Well... My account just got suspended... BUT WHY!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xRmRxfreakBOMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 xRmRxfreakBOMB
Member since 2007 • 621 Posts

All over the weekend I have been playing Gears of War 2 online because of the x22 exp that has been going on. Because of that, I got to level 99 in Gears. So I take a good break and decide to log back in to finish it off and finally get to level 100. But then I log in to find a window telling me that I have been suspended from xbox live until further notice. I have no idea why I would even get banned. I don't cheat, hack, cuss people out, or any of that stupid crap. I play the game as it was intended and have fun doing so. I just want to know why I got banned, but can't figure it out since xbox live service won't send me an email as to saying why I was banned. Is there any other way of figuring out why I was banned?

Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts
I'd try calling 1-800-4MYXBOX so to see if they can offer you any additional informtion. I've read posts on here where people called MS and found out what they had been banned for.
xRmRxfreakBOMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 xRmRxfreakBOMB
Member since 2007 • 621 Posts
I'd try calling 1-800-4MYXBOX so to see if they can offer you any additional informtion. I've read posts on here where people called MS and found out what they had been banned for. Eddie5vs1
Alright I'll try that out. Hopefully I can get my account back asap...
lKoRuPT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 lKoRuPT
Member since 2005 • 264 Posts

Check your bio - if you have anything there that can be taken out of context, that is probably the reason. You probably beat some guy in Gears and he filed a complaint or something. This is why I leave my bio completely blank.

Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts
Alright I'll try that out. Hopefully I can get my account back asap... xRmRxfreakBOMB
If you do find out, make sure to post the reason. :D
booomer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 booomer69
Member since 2005 • 4107 Posts

calling wont help. Ive had this happen to me about 4 times,i was so pissed i was suspended for like a month and a half and i didnt do jack

Avatar image for ChristopherRage
ChristopherRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 ChristopherRage
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts
Were you boosting with other players in Gears 2 or were you playing straight up? They will suspend people for boosting.getyeryayasout
Wha? No they don't. People boost all the time.
ChristopherRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ChristopherRage
I have never heard of a person getting suspended for boosting. I don't see how it would violate any part of Microsofts ToS. I could be wrong.
bobomb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 bobomb64
Member since 2005 • 737 Posts
I could be wrong.ChristopherRage
lmao :D , i have to say that i also have never known people to get banned for this. Although I have heard of ranks being reset.
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

[QUOTE="ChristopherRage"][QUOTE="getyeryayasout"]Were you boosting with other players in Gears 2 or were you playing straight up? They will suspend people for boosting.getyeryayasout
Wha? No they don't. People boost all the time.

People do boost all the time, and people do get suspended for boosting.

They don't suspend people for boosting.. if they did the top people would constantly be suspended.

Money

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Money
Member since 2002 • 53 Posts

If you ever listen to the Major Nelson podcast, the head of Xbox live Security (dont know his exact title) Stepto has said numerous times that people wont get banned for boosting. Only for cheating and hacking to cheat.

ChristopherRage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ChristopherRage
I stand corrected, I'd swear it was in the ToS though. Sorry for any misinformation.getyeryayasout
No problems, I could have just as easily been mistaken.
Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Stevo7991
Member since 2010 • 1319 Posts

All over the weekend I have been playing Gears of War 2 online because of the x22 exp that has been going on. Because of that, I got to level 99 in Gears. So I take a good break and decide to log back in to finish it off and finally get to level 100. But then I log in to find a window telling me that I have been suspended from xbox live until further notice. I have no idea why I would even get banned. I don't cheat, hack, cuss people out, or any of that stupid crap. I play the game as it was intended and have fun doing so. I just want to know why I got banned, but can't figure it out since xbox live service won't send me an email as to saying why I was banned. Is there any other way of figuring out why I was banned?

xRmRxfreakBOMB

Its the players you play online with, although you don't cheat,hack or cause trouble in the game, people might've been thinking that you cheat ingame due to your experience. I'm telling you, theres to many kids online doing all sorts of stupid crap. Your just gonna have to contact xbox customer support or whatever.

Lord.... Kids these days....