Was Going to Get a 360 but failures stop me

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skeitch22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 skeitch22
Member since 2007 • 50 Posts

If i get a 360 will it just keep breaking down over and over again ..........is it really worth it, but i really do want one.

Hobbies230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Hobbies230
Member since 2005 • 1025 Posts
They do not constantly break, get one.
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JDW_games
Member since 2006 • 1892 Posts
I was in the same boat as you for awhile, but if there were that many breaking now, Microsoft would start going under. I think they have fixed most of the problems plus they have the extended warranty. If you aren't planning on getting one for a couple more months like me I think we will be ok.
shorty0100397

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 shorty0100397
Member since 2003 • 242 Posts
It will only break if your stupid enough to block the heat from coming out of the back. And besides you have a 3 year warrenty and by that time something new will be out
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
It will only break if your stupid enough to block the heat from coming out of the back. And besides you have a 3 year warrenty and by that time something new will be outshorty0100397

It has nothing to do with being stupid, they break sometimes for no reason. I used to think that way too, I took all the precautions, but it broke after 5 and a half months.
shorty0100397

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shorty0100397
you got a dud then. Treat it like **** and u'll pay the price
pigonthewing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 pigonthewing
Member since 2003 • 380 Posts

Mine broke as well. Also took exceptional care of it and it and still broke. But the 360 is still the best system out there ps3 doesnt have a single game im interested in even remotely.

Shorty alot of people are having there xboxs break and they are doing nothing wrong. Its a problem with the system not the person, if this is fixed yet or not I dont know. Though there are alot of retards out there to who break them.

Halo2Marine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Halo2Marine
Member since 2004 • 167 Posts

Don't listen to all this nonsense about people's console breaking unreasonably. The fact of the matter is these people play the 360 for days on end and are the kind of people that have left their 360 on just so they could keep playing custom games in the Halo 3 Beta. I have had my console for a year and have had no problems whatsoever. I even put the Nyko Intercooler on it, which is supposed to hurt the console(BULL) I have also dismantled my console and put a custom case on it(Blach with Chameleon LEDs)

If you want one go ahead and get one.

Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts

you got a dud then. Treat it like **** and u'll pay the priceshorty0100397

How you treat the 360 has little to do with whether or not it will break down. MS has admitted there is a design flaw with the system, so even if you worship the machine there is a chance that it could break down on you.

But to answer the TC, since MS did extend the warranty to 3 years to ceover the design issue, you chould just go ahead & get one. There's a lot of fantastic games on the system & if it breaks down you can just send it in & get it repaired & have it back within 2 weeks.

Halo2Marine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Halo2Marine
Member since 2004 • 167 Posts

So if I throw my 360 off of the cabinet when I get mad that is going to have little effect on if it will break or not, or if I leave it on 24/7.

Think before you speak, or you'll wind up sounding like that^^ guy.

Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts

So if I throw my 360 off of the cabinet when I get mad that is going to have little effect on if it will break or not, or if I leave it on 24/7.

Think before you speak, or you'll wind up sounding like that^^ guy.

Halo2Marine

Stop exaggerating so much. Obviously if soeone does something like that it's going to be an issue. We're talking about normal use/wear & tear here.

pigonthewing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pigonthewing

[QUOTE="shorty0100397"]you got a dud then. Treat it like **** and u'll pay the priceColoradoKindBud

How you treat the 360 has little to do with whether or not it will break down. MS has admitted there is a design flaw with the system, so even if you worship the machine there is a chance that it could break down on you.

But to answer the TC, since MS did extend the warranty to 3 years to ceover the design issue, you chould just go ahead & get one. There's a lot of fantastic games on the system & if it breaks down you can just send it in & get it repaired & have it back within 2 weeks.

Agreed. Whether you only play for 3 hours a week it may still break on ya but if it does you can live for 2 to 3 weeks to get a new one. Right now you will hear horror stories of the time it takes but thats because the warranty was just set to 3 years so lots of people were sending them in. But its normally 2 to 3 weeks which really isnt that bad. Plus chances are you wont have to do that.

skeitch22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 skeitch22
i know that these failures are not ALL the owners faults , that would just be rediculous
LostWonder926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LostWonder926
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I was in the same boat as you for awhile, but if there were that many breaking now, Microsoft would start going under. I think they have fixed most of the problems plus they have the extended warranty. If you aren't planning on getting one for a couple more months like me I think we will be ok. JDW_games

Actually Microsoft is losing alot of money because of the defects. Microsft shares are even falling. Anyway I was faced with the same dilemma (wanted to get one back in June) but decided it's just not worth it...right now that is. I mean $400 is alot to pay for a system and to pay that much for a system that might break down is waste. Also the warranty doesn't fix the problem because most people send it in multiple times (shoudn't they have fixed it the first time?!). Personally I'd want a system that doesn't have such a high chance of failing. Especially considering that it was stated that every Xbox 360 is defected. Instead I'm waiting till the problem is fixed which should be when 360s get the Falcon chips sometime in the fall but I'm hoping sooner. I know some of my stores had 360s recalled. Maybe it's to replace them with the Falcon chip models?? Well I'm just gonna wait till the 360s with the Falcon chip because as the saying goes "Good things comes to those that wait..."
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

If i get a 360 will it just keep breaking down over and over again ..........is it really worth it, but i really do want one.

skeitch22

If you really want one get one. Will it break down? Probably, but by the time it does you'll be so fond of the games that it wont even matter. Besides M$ has your back.

anobleloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 anobleloss
Member since 2005 • 757 Posts

They do not constantly break, get one.Hobbies230

thats what im saying, your gonna be missing out on 8 great games this year buddy

ZX88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ZX88
Member since 2003 • 99 Posts
ive had mine for about two years and never had a problem it really only froze like 2 times and that was because the disc had finger prints all over it. if you take care of it it will last. and if it doesnt o well get a new one from microsoft.
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

Personally I'd want a system that doesn't have such a high chance of failing. Especially considering that it was stated that every Xbox 360 is defected. Instead I'm waiting till the problem is fixed which should be when 360s get the Falcon chips sometime in the fall but I'm hoping sooner. I know some of my stores had 360s recalled. Maybe it's to replace them with the Falcon chip models?? Well I'm just gonna wait till the 360s with the Falcon chip because as the saying goes "Good things comes to those that wait..."LostWonder926

You sound like a ps3 owner. Anyway while your waiting around for the other shoe to drop you could be enjoying great games in the interim. Unless you can predict which xbox on the shelf is gonna be the one that's gonna break you really shouldnt worry about it. If it happens it happens but what if it doesnt?

p.s. $400 is not a lot to pay for a console. $600 is though.

Spartan874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Spartan874
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts
if thats your only reason not to get one then its not a problem anymore because MS just raised the warranty to 3 years. GET ONE!
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#20 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

meh, im still on my launch console..

Avatar image for MASTERCHIEFUSMA
MASTERCHIEFUSMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 MASTERCHIEFUSMA
Member since 2003 • 229 Posts

Did you know that Microsoft Recently spent 1Billion Dollars to extend warranties on all xbox 360's? So I wouldnt worry about the failures, cause Microsoft actually cares about their customers and they are making an effort to fix the problem (Unlike some other companies *Cough* Sony)

Trust me its worth the money, ive had mine since launch and it has not broken yet.

skeitch22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 skeitch22
thanks for the advice dudes....I WILL GET ONE
pigonthewing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 pigonthewing

thanks for the advice dudes....I WILL GET ONEskeitch22

See ya in rainbow 6 vegas then! lol. Get that game btw lol.

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts

only breaks if people dont treat it correctly

-WOR-Chief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -WOR-Chief
Member since 2006 • 75 Posts
i'm sick of people complaining about their xbox crashing!!!!!! I have had mine almost a year and i have had no problems!!! It's only the original 360s that were messed up! other than that, people are just stupid to block the fans on their console and then it fails!
Avatar image for AllSystemsRocks
AllSystemsRocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AllSystemsRocks
Member since 2005 • 1079 Posts

skeitch22

my 1st 360 last me from november 17th 2005 to march 2007

my 2nd last me from march 2007 to july 24th 2007

my 3rd I'm waiting to send my 2nd 360 back for a refurbish one to microsoft !!!!

donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts

I had the same fear, that's why I waited so long to get mine. Wouldn't you know it, the first time I plugged mine in it didn't work. You can probly guess I was thrilled.

I did get over it and got an Elite on launch day and no problems at all with it. Yet.

SparkPlug69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SparkPlug69
Member since 2003 • 261 Posts
GET IT. Seriously, the xbox 360 is the best gaming console I have ever played...and I have played a lot of systems. The games are incredible and I have already pre-ordered 5 games this fall and I had to leave some off this year....that just doesn't happen. I have had my problem-free 360 for overa year now.
shorty0100397

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 shorty0100397

Hence why you may have a dud. Not all of them are nacked

[QUOTE="shorty0100397"]you got a dud then. Treat it like **** and u'll pay the priceColoradoKindBud

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Just get one dude. You get a good one or a bad one. 50/50 chance.
LostWonder926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LostWonder926

[QUOTE="LostWonder926"] Personally I'd want a system that doesn't have such a high chance of failing. Especially considering that it was stated that every Xbox 360 is defected. Instead I'm waiting till the problem is fixed which should be when 360s get the Falcon chips sometime in the fall but I'm hoping sooner. I know some of my stores had 360s recalled. Maybe it's to replace them with the Falcon chip models?? Well I'm just gonna wait till the 360s with the Falcon chip because as the saying goes "Good things comes to those that wait..."MentatAssassin

You sound like a ps3 owner. Anyway while your waiting around for the other shoe to drop you could be enjoying great games in the interim. Unless you can predict which xbox on the shelf is gonna be the one that's gonna break you really shouldnt worry about it. If it happens it happens but what if it doesnt?

p.s. $400 is not a lot to pay for a console. $600 is though.

I'm not a PS3 owner nor do I yet own a 360. Simply because I disagree with purchasing a 360 now makes me a PS3 owner? Great assumption! Now I understand why there's tension between Xbox/Playstation owners. 
Anyways I'm the kind of person that doesn't really like to take chances when the odds are not in my favor. Sure there might be great games coming out that I might miss but what's so bad about not getting it the date it comes out? The Falcon chip is coming out fall so even if some games were missed it wouldn't be far from the release dates. Personally I'd rather wait and be able to play those games without worrying about getting the red rings rather than to play a game I was really looking forward to and the system fails on me. 
TM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TM1
Member since 2004 • 7249 Posts

It will only break if your stupid enough to block the heat from coming out of the back. And besides you have a 3 year warrenty and by that time something new will be outshorty0100397

Ok it has nothing to do with being stupid, my 360 ran for just under a year, very well taken care of and out of nowhere got the three red lights. There are flaws with the system, simple as that.

pathogenb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pathogenb
Member since 2003 • 796 Posts
the video went out on my 360 a year after launch. meh, it happens. MS replaced it for free, so it wasn't so bad. i bought a new PS3 from a coworker last year (she couldn't sell it on ebay- too many were out there) and it died within a week (and there were no air flow issues- it was just a lemon). PS3 #2 wouldn't play DVD's or Blu-Ray right out of the box. #3 seems to be ok. it happens. just go buy one.....
pathogenb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pathogenb
Member since 2003 • 796 Posts

[QUOTE="shorty0100397"]It will only break if your stupid enough to block the heat from coming out of the back. And besides you have a 3 year warrenty and by that time something new will be outTM1

Ok it has nothing to do with being stupid, my 360 ran for just under a year, very well taken care of and out of nowhere got the three red lights. There are flaws with the system, simple as that.

same here. no red ring of death. the video just went bye-bye.
steelerman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 steelerman1
Member since 2005 • 655 Posts
i have a launch day 360 in fact it was the only one the store i got it from had on the first day (FYE) and i have played it every day since except for a day or two,the only problem i ever had with it was when i put an intercooler on it,it shut off,after i took the the intercooler off i have not had a problem since,just don't play it like 10 hours straight or something,the most i play mine is like 3 hours than i let it cool down,so yes get one just take care of it and don't overuse it,heat kills anything electric
demondragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 demondragon55
Member since 2006 • 71 Posts

The X-Box is a great system. Good games and M$ added the 3 year 'take care of you' plan. I haven't any probs. that I couldn't fix. (It froze like 3 times, but it was cuz I was playin' it all day.) If you don't buy one, that's fine. If you do, that's good, too. If you want to buy one and are unsure about it not working, don't worry about it and get one. Peace.

Drag

JustHawkeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JustHawkeye
i used to own an xbox 360 but it died on me after about a year and 3 months so i traded it in and got a PS3 but that was before the extended 3 year warrenty. which microsoft failed to tell us about, when it came out of no where, be warned 360 owners microsoft doesn't give a rats ass about its consumers and try to steal you out of your money on microsoft points, and im no advocate for PS3 with the lack of games and all im just spreading the word about the **** microsoft service.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

OK. I've never had a problem with mine, but it's your money.

Failure rate is a bit high, but it has the best warranty in the business, lol.

marvster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 marvster21
Member since 2004 • 500 Posts
i just got my 360 today but when i tried to play the disk tray wouldnt open.... sure im pissed off but i still want to get another one because of all the good games and im getting a new one tommorow so im happy and already have gears of war. you should get one see if u like it and if it breaks, replace it or sell it cuz atleast u tried it
Vance_009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Vance_009
Member since 2004 • 2005 Posts
Got my Xbox 360 in December. still going strong. if you are worried about cooling, get a laptop cooler and have it on the bottom to get heat away from the cpu.
Th3James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Th3James
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

meh, im still on my launch console..

chex81

same, getone dumbass 3 yr warrantie n good games keep in openspace n it will be fine n if it isn't u get new one

padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts
you have a three, I, II, II, years warrant (is warrant? you know what I want to say), so its worth it. period.
reject09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 reject09
Member since 2006 • 510 Posts
you should definitely buy one. microsoft has really improved their newer models and now 360s rarely experience any trouble.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

skeitch22

skeitch22

Had mines since 2005 with no issues. It's too bad some people have issues but at least they fix it for free so what is their to lose?

Terami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 Terami
Member since 2004 • 3992 Posts

Just follow my five easy steps and your 360 should be fine.(unless you're one of the unlucky ones to get a lemon)

1. Just make sure to put the 360 in a well ventilated area.

2. Don't move it while a disc is inside it.

3. Do not use an intercooler despite some saying it's ok.

4. Try to plug the 360 directly into the wall unless you have a high quality power bar.

5. Be sure to hug your 360 twice daily.

Buy it and happy gaming!

MrEnvelope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MrEnvelope
Member since 2007 • 2424 Posts

Just keep in a cool area and also keep in a place that is not so crowded with cables and other stuff keep it in a place where it can breathe and you'll be fine. If you are so afraid of failure buy a 2 year warranty of best buy. Best Buy will give you a new one instantly if yours fails

kaisermpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kaisermpr
Member since 2003 • 419 Posts
I got my 360 in the summer of last year and nothing wrong has happened yet.
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

skeitch22
well i've had mine since september of last year, i have yet to face one problem :|
bamafan3414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bamafan3414
Member since 2006 • 489 Posts
Get one I have one since launch and it hasnt failed me yet..... just dont move it when you are in the middle of a game