What happened to the free stuff on XBOX LIve new Dashboard?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 1

#1 XCyberForceX
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts

It's been approx two weeks now and I'm completely convinced a sutle change is over taking the new dashboard.

1. There used to be several connections to groups that made video reviews, for example sentuamessage. Were they moved and I just can't find it or just dropped? The only thing I see now is IGN. IGN seems to be the only reviwer and to view their stuff you first have to watch a dog-gone commercial!
  2. Advertisements are the new electronic pest. Like cockaroaches, when you log onto XBOX LIve they're all over the place.
  3. If the number of advertisements are increasing then so is XBOX's money. Can't they then introduce a free online game for its users for putting up with this maddness ... something like 1 vs 100!!

What are your thoughts on this?

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
ya the other reviewing group(forgot name) got dropped for ign. 2 call and complain. it's only way it's going change 3 xbox don't care about paying members. they just gave away 2 free games and 1 month gold to any silver account.
jrabbit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#3 jrabbit99
Member since 2007 • 2836 Posts
as long as people are willing to pay for gold they will keep doing it. its annoying but they money they make from it outweighs the money they lose from dropped subscriptions
brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts

It's been approx two weeks now and I'm completely convinced a sutle change is over taking the new dashboard.

1. There used to be several connections to groups that made video reviews, for example sentuamessage. Were they moved and I just can't find it or just dropped? The only thing I see now is IGN. IGN seems to be the only reviwer and to view their stuff you first have to watch a dog-gone commercial!
  2. Advertisements are the new electronic pest. Like cockaroaches, when you log onto XBOX LIve they're all over the place.
  3. If the number of advertisements are increasing then so is XBOX's money. Can't they then introduce a free online game for its users for putting up with this maddness ... something like 1 vs 100!!

What are your thoughts on this?

XCyberForceX

1. They still have videos they just arent easy to access & arent on the main page anymore. The way they have it set up now you cannot tell which videos are new or old. Now all the videos all just jumbled together. I stopped watching these videos after MS butchered the dashboard.

It was way easier to access, & know which videos are new, old, & have or havent watched.

2. yea it seems like the whole purpose of the Dashboard update was too increase advertising awareness & dictate all your system stuff to small little icons on the side. Complete Bullsh!t on Microsfts part.

3. Microsoft makes enough money on advertisesments to pay for the entire XBL network. The Gold subscriptions we pay are probably pure profit for Microsoft.

XBL could sustaint itself as a free to use & play network, MS just chooses to be a basterd & make us pay anyways.