What Is The Best Xbox 360 Headset

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by earnhardtfan77 (1808 posts) -
what headset do you think is the best
#2 Posted by Caprellid (249 posts) -

yeah i am also planning to get one too...anyone got good suggestions...also would buying a key chat type thing be better or no?

#3 Posted by xmen1414 (1948 posts) -
Me 3!!! THanks for the help!
#4 Posted by Smoke89 (3575 posts) -
I use the astro gaming A40 which is, to put it simply, nothing short of amazing.
#5 Posted by tgh93_29 (1483 posts) -
I use the astro gaming A40 which is, to put it simply, nothing short of amazing. Smoke89
Great set I agree, I personally recommend This one  It is the cheapest and most comfortable for its quality
#6 Posted by wagepeace (885 posts) -
i just use the one that came with my PRO.. its about a year old, though..and im starting to get static from (what i think are) connection issues. :/
#7 Posted by earnhardtfan77 (1808 posts) -

anyone else have any suggestions

#8 Posted by jks22112 (2395 posts) -
The black plantronics one is the same price as the standard xbox one, and I find it to be much better. Plus it hasn't broke like my 2 other xbox ones have.
#9 Posted by OfficialBed (16849 posts) -
i'm happy with the wired headset that came with my 360
#10 Posted by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -
I use the wired headset that came with my console and it works fine. I also have an adaptor to allow me to plug my PC headphones and mic into the controller, but it's a bit clumsy.
#11 Posted by Alizerothree (1043 posts) -
Any recommendations for wireless headsets?
#12 Posted by GreenCoffin72 (1 posts) -
Are you guys kidding? The A40 from Astro costs as much as an Xbox itself. I don't know about you but I'm not going to shell out over 200 bones for a pair of stinking headphones. I am going to try Skull Candy. Their regular headphones are sick, plus they have mulitmedia stuff for under a hundred.
#13 Posted by IxP4ULxI (1 posts) -
i have the turtal beach x3 its a bit xpensive but absolute amazin if you can get a deal trust me take it
#14 Posted by nickdastick (5286 posts) -

The one I own is amazing! It's the Turtle Beach Ear Force X3 headset. It's $99 so it's not cheap but it's not as expensive as other ones. The sound is incredible on it and I have no issues hearing the game and talking to people on Xbox Live.

#15 Posted by livelong25 (1 posts) -
I use the Turtle Beach X4 its pretty expensive but worth every penny or you can find a god deal on Ebay.
#16 Posted by shawn7324 (8681 posts) -

I prefer the Plantronics X30.

#17 Posted by Kcdragon8116 (1300 posts) -

I like the one that came with my console. I see nothing wrong with it.

#18 Posted by atm0073 (3069 posts) -

This is the one I use, and it's of pretty exceptional quality. There are obviously much better ones available, but for this one's price to quality ratio, it's a very good buy.

#19 Posted by JasonDarksavior (9323 posts) -

I would guess the official MS one, but I could be wrong.

#20 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36991 posts) -
turtle beach all the way, pretty much all their 360 headsets are great, expensive but great
#21 Posted by X12-GENERAL (7 posts) -
i agree i hear turtle beach is the best
#22 Posted by war3ag13 (74 posts) -
I recommend turtle beaches because you can use game sound and voice sound in the same headset. It also makes you better at shooters and such because you can hear what's behind/beside you more than with TV speakers. I used to have the X1s but they broke after extensive use so I upgraded to X3s and love them. They work great.
#23 Posted by mrunnstoppable (1 posts) -
do all the turtle beach's have the in game sound? im looking at the x1' just because i am unemployed and cant afford the other versions.
#24 Posted by GODWEARSBLACK (1 posts) -
I HAVE THE TURTLE BEACH X4 AND I HAVE PRE ORDER IN FOR THE NEW TURTLE BEACH X41 THEY ARE 7.1 DOLBY DIGITAL SURROUND SOUND IN A HEADSET WITH CHAT BOOST AND MANY EXTRAS I LOVE MY X4'S AND I CANT WAIT TO GET MY NEW X41'S 08/25/09
#25 Posted by Sassy-Cc (176 posts) -

I got my turtle beach headset for 59.99 at bestbuy ~ Now it is the wired one but it works great ~ I love having the game audio and voice in the headset & it is very comfortable (which is difficult for me to find since I have a small head & it very adjustable) ~ The sound quality is prettty good and it helps on shooters you know which way the sound is coming from the left or right ;)

#26 Posted by srdjan311 (1247 posts) -

i'm happy with the wired headset that came with my 360OfficialBed
same here.

#27 Posted by badlalo59 (901 posts) -

This is the one I use, and it's of pretty exceptional quality. There are obviously much better ones available, but for this one's price to quality ratio, it's a very good buy.

atm0073

Same here...shoot only $60 too.

#28 Posted by Lewis_654 (1 posts) -
My mates have got Turtle Beach x31s or turtle Beach x41s. They say they are amazing. If money isn't an issue i would recommend getting the x41s cos they have surround sound and everything. My mate says on COD WAW when he is playing SND on Castle he can hear them moving at spawn from his spawn. He has the x41s. I'm ordering my pair tonight, it gonna be gooood.
#29 Posted by seancollins1987 (253 posts) -
X1's are best bang for buck only 30 bucks but still great sound quality.
#30 Posted by LakeFPownsu (1143 posts) -

I use the official xbox wireless one. It works well and syncs up with the xbox easily.

#31 Posted by Ellimem (571 posts) -
I got the Turtle Beach X41s. They are saaweeet. Get the X31s if you want to save some cash. Almost as good.
#32 Posted by BaconB1ts123 (1294 posts) -
I HAVE THE TURTLE BEACH X4 AND I HAVE PRE ORDER IN FOR THE NEW TURTLE BEACH X41 THEY ARE 7.1 DOLBY DIGITAL SURROUND SOUND IN A HEADSET WITH CHAT BOOST AND MANY EXTRAS I LOVE MY X4'S AND I CANT WAIT TO GET MY NEW X41'S 08/25/09 GODWEARSBLACK
I just got the x41. I was looking to get the x4's but came across the x41's so got those. I love them so far. I like that they have a pass through for the optical cable so you can still have it hooked to the stereo during the day when you are paying with others or just watching movies. You can plug any headset into the front jack too and get the 7.1 so that is cool. (and works great). They are super comfortable and light. Yes $199 Canadian is bit much but you cant get a receiver (7.1) for that price let alone all the speakers.
#33 Posted by ChuckNorris069 (14 posts) -
Just bought a Plantronics X30 on ebay for $20. I've been debating on what to get for awhile now and I just could'nt justify paying $100-200+ for a headset. Both the microsoft wired and wireless units got horrible reviews, however the X30 got better than average reviews. So for the price I feel the X30 will meet my needs. I'll post my thoughts on it after I use it for anyone else looking for a affordable solution.
#34 Posted by IIIRUSHIII (91 posts) -
Turtle Beach X31 by far the most amazing headset ive owned, no cords, no disturbing others during late night gaming sessions, and their super light! Nothing short of amazing imo
#35 Posted by RobboElRobbo (13668 posts) -

The absolute BEST is the Astro A40's. Another good choice is the Turtle Beach X4's.

#36 Posted by RobboElRobbo (13668 posts) -
[QUOTE="IIIRUSHIII"]Turtle Beach X31 by far the most amazing headset ive owned, no cords, no disturbing others during late night gaming sessions, and their super light! Nothing short of amazing imo

Other than the mic crapped out 3 days after buying it.

#37 Posted by TomHarris11 (6 posts) -
so whats the best one to buy around 40- 50$$??
#38 Posted by chelseaman99 (229 posts) -

I just use the normal wired headset. I don't really see much point in buying another headset, for about £35.

#39 Posted by MercifulKiller (499 posts) -
I just use the one I got with my elite, it works just fine for me. I am the kind of person that does not need the best of best head phones to be happy.
#40 Posted by halfbottle (104 posts) -

these:

www.amazon.co.uk/Tritton-Digital-Certified-Surround-Headset/dp/B000FP0K78

#41 Posted by tomrocks666 (3569 posts) -

i bought the wireless microsoft one. and i dont see anything wrong with it.