What was/is the best racing game on the Xbox360? Which is your favorite?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -
What is considered the best racing game on the Xbox360? Which racing game is your favorite? I have played a few racing games on the Xbox360. The ones that I have played are Forza Horizon, Forza 4, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Need for Speed The Run, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Ridge Racer Unbounded, Ridge Racer 6, Test Drive Unlimited, Blur, and PGR 3. I really like Forza Horizon, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, and Need for Speed The Run out of all those. My favorite one of those is Forza Horizon, and the most fun online was Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.
#2 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -
Anything by Codemasters will do.
#3 Posted by sukraj (22108 posts) -

PGR

#4 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70554 posts) -

Forza 4 and Horizon are my favorites

#5 Posted by -Snooze- (7304 posts) -

Forza 3 and PGR 3 were incredible games

#6 Posted by nyc05 (10177 posts) -

Project Gotham Racing 4 is my favorite racing game on Xbox 360.

#7 Edited by doubalfa (6808 posts) -

For me it is Forza 3, everything about it was impressive, and I loved the presentation.

#8 Posted by firefox59 (4357 posts) -

NFS Hot Pursuit easily

#9 Edited by destinhpark (4700 posts) -

Really loved Burnout Paradise. And the original Need for Speed: Most Wanted (the launch title) was a blast.

#10 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70554 posts) -

NFS Hot Pursuit easily

i could never get in to that game sadly, i just didn't like it :?

#11 Edited by firefox59 (4357 posts) -

@firefox59 said:

NFS Hot Pursuit easily

Forza Horizon would definitely be my #2. Hot Pursuit though, I've never played a racing game that gave you a better since of speed. The open world and tracks were great too. I felt Horizon's over racing area, even though it fit into the idea of a racing festival, was relatively underwhelming.

#12 Edited by Alucard_Prime (2728 posts) -

I played many of the games you listed OP, I really enjoyed the Dirt and Forza series. My favorite would have to be Forza Horizon, I felt it struck the perfect balance between simulation and arcade style racing, and I really enjoyed the Colorado landscape, I was starting to get tired racing the same race tracks over and over with Forza 2-4. It'll be interesting to see how Forza 5 maintains my interest.

#13 Posted by Yagr_Zero (27831 posts) -

I was really surprised by how well done Forza Horizon was. I have to say that, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Burnout Paradise, and Blur are my favorite racing games on the 360.

#14 Posted by MathMattS (4002 posts) -

My favorite racing game on the 360 has been Forza 4. I can't wait for Forza 5 on the XOne.

#15 Edited by The_Last_Ride (70554 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@firefox59 said:

NFS Hot Pursuit easily

Forza Horizon would definitely be my #2. Hot Pursuit though, I've never played a racing game that gave you a better since of speed. The open world and tracks were great too. I felt Horizon's over racing area, even though it fit into the idea of a racing festival, was relatively underwhelming.

i just felt Horizon was better in that aspect and i just couldn't get into Hot Pursuit for some reason.

#16 Posted by sukraj (22108 posts) -

And Forza

#17 Posted by huerito323 (1372 posts) -

Forza 4 and Test Drive Unlimited 2.

#18 Edited by sukraj (22108 posts) -

Forza 4 and Horizon are my favorites

I forgot about Forza

#19 Posted by Blueresident87 (5336 posts) -

I'd have to say Horizon, or Forza 4

#20 Posted by Revixe06 (1021 posts) -

Out of the very few racing games I've played, Midnight Club: Los Angeles is still my favorite. Love the series. I just couldn't ever get into Forza.

#21 Edited by marcheegsr (2513 posts) -

Need for speed most wanted 2006.

#22 Posted by superclocked (5823 posts) -

The last racing game that I bought for the 360 was Forza 3. Great game...

#23 Posted by ankor77 (940 posts) -

Forza horizon, forza 4 then pgr3. I played the crap out of pgr3 online when it launched

#24 Posted by littlestreakier (2902 posts) -

NFSMW (2005), PGR 3, PGR 4

#25 Posted by hahamanin (510 posts) -

Pgr 4 played that game a lot on my 360....hope we get to see pgr 5 on xbox one

#27 Posted by brimmul777 (1129 posts) -

Does Trials:Evolution count.I know it does not really count as a racing game,but it is my favorite game that comes even close to racing.If that does'nt count,I'll go with Forza:Horizon.

#28 Edited by RitsukoBlue (28 posts) -

Hands down! Forza 4!!!

#29 Posted by marinevetstl (115 posts) -

I love Forza 2 and 3

#30 Posted by twistmibile123 (11 posts) -

I like to play many racing games on my XBox360 but my favorite one is:

Need for Speed as it is the best racing game which I can play at all platforms.

#31 Posted by Sparky04 (3384 posts) -

Burnout Paradise, the sense of speed is just incredible, I popped it in the Xbox the other week thinking I would probably get bored quickly and I wasted like two hours just speeding around the city. I'm still hoping that Criterion makes a next gen Burnout game.

#32 Edited by immortality20 (7957 posts) -

My personal favourite is Burnout Revenge. Played that game for dozens of hours, but didn't like Paradise at all. I felt Burnout excelled in a closed course environment personally.

Other great titles are Stuntman: Ignition, Forza Horizon, NFS: Undercover and Driver: SF.

#33 Posted by x-2tha-z (8896 posts) -

My favourite is PGR3. I don't play a lot of racers. I find racing games to be too stressful.

#34 Posted by enz2 (1689 posts) -

Import Tuner Challenge. Sadly it's the last game for the tokyo xtreme racer series :(