Well apparently I can't join the Mage's Guild?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

playwithfire17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 playwithfire17
Member since 2006 • 770 Posts
Well I've been playing Oblivion and am head of 3 of the 4 guilds, but it turns out because of an apparent glitch in the game I cannot join the Mage's guild. I have all the recommendations except the Cheydinhal one, where I'm supposed to go down into the well and take a ring off a dead body, but when I go down the well there's nothing there. I searched a bit on the internet and apparently there is a glitch where, if you go into the well, then leave for 3 days, when you come back the body will be gone, and you can't get the ring. Apparently there's a patch, but is that available on live? I downloaded an update for the game already and that didn't fix it...
fattony75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 fattony75
Member since 2004 • 443 Posts

Well the bodies in Oblivion (the game not the areas in the game) do disappear after awhile so I guess it is possible for that quest to get screwed up if you don't do it soon after recieving it.... I would try reloading a game from earlier and seeing if  you can get to the well in time to see the body, and do the quest. Other than that however I cannot imagine a way to fix it or get the quest again. I have not heard of any patch on xbox live to fix it. Sorry dude. Good Luck with the quest.

-FatTony

playwithfire17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 playwithfire17
Member since 2006 • 770 Posts
Well that won't really work because going down into the well the first time was something I did about 10 hours into the game, which was about 50 hours ago... This sucks lol.