Was'nt there supposed to be a big update for the Xbox One.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#1 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Like the topic say's.When does it happen?Anyone know?????????

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@brimmul777 said:

Like the topic say's.When does it happen?Anyone know?????????

I am part of the beta. We got an update to it yesterday with the notice that it is very close to being ready to go out to all users.

Since the controllers need updating via USB cable to use the chat adapter and that is only possible on the new OS release, I would guess that it will be out before Friday (as that is when stores are allowed to sell the chat adapter..my local store has them but not allowed to sell them until the 7th)

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

Did a smaller update roll out last week after the previous filter removal update? My games seem to look a lot more crisp as if anti aliasing was enhanced.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@draign said:

Did a smaller update roll out last week after the previous filter removal update? My games seem to look a lot more crisp as if anti aliasing was enhanced.

are you on the beta? If not, then no updates since the filter removal have went out

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I heard speculation that the update would come out today... it would make sense given they usually hit on Tuesdays, and they would want at least a week of lead-time in case it was messed up so they could fix it in time for their big Titanfall release.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 brimmul777

@donalbane: I too have heard it will come out on Tuesday,March 4th for all users.

TrenchfootTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TrenchfootTZ
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Why have I paid top dollar for xbox for it to be in the "beta stage" whilst now you can get it with a better game for a hell of a lot cheaper? Honestly? I can't party up with my friends(which is the reason I bought the xbox none) and when I contact xbox support I'm told "update is sometime in march"? Is the best you can do for someone who has been a customer for 8+ years! I have a sore bottom... Thank you microshaft!

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#8 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@trenchfoottz said:

Why have I paid top dollar for xbox for it to be in the "beta stage" whilst now you can get it with a better game for a hell of a lot cheaper? Honestly? I can't party up with my friends(which is the reason I bought the xbox none) and when I contact xbox support I'm told "update is sometime in march"? Is the best you can do for someone who has been a customer for 8+ years! I have a sore bottom... Thank you microshaft!

buying something early on don't get you best price... waiting does, and that goes for every single product in the world...

this "beta" is an update in testing. it's for select amount of people, and they agree to do it. Then once it's all good MS will update everyone system,

not hard to understand...

@brimmul777 said:

@donalbane: I too have heard it will come out on Tuesday,March 4th for all users.

think i heard next week but there is no official date

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Got the last February update, but no update yet for March. Can't wait because I want to buy the Microsoft Stereo headset and use it with the adapter.

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DarthGumballs
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

Anyone know how large the udpate is? I'm away from home for a few weeks and am on limited internet unfortunately.

Joseph881

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Joseph881
Member since 2004 • 1184 Posts

http://majornelson.com/2014/03/04/xbox-one-march-system-update-rolling-out-today/

It did end up releasing, just really late in that day/early today. If the Offline updates are the same as the one in Instant-On mode, it's 1.3GB.

TrenchfootTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TrenchfootTZ
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

For the people that chose to have beta? What are you on about? I was playing the 360 up until Xmas and that was fine regarding party chat, dashboard etc then this overpriced piece of junk can't even do party chat! And if you're lucky to be able to get into parties, it takes forever to join going from one screen to the other. Now don't give me that tripe about "that's why they are doing the beta to fix it" it should of been working from day one then no need for beta and no need to not be able to join party for 2 weeks! I'm a console gamer, if I wanted a PC I would have got one! Is that hard to understand my friend? Once again everybody... THANK YOU MICROSHAFT!!!

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DarthGumballs

Has anyone tried downloading an update and installing it via USB? Is that 6.2.10698.0 file the current update? I'm at the library downloading it now, but is that update method going to risk any of the data on my hard drive? Because I have over 250gb of installed and downloaded games and won't be able to get it all back until I go back home in a few weeks if I lose any data.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

Has anyone received their update?

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 brimmul777

@draign said:

I have gotten a update around 2:00am last night,but not a big one.Not much to the new update,just a few differences.Maybe a bigger one later in the week,we'll see.

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DarthGumballs

@brimmul777 said:

@draign said:

I have gotten a update around 2:00am last night,but not a big one.Not much to the new update,just a few differences.Maybe a bigger one later in the week,we'll see.

I'm pretty sure that was the 'big' update.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 brimmul777

@darthgumballs said:

@brimmul777 said:

@draign said:

You can't be serious,there was hardly nothing to that update.:(

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DarthGumballs

@brimmul777 said:

@darthgumballs said:

@brimmul777 said:

@draign said:

You can't be serious,there was hardly nothing to that update.:(

What were you expecting? They laid out the plan for everything that was being updated, and all of those changes have been made (though the Twitch app is getting an update on the 11th to enable broadcasting).