This topic is locked from further discussion.

ladiedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ladiedro
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

so while i was cleaning i tiped over a cup of water that only had like a sip left and when i noticed alil got on my xbox so i wiped it off then turned it on to see if any damage was done since it was only alil. but the console light turnned red and the cord light was orange, i unpluged everything to blow dried it for awhile and then i plugged it back up the console light turned green but then off n now the cord is orange n the console has no light on but when i push the button they still make a sound, so do i let it relax for awhile? or can i return it since i just got it for xmas or can i pay someone who can fix it? what do i do? can i put it in rice? or what? help

MortisPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 MortisPenguin
Member since 2014 • 172 Posts

Did you buy any kind of warranty for it?

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

if it's new then it's most likely still under warranty... they will charge you if they find out it was damaged by water.

I would have personally taken it apart to make sure it was completely dry before ever trying to turn it back on. the rice trick would have helped if you did not want to take it apart. it may be too late for that now that you tried to power it on, but you could still try it.

for future reference if you ever get any electronics wet never turn them on and if they are on unplug them IMMEDIATELY and you may save them... if you had not turned the thing on, and made sure all water was dried out before turning it back on, then it would probably still be fine. water doesn't hurt electronics unless it's present at the same time power is going through it.