UT 360 or BF:BC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

barneyalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 barneyalfonso
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts

i dunno i have budget for 1 game left and i'm thinking of buying a game to keep me busy till november (gow2 of course)

which do you think will keep you more busy if you were me. BF:BC or UT3?

Fr3DmE15t3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Fr3DmE15t3R
Member since 2008 • 142 Posts

tricky one

but i say UT3, it just looks more intense than BF:BC

gamez-elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 gamez-elite
Member since 2005 • 1267 Posts

tricky one

but i say UT3, it just looks more intense than BF:BC

Fr3DmE15t3R

I played UT3 on my PC... it's good; very good. I have Battlefield on my Xbox though and it's far more of a complete package than UT3. Battlefield has a good single player where UT3 has a single player that is just multiplayer maps with bots. If you can find a few people to form a squad with in BF it can be a really excellent experience. Lots of variety with the weapons and vehicles for combat. Plus it has the destructability of the environment which really has to be experienced to be seen for how good it is. My vote would be with BF:BC
mr-sheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mr-sheep
Member since 2006 • 2235 Posts

I haven't played Ut for the 360 BUT i gotta tell ya that BF:BC is a very very very intense shooter. BF:BC's campaign was actually fun and playable which is weird for a BF game :D its not as gripping as lets say the CoD 4 or 2 campaign BUT none the less it is worthwhile experience. Now moving onto the multiplayer, OMFG, you will get hooked man! BF:BC multiplayer is hands down the greatest thing ever!!! i love the scout :D and dude theres only one game mode atm and its IMHO already whoooping CoD 4. cant wait for the other game mode to be released :D

GET BF:BC

iamtheleg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 iamtheleg
Member since 2006 • 571 Posts
I have the same problem, but I think I am going with UT3. I played the demo for BF:BC and it wasn't all that great to me (but it was a demo). I'll probably end up picking up UT3 tuesday and when im bored of that I'll look for a cheap used copy of BF:BC.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
Sine UT3 died on both the PC and the PS3 very quickly, it would be much better going with BF:BC.
nahmean187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 nahmean187
Member since 2008 • 640 Posts

i have bf bc and its great but its really different from ut3. if u like games like cod4, get ut3. if u like halo, get bfbc. i mean they arent really the same but im saying if u like fast games get ut, slower games get bf

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#8 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
I say you pass on both, especially if you are on a tight budget which most of us are. Mercenaries 2 is set to release at the end of August and then games will really start rolling out from there. Maybe try and pick up a game you passed on before that you can now get cheap used. Have you played Rainbow Six Vegas 2??
GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts

I have never played UT3 so me not being able to draw a comparison contributes little to this thread. But I can say that Bad Company is far and a way the best FPS I have ever played. It really makes you feel like you are in a true warzone and the teamwork it takes to push or stand strong is really remarkable.

The players are also suprisingly more mature than in COD4 or Halo 3. I highly reccomend it.

sirkel28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 sirkel28
Member since 2004 • 347 Posts
I bought UT3 and it sucks balls, it is very over rated, there are very few people playing it online even, so that tells you the truth right there. BattleField Bad Company is a much better game in every way, at least from the demo I played of it, I thought it was excellent, the destructible environments are the best I seen yet.
toot122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 toot122
Member since 2006 • 32 Posts
There is probably very few people on ut3 because in most places its not out yet.
iamtheleg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 iamtheleg
Member since 2006 • 571 Posts
I bought UT3 and it sucks balls, it is very over rated, there are very few people playing it online even, so that tells you the truth right there. BattleField Bad Company is a much better game in every way, at least from the demo I played of it, I thought it was excellent, the destructible environments are the best I seen yet. sirkel28
Do you have the 360 version or pc/ps3? If you have the 360 version and think it is dead then you jumped to conclusions much to fast because the only major market that has released it so far is the UK I think.
Quintinius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Quintinius
Member since 2006 • 1050 Posts

I got both of them and I'd recommend you to get BF on the 360 and UTIII for cheap on the PC. I got a headache from UTIII but it's still great. Battlefield is just better.

EDIT: If that wasn't clear, I have Battlefield on the 360 and UTIII for PC AND 360. I wanted to see the comparison.

caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts
Please use the stickied thread for recommendations.