What would you rather have in the Xbox One?

#1 Edited by tendoboy1984 (156 posts) -

1) Removable internal hard drive?

2) USB hard drive support?

#2 Posted by bowchicka07 (1075 posts) -

One that can play 360 and original Xbox games. Why is that too much to ask?

#3 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6082 posts) -

@bowchicka07 said:

That'd make me buy one in a second.

#4 Edited by Venom951 (373 posts) -

There's talk of it cause 343i want people to catch up on the Halo series for new comers that are gonna get Halo 5 . So if it does happen thank 343.

#5 Posted by adders99 (2610 posts) -

yeah I want something atleast that enables us to have extra storage space! But I also want the ability to play my older games now more than ever! I a massive library of 360 games and dont want to plug my 360 back in to play them.

#6 Posted by BattleSpectre (6120 posts) -

Out of those two options the removable/upgradable internal hard drive.

#7 Edited by SolidTy (43238 posts) -

@tendoboy1984 said:

1) Removable internal hard drive

A removable Internal HDD.

It's nice to have both options, but I don't want external solutions dangling in my entertainment center. M$ already got me with a Kinect dangling that I don't use, and I got all the other machines to deal with this gen and last, and an expensive sound system with 9 speakers to deal with.

I'll take a removable HDD everytime.

#8 Edited by SolidTy (43238 posts) -
@Venom951 said:

There's talk of it cause 343i want people to catch up on the Halo series for new comers that are gonna get Halo 5 . So if it does happen thank 343.

The OP mentions two different things.

When you say, there's talk of it...what do you mean? There's talk of what? An internal HDD option?

#9 Posted by sukraj (22768 posts) -

Upgradeable hard drive.

#10 Edited by a55a55inx (4186 posts) -

MS should have made the HDD removable....because I don't understand how you wouldn't be able to offer both options if you made it easy to remove. They did it with the xbox 360.

#11 Posted by a55a55inx (4186 posts) -

MS should have made the HDD removable....because I don't understand how you wouldn't be able to offer both options if you made it easy to remove. They did it with the xbox 360.

@bowchicka07 said:

I personally think that MS should have invested in emulating the xbox 360 (because the lack of backwards compatibility is what's keeping many of my friends and family from purchasing a new console). I'm guessing that the architecture of the XB1 is so different that it would cost too much to emulate the games.

#12 Posted by xhawk27 (7314 posts) -

I think the reason for not making an internal harrdrive is because the case would be too hard to open and close.

#13 Edited by xhawk27 (7314 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@tendoboy1984 said:

It's nice to have both options, but I don't want external solutions dangling in my entertainment center. M$ already got me with a Kinect dangling that I don't use, and I got all the other machines to deal with this gen and last, and an expensive sound system with 9 speakers to deal with.

Use a small cable and put the external HDD on top of the Xbox One on the glossy side. Problem solved.

#14 Edited by SolidTy (43238 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@SolidTy said:

@tendoboy1984 said:

Use a small cable and put the external HDD on top of the Xbox One on the glossy side. Problem solved.

No, that's not a problem solved as that not only scratches the glossy side, it also looks terrible. It also may add to heat and longevity problems of the Xbone or the HDD. That is exactly the problem I want to avoid and I don't like things dangling out like a Kinect and HDD from the already HUGE Xbone.

I don't like the look of boxes with cords connected to a bigger box. That post doesn't solve anything. I have the machine and I know what I'm talking about.

If I can avoid it, I don't want anything dangling out of my machines this generation for a nice and clean look in my living-room. I have other machines to also deal with in the livingroom (Xbone, 360, Wii U, Wii, PS3, PS4). It also doesn't solve that Kinect already dangling from the Xbone that I find useless. Last gen I had things dangling out of my 360 like an HDD, memory cards, and HD-DVD player. I got rid of those to get a clean look in my living-room when company comes to visit.

I want the livingroom setup to look CLEAN. I even hide cords behind the TV. My speakers all have hidden wires. It's all about a CLEAN look. All you did was tell me to plug it in anyways and put a small HDD box on top of the larger, bulky Xbone. That doesn't look clean. I have certain aesthetics values that you don't share. There is nothing wrong with that once you realize we live very different lifestyles.

This is a hypothetical question on what we would rather have. We were given TWO options. I simply answered the question and gave my reason why.

I noticed you didn't answer the question. I also remember you don't own an Xbone. When you buy an Xbone you may feel differently. I guess it depends on who you live with, how many machines you OWN, what kind of company you invite in your home, and the shape of your entertainment center.

#15 Edited by AZIZ-100 (10 posts) -

I CHOOSE 1) , AND A NEW DEVELOPERS FOR THE SYSTEM ,

#16 Edited by xhawk27 (7314 posts) -

I would like to have the option of having both a removable hard drive and external USB hard drive support. ;)

Because the internal HDD is going to run out of space in time and then what are you going to do. The PS4 is never going to allow external HDD support so I think external support is better.

#17 Posted by a55a55inx (4186 posts) -

Technically, the HDD is removable. By the time the entire HDD is filled, it's likely that the warranty would already be up, and you can open the XB1 up and replace it. (I did it with the original Xbox) It's more of a hassle, but if the extra clutter really bothers you, it's still an option.

#18 Edited by ObxChillin (116 posts) -

For it to play games as easy and good as the ps4

#19 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2960 posts) -

I don't like the idea of having to open my Xbox One, so I prefer the external option....I have more than enough space, I keep my consoles free of surrounding clutter so another external device is not a big deal for me.

#20 Edited by bowchicka07 (1075 posts) -

Less update and internet dependent as well. Not so shifted towards digital and downloading entire games.

#21 Posted by Venom951 (373 posts) -

I just want more games and backwards compatibility .

#22 Edited by vl4d_l3nin (970 posts) -

Those options seem one in the same =\

#23 Posted by Russ32233 (9 posts) -

to do something about the hard drive, I only have 4 games and it is already at 30%. I'm already starting to rethink having it instead of the PS4

#24 Posted by brimmul777 (1215 posts) -

A much better dashboard for starters.

#25 Posted by ps2forever (580 posts) -

What I would want is a better UI, I'm not a big fan of the kinect. Also the ability to play xbox 360 games, and cross chat with people on 360.

#26 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1768 posts) -

Its too weak, I can seriously tell the difference even on ea sports games, it doesn't look as crisp.

#27 Edited by FadeToBlack90 (489 posts) -

@a55a55inx:

@a55a55inx said:

@bowchicka07 said:

I personally think that MS should have invested in emulating the xbox 360 (because the lack of backwards compatibility is what's keeping many of my friends and family from purchasing a new console). I'm guessing that the architecture of the XB1 is so different that it would cost too much to emulate the games.

Yeah, the architecture between the 2 is completely different. You either have to have hardware that can emulate, use resources on software that does it in the OS, or what is probably going to end up happening, is streaming original xbox and xbox 360 content.

I don't see the big deal, though. I still own my 360, and it's plugged in right next to my xone. It's not like it eats up tons of space, power, etc.

#28 Posted by nitrozor (2 posts) -

A Russian prostitute.