Whats the next solid rgp?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shyco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shyco
Member since 2006 • 613 Posts

Being a fan of rpgs( not japanese ones) I was wondering what rpg to get next. I've got a hunch that Dragon Age: Origins will be awsome.

Are there any other options than to wait till winter?

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#2 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

I'm looking forwardto Sacred 2.

Pretty solid game on the PC. I just want to see how they are going to port it over to the Xbox and use the Xbox controller as well.

Godfrey_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Godfrey_12
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts
Not knowing what you have already played I would suggest Fable 2 or maybe Sacred 2: Fallen Angel. Fable 2 was pretty good, but is kind of old now, and Sacred 2: Fallen Angel is to be released in may. Though, Sacred 2: Fallen Angel has a rating of 7.5 out of 10 at IGN. The one that looks good to me is Mass Effect 2, but I do not think it is coming out before winter.
shyco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shyco
Member since 2006 • 613 Posts

I've played fable 2, but I'm looking forward to mass effect 2. Played sacred on pc, didn't quite like it all that much.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
if you can wait, then mass effect 2
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
...I have no idea, FF13 probably...and I have a feeling it won't be as great as people think it will be. Not to be a downer but the same goes for Mass Effect 2. Sacred I heard the game isn't good, but I am not sure if they are gonna add stuff to the console version. Dragon Age Origins just looks completely like Neverwinter Nights 2 but upgraded so that took the thrill away from that game. I seriously have no idea.
FrAnKiE_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FrAnKiE_90
Member since 2009 • 37 Posts

the new witcher game looks good

KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 KorruptRaiden
Member since 2008 • 878 Posts

Being a fan of rpgs( not japanese ones) I was wondering what rpg to get next. I've got a hunch that Dragon Age: Origins will be awsome.

shyco
Fail, JRPG are the best and hence ff13 will be the next big rpg, other than that, mass effect 2 id say.
thedudeofrude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thedudeofrude
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Not digging Fallout 3 or anything? I'm feelin you tho, im waitin for a good RPG to come out, I cant wait for this Star Wars Old Republic MMO to come out, but that'll take forever. Bein a star wars nerd has its perks tho.
sebs3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sebs3
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts

I am a fan of RPG's both western and japanese and many other genres. A game that when I discuss with people I hear all too often not played. Dead Space offers the customization of RPGs and the growth of character through the fantastic weapon upgrade process. The exploration for power nodes (used to upgrade your weapons) reward the RPG style explorative gamer. Other than that, this is one of the most fantastic games on the Xbox and not enough people played it. If you havent played this game and are looking for an enjoyable time, TRUST me on this one and pick it up. I suggest a rental as this game can be beat in a week.

Avatar image for MasterOfSprites
MasterOfSprites

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 MasterOfSprites
Member since 2005 • 568 Posts
[QUOTE="KorruptRaiden"][QUOTE="shyco"]

Fail, JRPG are the best and hence ff13 will be the next big rpg, other than that, mass effect 2 id say.

That was not fail, Dragon Age look totally sweet. JRPG can be fun but honestly, they are for kids. lol
hwardrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 hwardrocks
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts

LOL you said rgp!!

KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KorruptRaiden
[QUOTE="MasterOfSprites"][QUOTE="KorruptRaiden"][QUOTE="shyco"]

That was not fail, Dragon Age look totally sweet. JRPG can be fun but honestly, they are for kids. lol

Actually i was not reffering to dragon age, and btw the jrpg has a more sophisticated story when compared to a western, ie final fantasy 7 and fallout 3, fallouts story was weak, and because of that it gives no desire to replay.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Mass Effect 2, Deus Ex 3.

btw the jrpg has a more sophisticated story when compared to a western

KorruptRaiden

You wouldn't be going around the forums, making far-reaching, over-generalized claims that everyone is supposed to accept just 'cause you say so, would you?

Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts

LOL you said rgp!!

hwardrocks
I noticed this as well. New genre?
MuscleCarMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#17 MuscleCarMan
Member since 2004 • 796 Posts

[QUOTE="Palantas"]

Mass Effect 2, Deus Ex 3.

[QUOTE="KorruptRaiden"]

btw the jrpg has a more sophisticated story when compared to a western

KorruptRaiden

You wouldn't be going around the forums, making far-reaching, over-generalized claims that everyone is supposed to accept just 'cause you say so, would you?

Dont start troll.

I had to say something when i saw this. You mean to tell me that FF7 had a more sophisticated story over fallout 3? Fallout 3 was about man's self destructive nature and its obsession with war. The effects of said war on the world and its people. Through this it also showed that man has an immeasurable spirit that allows the species to continue to survive no matter what conditions we are faced with. Basically where theres a will, theres a way.

Final Fantasy 7 as you brought up, was about a cliche'd band of misfits fighting mythical monsters with a giant talking dog and talking cat. All the while trying to stop a dude with a sword from finding his mom's head, who was in fact an alien. Sophisticated? Didn't cloud cross dress in that game too?

Anyway ive said my peace. Next great RPG is Mass Effect 2.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
this year star ocean white knight story next year final fantasy 13 mass effect2 the next oblivion
KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KorruptRaiden

[QUOTE="KorruptRaiden"][QUOTE="Palantas"]

MuscleCarMan

Dont start troll.

I had to say something when i saw this. You mean to tell me that FF7 had a more sophisticated story over fallout 3? Fallout 3 was about man's self destructive nature and its obsession with war. The effects of said war on the world and its people. Through this it also showed that man has an immeasurable spirit that allows the species to continue to survive no matter what conditions we are faced with. Basically where theres a will, theres a way.

Final Fantasy 7 as you brought up, was about a cliche'd band of misfits fighting mythical monsters with a giant talking dog and talking cat. All the while trying to stop a dude with a sword from finding his mom's head, who was in fact an alien. Sophisticated? Didn't cloud cross dress in that game too?

Anyway ive said my peace. Next great RPG is Mass Effect 2.

Well done, great that you did not make a single mention of the construction of each at all, thats the important part where sophistication kicks in, and is a reason to why the job of the writer exists.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Palantas

Dont start troll.

KorruptRaiden

I'll tell you the same thing I told your buddy in the KOTOR thread: If you make outlandish statements in public, expect them to be criticized. Now, are you actually going to try to defend what you said, or are you just going to call people names and throw a fit again?

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Palantas

Well done, great that you did not make a single mention of the construction of each at all, thats the important part where sophistication kicks in, and is a reason to why the job of the writer exists.

KorruptRaiden

And you have mentioned nothing, absolutely nothing. You haven't given a single example, or even tried to make your point in any way. I'm going to try and explain this, because it continues to escape you: Just because you say something on this forum doesn't make it true. We do not take everything that comes out of your brain as God's honest truth. You have to explain your conclusions. When you make far-reaching statements like, "JRPGs are more sophisticated than WRPGs," you need to explain that. "I'm a sophisticated gamer, and I know good games" doesn't cut it. (For those of you just tuning in, Raiden has said this in the past, word for word.)

EDIT: How do you define "construction"?

DPhunkT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DPhunkT
Member since 2008 • 1803 Posts
I'm personally looking forward to Sacred 2, it sucks that they keep pushing the date back. Now its a May release. As for JRPGs I find them too linear and very restrictive with character creation.
Avatar image for Heythatsmychair
Heythatsmychair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Heythatsmychair
Member since 2009 • 83 Posts

Ghostbusters :!:

gros__bill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gros__bill
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I'm looking forward to Dragon Age, Mass EFFECT 2, Dungeon Hero too but i'm not that sure... FFXIII, and that mmorpg about kotor...

Not sure about Dungeon Hero and the mmorpg of KOTOR because i see a lot of potential, but that don't mean the developers will exploited that potential... Everyone probably have a lot of game in mind that had potential but...

EinsteinNewton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#26 EinsteinNewton
Member since 2009 • 166 Posts

you know what i hate? rpg's with kids in them. drives me nuts. how can some lil punk kill monsters. bla

ME2 and FFXIII should be good. thats what im looking forward to....

Avatar image for Un4givingAsault
Un4givingAsault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 Un4givingAsault
Member since 2008 • 1053 Posts

shyco

Mass Effect 2, The Witcher..... JRPGS do suck, pure sewage

94thmp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 94thmp
Member since 2005 • 488 Posts

Not all JRPGs are terrible. The suikoden series has always had a darker more sophisticated story line, less of the kiddish bull you see in most modern JRPGs. But yeah some of them do suck.

The last one i enjoyed was Lost Odyssey but that was just good not great.

Dragon Age is probably your best bet.

94thmp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 94thmp
Member since 2005 • 488 Posts

I thought i should mention "Rise of the Argonauts"

I personally never played the game. Gamespot didn't have a lot of positives to say about the game but the user reviews are rather positive. Maybe a rental?

muhazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 muhazz
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Sacred 2, the witcher, dragon age, ... And mass effect 2, ff13
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Sacred 2 comes out soon

The Witcher rise of the white wolf

DA origins

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
I'm looking forward to The Witcher Rise of the White Wolf, and Mass Effect 2, though I think that is not due until early 2010. Sacred 2 is also worth a look, and I don't know what Blizzard's plans for Diablo 3 are, though I will be getting that on PC regardless of other platforms
kendrene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kendrene
Member since 2008 • 464 Posts

Shouldn't Alpha Protocol have rpg elements? Other than that the big titles for this year have been listed already.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Palantas

Hey its king troll, oh to answer your question 'construction' is a term used in the universe of film to describe the way the film is put together basically, simple enough? yes. For example, characterization, setting, plot, issues, themes, etc etc, both fallout3 and final fantasy 7 are quite effective in this manner but the way the characters link together, it is quite amazing, if you don't get attached to one of the characters (most likely cloud), then you have issues lol.

KorruptRaiden

Oh, well obviously it had good construction because you say so. There's no need to actually describe anything. I think your reasoning for anything involving gaming goes like this:

• I know good games, due to some God-given, innate ability.
  • I liked X game/I disliked X game.
  • Therefore, X game is either good or bad.

It's like you're shocked that anyone would even question your opinion. It's obvious and correct to you, so it should be obvious and correct to everyone else on the planet.

I asked you what you meant by "construction" and you say "how it's put together." I was hoping for something a little more specific. In regards to the post you criticized, this one:

Fallout 3 was about man's self destructive nature and its obsession with war. The effects of said war on the world and its people. Through this it also showed that man has an immeasurable spirit that allows the species to continue to survive no matter what conditions we are faced with. Basically where theres a will, theres a way.

MuscleCarMan

So, that didn't mention any themes or issues present in a game? Do you even care if your posts make sense? On the same page of a thread, you'll post blatant contradictions, and then you get mad and start calling people names if they point them out.