What location would you want to see the next Elder Scrolls game in?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Je3vez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Je3vez
Member since 2011 • 104 Posts

Just as morrowind was in morrowind, oblivion was in cyrodil and skyrim was in, well skyrim.

What area of Tamriel would you want TES6 set in?

For me probably Hammerfell or Elsweyr. I just think that a desert area (Hammerfell) would be great because I didn't really like the location of Skyrim

The tropical province of Elsweyr could be good as well, as a change from the medieval englad type places that have been in the previous games. :)

Map of Tamriel

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Perhaps a game that doesn't take place on Tamriel at all? I'm not an expert on Elder Scrolls lore but I do believe there are other continents in the world the Elder Scrolls takes place in, so maybe the game could occur on one of those.

Avatar image for Cyanide4Suicid3
Cyanide4Suicid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cyanide4Suicid3
Member since 2012 • 733 Posts
Id like to go to the Summerset Isle
FeiYenKen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FeiYenKen
Member since 2010 • 247 Posts

new york

FlamingFartz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 FlamingFartz
Member since 2009 • 32 Posts

Summerset Isle sounds pretty cool to me. A lot of people were speculating that TES 5 was going to be in the Summerset Isle's so I'd like to see them do it in the future.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

return to Morrowind

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

Elsweyr. Then Khajiit can be the most prevalent race for a change, it'll be nice looking too.

More importantly I'd like the next Elder Scrolls to have actual f*cking depth and not be incredibly buggy.

Subtle_Ninja_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Subtle_Ninja_X
Member since 2012 • 36 Posts
I would have to say Valenwood, it really sounds like my type of environment to play in. It would be a little less... Snowy. My second choice would be Summerset Isle, it just sounds exotic and there would be cool creatures there!
Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#9 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

The next game should be set on the seas alone.. diving to discover underwater cities ect

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#10 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Elsweyr or return to Morrowind

Pippin_Took89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pippin_Took89
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I think the Black Marsh would be fun, trapsing round in some swamps and stuff :D
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
Winterfell or King's Landing.. oh wait, wrong Game.
BeatMastaFlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BeatMastaFlex
Member since 2011 • 75 Posts

i wouldnt mind if it was back in cyrodiil. i loved the the forests and the imperial city.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts
New Jersey
Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#15 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

Perhaps Yorkshire

SilentKhajit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SilentKhajit
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Valenwood, somewhere...green. I loved Skyrim but it would be nice to see different scenery. But I'd stay in Skyrim if they could focus on the Dwemer...we never see them, only ruins and artifacts and history. I'd love to see how their culture was and how they interacted with the Falmer, and know why they disappeared.
Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

I would have to say Valenwood, it really sounds like my type of environment to play in. It would be a little less... Snowy. My second choice would be Summerset Isle, it just sounds exotic and there would be cool creatures there!Subtle_Ninja_X

Yeah, definitely Summerset Isle.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

New York or Vancouver

Avatar image for Explosive_Bagel
Explosive_Bagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Explosive_Bagel
Member since 2012 • 153 Posts
Hammerfell I guess.
PurpleSmile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 PurpleSmile
Member since 2010 • 1068 Posts
Morrowind or Hammerfell or in Los Angeles. lol :lol: But srsly, I want to see a new Fall Out more than a new Elder Scroll
Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

Compton

jeffkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jeffkaos
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I agree that the jungles of Elsweyr( or Blackmarsh) would be an awsome setting and a nice change of pace from the usual "Midevil Europe" setting that's the default setting for all fantasy games. I wouldn't mind a return trip to Morrowind for the same reason.
Hate_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Hate_Squad
Member since 2007 • 1357 Posts

if the online succeeds there may not be another single player elder scrolls game,and if there is one it will be an afterthought,the mmo will be much more profitable.if it doesnt,there is hope

mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts

Zimbabwe

JoeGamer1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JoeGamer1234
Member since 2013 • 68 Posts
TES:O covers Tamriel and all nine of it's provinces. This will be the second iteration of each province in Tamriel so I think it's time we venture elsewhere on Nim to see what it has to offer.
Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts
North-Korea must be the next location
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Elsweyr

Elder Scrolls: Thundercats Revenge

gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

Elsweyr

Elder Scrolls: Thundercats Revenge

Ilovegames1992

brb, going to make Lion-O in Skyrim.

HK_Rider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HK_Rider
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Mount Everest:D

zombehhhhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 zombehhhhh
Member since 2011 • 456 Posts

I haven't played most of the other Elder Scrolls games, but I've heard Morrowind was awesome so I'd say that. I'm looking forward to Elder Scrolls Online to see how they remade all the old places.

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 136

User Lists: 1

#32 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

We already had an Elder Scrolls game set in Hammerfall. I would prefer if the next TES took place in Elswer (or however you spell it) or the Black Marsh. It would definitely provide a change in scenery from the more traditional medival settings and it would finally put an emphasize on the anthropomorphic races.

albinobison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33 albinobison
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

What I would like to see from the next Elder Scrolls...

- Location -

It's probably just a matter of time before TES expands across the seas to other lands of Nirn but I think Tamriel still has room for at least one more game. I don't care if The Elder Scrolls Online will cover all of Tamriel cause I'm not going to play it.

I honestly don't see the appeal of the next game taking place in Black Marsh, Elswyr, or the Summerset Isles. I know a lot of people are wanting Elswyr or Summerset Isles, but why? Having only played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim, each of these games is set is a specific province of Tamriel. This has a tendency to make players want to create a character that is native to the province they are playing in (Morrowind - Dunmer, Oblivion - Imperial, Skyrim - Nord). Maybe you do that maybe you don't. Either way the games react to your race and it makes it that much more believable. Personally, I don't want to play as an Argonian (unless they look more like Raptors in the next game), a Khajiit, or Altmer. I understand that I would have a multitude of races to choose from but I don't even find those regions to be that interesting.

Valenwood certainly sounds interesting, with massive moving trees, etc. And I certainly think there is plenty of room for creativity from the developers as far as creating environments/crafting story. But in all honesty I really want to see Hammerfell. It has the potential to be very familiar yet very fresh at the same time. Skyrim was a great environment and harbored an aesthetic that was heavily reminiscent of old-school dungeon games, very archaic, very legendary. Furthermore, Skyrim was a rigid, harsh landscape, an inhospitable entity, in a way. That's what made the Nords that much more hardcore. From what we know Hammerfell is a vast desert region sprinkled with mountains. Skyrim's opposite and twin at the same time: Hammerfell's hot and sandy, Skyrim is cold and snowing, but both are inhabited by a hearty race that endures and makes a living regardless. This could make for an extremely new aesthetic in the series. The closest any previous game has come to deserts is Morrowind, but that's a whole different beast in itself. Just say the name, "Hammerfell." For those who said it, you know it has an epic ring to it.

And I know a lot of people will say Hammerfell is smaller than Skyrim so they would need to add in High Rock in order to succeed Skyrim. Have you seen the map? Hammerfell is at least equal in area to, if not larger than, Skyrim. Furthermore, Skyrim's province is considerably smaller than its predecessor game's province (Cyrodiil). But I'm not opposed to having a game cover 2 provinces.

- Races -

Personally, I don't want any new races added to the lineup. I think there is a good amount of diversity already in that area. Unless of course the game ends up taking place somewhere other than Tamriel, then sure, it's up in the air.

- Prisoner -

Saying that the next Elder Scrolls game should not start off with your character being held as a prisoner (in some form or another) is like saying the next Zelda game's playable character should be someone besides Link. Starting out as a prisoner is part of your identity, it's the Elder Scrolls trademark. There are so many possibilities that come with this to serve as the game's grand opening and our introduction to the new land and story.

- Immersion/Variety (Believability) -

I know this is highly unlikely for multiple reasons but what I've been craving in the games is to see a realistic city in terms of size and diversity. Think about how large Whiterun is, population...50? Maybe? A truly developed civilization equipped with encompassing walls, a city guard, etc. should have more than 50 or so people living there. Not just for the sake of having more people, but because there is a need for all the different merchants/services/etc. Carpenters, architects, millers, fletchers, thatchers, masons, multiple smiths (blacksmith, bladesmith, armorer, locksmith, goldsmith, etc.), weavers, winesellers, so on and so forth. Realistically there should be hundreds of citizens per city if it is major city for varying reasons (located on a major trade route, port city, capital, etc.). Again, I know it's a high hope, but it's still my hope.

Another reason why a larger population great is large-scale battles. My favorite part of Skyrim was playing as a Stormcloak, driving out the Imperials one fort at a time. I'm all for being the lone hero, the one person who can save the world...but being a part of a battle where you're surrounded by enemies and comrades, everyone's moving, everyone's shouting, soldiers falling left and right, it's so energizing. My bloodlust level skyrockets and I wish the game had more big battle sequences.

A variety of different body types would also aid in this area. Surely not every dude in Tamriel has a 6-pack. Surely not every chick in Tamriel has D-Cups and an hourglass figure. Furthermore, surely not every child is the exact same age. Keep the kids, but add diversity. Add diversity to all the people.

Another aspect that increases immersion for me is variety in terms of weapons and armor. Remember in Skyrim how sometimes you'd find a set of Steel armor with pauldrons (shoulder plates), then you'd find a set withOUT pauldrons? That tiny bit of variation is excellent. But it can be taken a step further. No two smiths from different cities (or even the same city) are going to make an identical suit of armor. Little variations, modifications, etc. gives our characters more customization. Say you had four different versions of the same armor set. They can all have the same stats, but appearance-wise there is something unique about each and players can search for their favorite variation. Then apply the same concept to weapons. So many choices, so many treasures to find!

While on the subject of weapons, first and foremost...bring spears back. Spears, halberds, lances, flails/chain maces, throwing axes, etc. More weapon variety gives players so much to explore.

- Capes/Cloaks -

We have hoods in Oblivion/Skyrim, but who wears just a hood? The Nightingale armor has a sweet half cape. This can be expanded on. And it doesn't need to be attached to armor. Make them a standalone piece of apparel. Talking about variations earlier, you could have a cape, or a hooded cape, or a half-cape, a hooded half-cape, with/without a mask (also like in the Nightingale armor). Invent new garments of clothing native to the province.

- Pets/Mounts -

I've personally never been a fan of pets/mounts in TES, not even followers. But the option to have them is cool. It all ties into the immersion factor. The horses were too clunky for me to use them, but I loved how it fit the aesthetic of the game. If they had a smoother mechanic (similar to horses in Assassin's Creed) I think it would fit wonderfully - Even more so if the game takes place in Hammerfell/High Rock. Imagine the elegant desert steeds striding across the baron wasteland! Perhaps add a new beast to mount, like a Dewback (Star Wars), or a desert version of a Taun Taun!

- Gold -

It would be nice to have some mega expensive things to save up for other than training/houses. That's all I can say on that subject. Surpise me.

- Dragons -

Supposedly a lot of people think the dragons in Skyrim was the best thing that happened to them ever. I don't understand the hype but I don't want dragons to play such a major role in the story again. It would be neat to meet Paarthurnax again maybe, or hunt down a notorious dragon that's been terrorizing a specific region as a part of a miscellaneous quest, but not as part of full fledged theme in the game.

- Dwemer -

I understand that I am probably well in the minority here but I could do without any more Dwemer. I've read that some people want the race to make a comeback and play as a Dwemer, but I don't really see that happening, nor the appeal of it. I understand that according to lore Dwemer were established all over Tamriel but maybe we can tone down the amount of ruins and make way for more Ayleids...

- Story -

I'm not going to say what I want the story to be because Bethesda has done a pretty fine job on their own thus far, and I want to be surprised when I play through it. But I will say what I don't want.

Skyrim was an excellent execution of a game. Lots to do, lots to explore, learn, etc. As I said earlier though, my favorite part was the civil war quest line. Not slaying dragons and being the dragonborn. Dragons are cool but it seems like every other fantasy franchise has dragons in some form or another. Granted Bethesda put its own unique twist on the scaly fiends, but they were still dragons. Fire-breathing, winged beasts that are virtually invincible. My character just so happens to be the first dragonborn in ages, right when dragons just so happen to reappear in Tamriel? That's convenient, okay I'll go eliminate that threat for you but I REALLY want to kick some Imperial butt instead. Why? Maybe because the empire is a joke, being puppeted by the ever-so-hateable Thalmor, who are trying to tell me that I can't worship my patron deity Talos. Why is this an awesome set up? My first experience in the game is nearly being executed by Imperials based on no charges whatsoever. That gives me a distaste of the Empire right off the bat. This struggle for power between a native people and a religiously/politically oppressive Aldmeri Dominion is beautiful. I can be a part of something so much larger than myself, yet I can have a massive influence of the direction the war takes. It's so much more motivating to me.

What was even cooler about the civil war is that you could pick sides. Sides that are neither 100% good or 100% evil. Each is doing what's right in its own eyes, but both have obvious flaws. Moral gray areas have so much potential.

I'm not saying that TES:6 should be a continuation of Skyrim's civil war because each game should be independent story-wise. There are plenty of scenarios that the writers can come up with, and if they take place in Hammerfell there's tons of room for fresh ideas. The story doesn't always have to be a giant world-breaking magical catastrophe (Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind). Some of the best stories unfold between political corruption and an underdog's thirst for justice. As is characteristic of TES you can still involve a prophecy in a story like that.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

How about Hell ? That way the amosphere and gameplay is just will match ! :D

ObxChillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ObxChillin
Member since 2012 • 180 Posts

I miss cyrodiil just looking at the map is bringing back wonderful memories of Elder Scrolls IV, and that lovely music. damn i miss that game.

Evdne971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Evdne971
Member since 2012 • 341 Posts

Imagine having a playable intro of you being an orphan taken to an Oblivion plain (not all plains look the same) to be raised as an evil General as a mortal given the gift of immortality, and mentioning him retreating from the battle of Kavatch, and his encounter with Dovakin and all other heroes from past games ,eventually not able to have what it takes to have a heart of stone due to not being a Dreoma or Demon, who's hearts are destined and naturally evil.

Hundreds of years later defecting against your Deadric prince after refusing to execute a human from the regular world, escaping with the human back to the regular world. It would be so cool to experience a very very very very dark side to the game!!!!!!!!!! Tell me what you think!!!

SynysterXVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By SynysterXVII
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I would love to go the Elven homelands, Summerset Isle.