What is the easiest song to get 5 gold stars on in Rock Band 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by linktheworld (679 posts) -

Also, do you have to be on expert to get the gold stars or can you get them on hard?

So it your opinion what is the easiest song to do it on for guitar or bass?

#2 Posted by -SPECTER-MIKE (576 posts) -

It depends on how good you are, but I would say that "Float On" by Moddest Mouse on the bass with 100% on expert will get you gold. Also you have to activate the star power at the right time. I hope this helps.

Also the note chart on this song is really easy, you can also get the achievement for only upstruming on the bass.

#3 Posted by linktheworld (679 posts) -
ok cool what others songs can you get it on?
#4 Posted by kev14721 (258 posts) -
Nine in the Afternoon is pretty easy to gold star as well
#5 Posted by linktheworld (679 posts) -
Can you do it on hard or does it have to be expert?
#6 Posted by Telaphone (647 posts) -
Silver by The Pixies. It's DLC but very easy.
#7 Posted by kev14721 (258 posts) -
its easier to gold star a song on expert
#8 Posted by RTTV989 (259 posts) -
The easiest song to gold star is So Watcha Want on bass. Same note the hole time. I have got 100% on float on and did not get 5 gold stars.
#9 Posted by barilli71 (1261 posts) -
I play Rock Band quite a bit myself, but I have no idea what it means to get gold stars on a song. I know for a fact I haven't done this myself as I believe there is an achievement for it, & I know I don't have it yet
#10 Posted by kev14721 (258 posts) -
a gold star is usually about 1.5x the 5* score
#11 Posted by San-Frodenzo (14337 posts) -

easiest song actually doing something or do you just wanna get it for doing 4 drum hits?

Nirvana - Polly. on expert drums = 2 drum hits every 30 seconds, 4 times = gold achievement, 100% drums

#12 Posted by San-Frodenzo (14337 posts) -

easiest song actually doing something or do you just wanna get it for doing 4 drum hits?

Nirvana - Polly. on expert drums = 2 drum hits every 30 seconds, 4 times = gold achievement, 100% drums

San-Frodenzo

Oh, I didnt read "guitar/bass" LOL

#13 Posted by To_Ashes (549 posts) -
[QUOTE="San-Frodenzo"]

San-Frodenzo

Oh, I didnt read "guitar/bass" LOL

Actually, Polly can only be three starred on Drums... Due to the lack of notes... Since I last tried it...
#14 Posted by WildHalo (108 posts) -
the free download "Charlene im right behind you" is about 90 seconds long and really ez. I got gold stars on xpert drums but give xpert bass a try
#15 Posted by PlasmaBeam44 (9052 posts) -
Charlene I'm Right Behind You. It's a free download, it's extremely short, and it's easy on Expert with all the instruments.
#16 Posted by Large_Soda (8611 posts) -

the free download "Charlene im right behind you" is about 90 seconds long and really ez. I got gold stars on xpert drums but give xpert bass a tryWildHalo

I agree, Charlene is without question the easiest song to get perfect on for drums, guitar and bass. For singing I would recommend So Watcha Want.

#17 Posted by PlasmaBeam44 (9052 posts) -

[QUOTE="WildHalo"]the free download "Charlene im right behind you" is about 90 seconds long and really ez. I got gold stars on xpert drums but give xpert bass a tryLarge_Soda

I agree, Charlene is without question the easiest song to get perfect on for drums, guitar and bass. For singing I would recommend So Watcha Want.

Polly by Nirvana is the easiest for Drums on Expert. You literally only play 4 notes on the drums in the entire song.

#18 Posted by Large_Soda (8611 posts) -
[QUOTE="Large_Soda"]

[QUOTE="WildHalo"]the free download "Charlene im right behind you" is about 90 seconds long and really ez. I got gold stars on xpert drums but give xpert bass a tryPlasmaBeam44

Polly by Nirvana is the easiest for Drums on Expert. You literally only play 4 notes on the drums in the entire song.

Yeah, but you gotta pay for it.

#19 Posted by raahsnavj (4887 posts) -
I have never seen a gold star when playing on hard. The easiest song... "That's what you get" by Paramore using bass. Just make sure to kick off your star power right before all the notes of the chorus.
#20 Posted by Blackhawk692 (1306 posts) -
you have to be on expert to get a gold star, ya and Charlene is by far the easiest
#21 Posted by mohfrontline (5678 posts) -
the beastie boys song on easy. The entire song is the green button. No joke