What's the scariest game you've ever played on the Xbox 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Crazy-Train-JB (14 posts) -

What's the scariest game you've ever played on the Xbox 360? Like one that made you jump a lot or just freaked you out haha!:) Thanks!!!

#2 Posted by Wolfman_chopper (19937 posts) -

condemned criminal origins scared the pants off me when i first played it

#3 Posted by digiramm (33 posts) -

Alan Wake. The environment, story, atmosphere, and ambience was really creepy. Once in a while the taken will jump at you from no where as well. Definitely, the creepiest game I've played since Silent Hill on the PS1

#4 Posted by xXDante666Xx (3102 posts) -

Easy. The only right answer is Dead Space.

#5 Posted by MsCortana (10563 posts) -

xXDante666Xx
This! Not that it was "scary" per se; however, it definitely makes you jump. Especially, if you are playing in the dark with great surround sound. ;)
#6 Posted by natenation87 (264 posts) -

Condemned. It has such a creepy environment. Excellent game, one of my favs.

#7 Posted by Kuroi_Ryu2948 (13 posts) -

F.E.A.R. is the only game that has made me jump

#8 Posted by gta4_2112 (3267 posts) -

I haven't played any scary games. The creepiest game I've played is probably Bioshock.

#9 Posted by Drakebunny (3029 posts) -

Creepy =/= scary, but I'll give you some for creepy though.

Dante's Inferno. At first, I wanted to stop playing like 30 minutes in, but I got used to it.

The glyphs from Assassin's Creed 2. The general atmosphere and nature of them are just creepy.

#10 Posted by nate_c-12 (3072 posts) -

Alan Wake. The environment, story, atmosphere, and ambience was really creepy. Once in a while the taken will jump at you from no where as well. Definitely, the creepiest game I've played since Silent Hill on the PS1

digiramm
One of the best games I've ever played (2 dlcs in mind) would be my personal GOTY if it weren't for Red Dead Redemption but I can't say it was ever scary. It was tense at points though.
#11 Posted by simo98088 (924 posts) -
Dead Space.. great great game, scary atmosphere..
#12 Posted by Xbox360Gamer15 (3937 posts) -

What's the scariest game you've ever played on the Xbox 360? Like one that made you jump a lot or just freaked you out haha!:) Thanks!!!

Crazy-Train-JB
some places in fallout 3 made me jump...and bioshock 2 makes me jump sometimes
#13 Posted by firefox59 (4314 posts) -
Dead Space.. great great game, scary atmosphere.. simo98088
Yeah, dead space for the setting / environment of the game
#14 Posted by zombiejonny (8277 posts) -

im gonna have to say either FEAR or condemned criminal origins. They both have moments where things just happen suddenly and you jump.

#15 Posted by JoeJoeLaker (704 posts) -
Not even close, Games aren't even scary, But FEAR2 had to be the scariest game ever. That little girl hiding in every corner, BlairWitch style.
#16 Posted by JoeJoeLaker (704 posts) -
[QUOTE="simo98088"]Dead Space.. great great game, scary atmosphere.. firefox59
Yeah, dead space for the setting / environment of the game

At first DeadSpace scared me, but never got scary. Great Great Game =]
#18 Posted by theycallmeRP (1656 posts) -

Definitely Dead Space

#19 Posted by Aspen706 (4560 posts) -
Dead Space.
#20 Posted by Solid_Tango (8609 posts) -

digiramm
I agree (console wise) but there is a game on pc called ambiense or something like that ( is a new game) thats pretty creppy too.
#21 Posted by JuggaloRandall (8213 posts) -
Never really played a scary game on the Xbox 360. I have had some pretty scary times playing Resident Evil and Silent hill on 6th gen consoles.
#22 Posted by EzekyleAbadon (1387 posts) -

Civilization Revolution, the pygmies are scary as hell.

Seriously though, although they are not scary Dead Space and Bioshock is the closest thing you get.

#23 Posted by max-Emadness (1781 posts) -

Dead space

#24 Posted by CTR360 (6851 posts) -
alan wake fear and codemned
#25 Posted by Dordledum (1732 posts) -

Dead Space and Bioshock (1!!!) both had their moments.

#26 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -
[QUOTE="xXDante666Xx"]

MsCortana
This! Not that it was "scary" per se; however, it definitely makes you jump. Especially, if you are playing in the dark with great surround sound. ;)

Yup. This. I would also recommend the Condemned series. Great games with the right amount of tension and they're only like $7-10 each.
#27 Posted by KWilTheLegend (39 posts) -
Condemned and Bioshock 1 were pretty creepy... just the atmosphere and knowing the environments. Both great games.
#28 Posted by DBIZMO (580 posts) -

I found F.E.A.R pretty scary. It kinda makes you jump in some parts of the game and I like the paranormal and psychological feel of it.

#29 Posted by nottu (951 posts) -

xXDante666Xx
Since the TC is asking for peoples opinions there is no right answer. Dead space was really tense and made me jump a few times. F.E.A.R 1&2 were pretty good, alma made me jump a couple times. The Condemned series is really good, although I didn't find them to be scary.
#30 Posted by deejaynita (284 posts) -

FEAR,DEFINITELY...

#31 Posted by MexicanNinja8 (306 posts) -

Dead Space, F.E.A.R was just another fps for me and if your scared of Alan Wake your a panzy

#32 Posted by Patrickbrown56 (887 posts) -

King Kong actually scared me/made me jump when I played it.... Yeah I went real old school.

Bioshock was probably the scariest for me though. Just the crazy people and what not, really really hard time playing through it for me. I don't enjoy being scared so I tend to avoid scary games and actually didn't even purchase/play Bioshock 2.

#33 Posted by aryoshi (1728 posts) -

xXDante666Xx
I was thinking that when I saw the thread, it was one of the scariest games I've played in quite a few years. I can't wait for part two.
#34 Posted by KABOOOM3 (404 posts) -

On 360, Metro 2033. Utter terrifying latter on in the Library.

#35 Posted by speedfog (2846 posts) -

Condemned and a bit F.E.A.R.

#36 Posted by mattg90520 (3115 posts) -
Im playing through Dead Space for the third time now to get Epic Tier 3 Engineer and it still scares the crap out of me. Scariest game, though? Hard to say
#37 Posted by MathMattS (4002 posts) -

The scariest game I've ever played on the 360 would have to be Alan Wake. That game made me wig out so bad. I was constantly jumping.

#38 Posted by InjuredStraw (151 posts) -

Hour of Victory.. scared the sh*t out of me :o

#39 Posted by vashkey (33666 posts) -
Dead Space was the only game on the 360 that ever scared me.
#40 Posted by JasonDarksavior (9325 posts) -

condemned criminal origins scared the pants off me when i first played it

Wolfman_chopper
Condemned 2 scared me more.
#41 Posted by JasonDarksavior (9325 posts) -

Hour of Victory.. scared the sh*t out of me :o

InjuredStraw
Haha!
#42 Posted by snipermannate (16 posts) -
sega superstars tennis without a doubt!
#43 Posted by Creigz (187 posts) -

I think Dead Space, but I don't get scared really. But if I had to name one it'd probably be Dead Space. It was eerie and I really liked it. But for me the fear was tension created when they started piling in at me and I'm going "oh great, what do I do now?"

#44 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

I think Dead Space, but I don't get scared really. But if I had to name one it'd probably be Dead Space. It was eerie and I really liked it. But for me the fear was tension created when they started piling in at me and I'm going "oh great, what do I do now?"

Creigz
Hahaha yup. Tension + atmosphere = "Oh sh*t, I dropped my plasma cutter"
#45 Posted by gilgilgill (17 posts) -

xXDante666Xx
im with you,but dont forget the F.E.A.R it jumped me many times :D
#46 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24218 posts) -

Dead Space was pretty cool when I played it.

Shame I don't have it on my Gamertag to prove that I did play it.