What's the next RPG coming to X1?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

We need a nice long fat juicy RPG, sorry dragon age doesnt cut it for me.

whats the next one?

jdfan56k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jdfan56k
Member since 2015 • 118 Posts

We just need another Jade Empire and we'll be good.

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3  Edited By Trinitarian
Member since 2007 • 1407 Posts

@mikehockbourns: witcher 3 should do it. Coming out in a few months.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Yep, Witcher 3 is your best bet.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Definitely The Witcher. Unless you count the Dark Souls 2 collection, or maybe Final Fantasy Type 0. (But who cares about Type-0)

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

The witcher 3 dark souls 2

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Yeah Witcher 3 probably fits your description best. Don't know if you are a fan of old-school RPGs, but if you are, there is a cool little 16 bit type rpg now available that's called Pier Solar:The Great Architects. It certainly does not fit the description provided in the OP, but it is out now and it is a cool little rpg remenicent of the old days. It was released a few years back on the Sega Genesis if I'm not mistaken, and was released on Xbox One a few months ago. The battles remind me of the old Final Fantasy games.

ranbir_flame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 ranbir_flame
Member since 2006 • 415 Posts

@jdfan56k said:

We just need another Jade Empire and we'll be good.

Agreed

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

They should be making Fable in the same way the older ones where instead of some new direction. Bad move for what could be a great X1 action rpg exclusive.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56026 Posts

I'm assuming TC was talking about Xbox One exclusive RPG, so with that, Fable Legends is coming to Xbox One this year (date subject to change) and it's the next RPG exclusive as far as I know. Fable Legends.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#11 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Fable games and Jade Empire never really did it for me in terms of RPGs on the XBox. Their RPG showings have been mediocre, but then, most developers make mediocre RPGs anymore.

jdfan56k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jdfan56k
Member since 2015 • 118 Posts

I think Fable started to fade after the third. I would kill for another Jade Empire. Any reason why there isn't another one? I thought it sold pretty well.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BattleSpectre

@juboner said:

They should be making Fable in the same way the older ones where instead of some new direction. Bad move for what could be a great X1 action rpg exclusive.

I agree 100%. I was so excited when they announced a new Fable game until I saw what direction they were taking. Don't fix what's not broken, all they had to do was improve on the formula and we were onto a winner. I loved all previous Fable games and sadly, I won't be buying this one unless a miracle happens.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

@BattleSpectre: Yeah just another reason I'm still waiting to choose a ps4 or X1, I still dont see what direction each company is going with their games.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BattleSpectre

@juboner said:

@BattleSpectre: Yeah just another reason I'm still waiting to choose a ps4 or X1, I still dont see what direction each company is going with their games.

Yeah I bought both my PS4 and XB1 at launch, and honestly I do regret it. I've only had a handful of games to play and nothing has amazed me as of yet. Waiting in my opinion is the best thing to do as you can also get better deals down the road, more games etc. I think waiting 1 year is the sweet spot, 2015 is looking mighty fine for these systems. I think when this year ends it'll help people make up their minds on what system to buy.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56026 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@juboner said:

Yeah I bought both my PS4 and XB1 at launch, and honestly I do regret it. I've only had a handful of games to play and nothing has amazed me as of yet. Waiting in my opinion is the best thing to do as you can also get better deals down the road, more games etc. I think waiting 1 year is the sweet spot, 2015 is looking mighty fine for these systems. I think when this year ends it'll help people make up their minds on what system to buy.

I got my PS4 at launch and I knew what I was going to play so I was cool with my punches. I just got my COD AW Xbox One bundle edition last November when it was $50 price cut and it was well worth the wait. Both machines are great and looking forward what they have to offer at E3 2015.

Roadkill135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Roadkill135
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Final Fantasy Type zero followed by Final Fantasy 15 at some stage. i cant wait :D

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

witcher 3

Avatar image for deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
deactivated-5938196c2bbcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
Member since 2013 • 344 Posts

How about Mistwalker gets their act together and release an another Lost Odyssey-type RPG to Xbox One? That certainly would be interesting...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#20 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
@BattleSpectre said:

@juboner said:

I agree 100%. I was so excited when they announced a new Fable game until I saw what direction they were taking. Don't fix what's not broken, all they had to do was improve on the formula and we were onto a winner. I loved all previous Fable games and sadly, I won't be buying this one unless a miracle happens.

On the one hand I agree, because I think the whole concept of choosing your own path of goodness, evil or neutrality is really the basis of Fable. And I also, personally, feel like there was never really enough done with those games. Aren't all of them pretty short? I've heard people say they've beaten the first Fable in a day. I think a lot could probably be done with Fable, or something similar, if the right people were developing it.

That said, I tried to get into Fable 1 and 2 before and wasn't able to. I still think there's kind of a charm about the games, there's something I still like about them.

So I'm kind of actually looking forward to a Fable game that does something different, and doesn't simply follow the same formula as the first two games did. Because if it did, I imagine it would probably leave me feeling the same way I felt whenever I tried to play the first two games and couldn't get into them.

@jdfan56k said:

I think Fable started to fade after the third. I would kill for another Jade Empire. Any reason why there isn't another one? I thought it sold pretty well.

Weren't there only 3 Fable games so far? And the remake, I guess. Or are there others, too?

@mikehockbourns said:

We need a nice long fat juicy RPG, sorry dragon age doesnt cut it for me.

whats the next one?

I just gotta ask, why doesn't Dragon Age cut it for you?

I'll admit, I'm not into Inquisition as much as I was Origins, but I'd still say it's the best RPG option on the system right now.

The Witcher 3 and Final Fantasy Type-O could be good. But idk, unfortunately XBox still doesn't have much in the way of RPGs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
deactivated-5938196c2bbcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5938196c2bbcb
Member since 2013 • 344 Posts

Hopefully something in the vein of Lost Odyssey...

z471

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#22 z471
Member since 2015 • 33 Posts

Bloodborne.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@z471 said:

Bloodborne.

LOL, no he said RPG, not a cheap hit marker game thats only accurate 5% of the time.

coolheaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 coolheaded
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I don't know about rest of you but tom Clancy division can not come fast enough! That's the RPG I am waiting for.

Rasdorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#25 Rasdorx
Member since 2014 • 498 Posts

@coolheaded: Yea really looking forward to it hoping it won't be another destiny.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

@BattleSpectre: is best bro