posts

there should be hype

the game is awesome

H_U_R_D
Couldn't put it better myself. ;-)
MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

H_U_R_D

most demos for games suck

BioShock demo - blows

Red Faction Guerrilla demo - blows

Skate 2 demo - blows

all of those games i consider AAA, so do many ppl

and they arent the only ones...playing a demo is like reading the back of a book...just a sneak peak at what there is to offer

That's funny, because those demos made me consider those games to be quite solid.

Bayonetta on the other hand, allows me to kill anything everything I want by mashing only one button. People tell me that the combat is deeper than that, but what's the point if I can beat a giant angel-boss-type thing by mashing Y?

pooyanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pooyanh
Member since 2005 • 937 Posts
This game does suck, that's for sure. But there wasn't much hype around it...fortunately. Everyone with a little self-respect should stay away from it. And before fanboys start flaming, that's just my opinion, you can have yours.
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DranzarTypeF

This game does suck, that's for sure. But there wasn't much hype around it...fortunately. Everyone with a little self-respect should stay away from it. And before fanboys start flaming, that's just my opinion, you can have yours.pooyanh
Nobody is going to flame you because anyone with common sense can see that you wrote this to get a reaction lol.

pooyanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pooyanh

[QUOTE="pooyanh"]This game does suck, that's for sure. But there wasn't much hype around it...fortunately. Everyone with a little self-respect should stay away from it. And before fanboys start flaming, that's just my opinion, you can have yours.DranzarTypeF

Nobody is going to flame you because anyone with common sense can see that you wrote this to get a reaction lol.

Seems like you have a different kind of 'common sense'. One that suggests everyone who doesn't agree with you is a troll. Way to go.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

I tried the demo and I just couldn't get into it. I'm going to give it another shot though.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DranzarTypeF

[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

[QUOTE="pooyanh"]This game does suck, that's for sure. But there wasn't much hype around it...fortunately. Everyone with a little self-respect should stay away from it. And before fanboys start flaming, that's just my opinion, you can have yours.pooyanh

Seems like you have a different kind of 'common sense'. One that suggests everyone who doesn't agree with you is a troll. Way to go.

Trolls use the word "sucks" to describe a game instead of giving specific reason why, also the way you worded the post to belittle those who like the game speaks volumes.;)

pooyanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 pooyanh

[QUOTE="pooyanh"][QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]Nobody is going to flame you because anyone with common sense can see that you wrote this to get a reaction lol.

DranzarTypeF

Trolls use the word "sucks" to describe a game instead of giving specific reason why, also the way you worded the post to belittle those who like the game speaks volumes.;)

Actually this topic was opened by someone who did NOT like the game. And you have a funny definition of the word "troll". Anybody who says a game sucks is a troll? What kind of "common sense" is that?
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DranzarTypeF

[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

[QUOTE="pooyanh"] Seems like you have a different kind of 'common sense'. One that suggests everyone who doesn't agree with you is a troll. Way to go.pooyanh

Actually this topic was opened by someone who did NOT like the game. And you have a funny definition of the word "troll". Anybody who says a game sucks is a troll? What kind of "common sense" is that?

Reread what you quoted, I believe it said "Trolls use", It doesn't say "everyone who says a game sucks is a troll ", nor did it say YOU were a troll, you taken offense and even bringing up the word "troll" in the first place when I didn't call you one is suspect.

pooyanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 pooyanh

[QUOTE="pooyanh"][QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]Trolls use the word "sucks" to describe a game instead of giving specific reason why, also the way you worded the post to belittle those who like the game speaks volumes.;)

DranzarTypeF

Reread what you quoted, I believe it said "Trolls use", It doesn't say "everyone who says a game sucks is a troll ", nor did it say YOU were a troll, you taken offense and even bringing up the word "troll" in the first place when I didn't call you one is suspect.

Ok, now I'm convinced you don't know the definition of the word troll. I forgive you.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

For some reason I don't like the protagonist. That's what I think threw me off the most.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DranzarTypeF

[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

[QUOTE="pooyanh"] Actually this topic was opened by someone who did NOT like the game. And you have a funny definition of the word "troll". Anybody who says a game sucks is a troll? What kind of "common sense" is that?pooyanh

Ok, now I'm convinced you don't know the definition of the word troll. I forgive you.

Of course you are going to discredit my intelligence when you get caught on something that is fact, which is the fact that I never called you a troll lol. What I will say is that trolls post derogative messages on the topic at hand in order to provoke or bait other posters into flaming, or reacting out of character...If you didn't think you posted something derogative you wouldn't have said "flame me if you like", you could have worded your opinion in a more constructive way.

pooyanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 pooyanh

[QUOTE="pooyanh"][QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]Reread what you quoted, I believe it said "Trolls use", It doesn't say "everyone who says a game sucks is a troll ", nor did it say YOU were a troll, you taken offense and even bringing up the word "troll" in the first place when I didn't call you one is suspect.

DranzarTypeF

Of course you are going to discredit my intelligence when you get caught on something that is fact, which is the fact that I never called you a troll lol. What I will say is that trolls post derogative messages on the topic at hand in order to provoke or bait other posters into flaming, or reacting out of character...If you didn't think you posted something derogative you wouldn't have said "flame me if you like", you could have worded your opinion in a more constructive way.

"you wrote this to get a reaction" You called me a troll right there. And I never said flame me if you like. I said do NOT flame me because of my opinion.
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DranzarTypeF

[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

[QUOTE="pooyanh"] Ok, now I'm convinced you don't know the definition of the word troll. I forgive you.pooyanh

"you wrote this to get a reaction" You called me a troll right there. And I never said flame me if you like. I said do NOT flame me because of my opinion.

How does "you wrote this to get a reaction" intertwine directly with troll ? you read what you wanted to read, you already made up your mind to defend yourself because what you posted was derogative.

pooyanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 pooyanh
Ok, now I'm convinced you don't know the definition of the word troll. I forgive you.pooyanh
narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

the hype was ok i think , bayonetta is already a symbol and much better than tomb raider and others characters for me

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 x-2tha-z
This game does suck, that's for sure. But there wasn't much hype around it...fortunately. Everyone with a little self-respect should stay away from it. And before fanboys start flaming, that's just my opinion, you can have yours.pooyanh
What are you basing your opinion on? Did you buy Bayonetta, play through the whole game then decide you didn't like it? Or have you decided the game sucks and only people with no self-respect would like it, after just playing the demo?
pooyanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 pooyanh
[QUOTE="pooyanh"]This game does suck, that's for sure. But there wasn't much hype around it...fortunately. Everyone with a little self-respect should stay away from it. And before fanboys start flaming, that's just my opinion, you can have yours.x-2tha-z
What are you basing your opinion on? Did you buy Bayonetta, play through the whole game then decide you didn't like it? Or have you decided the game sucks and only people with no self-respect would like it, after just playing the demo?

I have finished it actually. What I didn't like was the story/characters. Too cheap in my opinion. To think that people compare it to DMC series, makes me hate it even more. I mean you have characters like Vergil, Dante, Arkham, Lady, etc etc etc in DMC universe, not to mention awesome bosses, each with its own characteristics. Compare those to Bayonetta, Jeanne, Luka and the bosses which look, sound, act the same........I mean seriously, they don't even come close to cool.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 x-2tha-z
[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"][QUOTE="pooyanh"]This game does suck, that's for sure. But there wasn't much hype around it...fortunately. Everyone with a little self-respect should stay away from it. And before fanboys start flaming, that's just my opinion, you can have yours.pooyanh

I have finished it actually. What I didn't like was the story/characters. Too cheap in my opinion. To think that people compare it to DMC series, makes me hate it even more. I mean you have characters like Vergil, Dante, Arkham, Lady, etc etc etc in DMC universe, not to mention awesome bosses, each with its own characteristics. Compare those to Bayonetta, Jeanne, Luka and the bosses which look, sound, act the same........I mean seriously, they don't even come close to cool.

I don't care about character design. The important thing here is combat, IMO. As long as the combat is good, I'll be happy. I'm guessing not everyone cares as much as you do a about "cool" character design. Not to be put off by it that much that you hate the entire game and tell all the people on this forum that if they bought it and like it they have no self-respect. Don't you think that's a bit extreme? Can't you understand how that could be considered trolling and trying to create a reaction? Telling someone they have no self-respect isn't exactly the nicest thing to say and it probably won't generate a positive reaction. Anyway pooyanh, what's your gamertag? .
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Beat the demo again recently and it keeps getting better and better. I love hack-n-slash so it's a must have for me :D

sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

Game is awesome, and Kessel sucks. ;)