USB Headsets for 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DAVIDJGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DAVIDJGB
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Hi everyone, I am asking on behalf of my close friend, that, are you able to use any type of USB headset, for the 360 and if so can you tell me? Please, and I thank you in advance if you have info for me.
w4rgasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#2 w4rgasm
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
the 360 comes with a headset... why would he be concerned about a USB?
Aaron-1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Aaron-1992
Member since 2007 • 112 Posts

the 360 comes with a headset... why would he be concerned about a USB? w4rgasm

1) I'm curious

2) It is broken.

Its an easy question can't you just answer.

Roughan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Roughan-
Member since 2007 • 328 Posts
why would you want a USB headset? Just use a phone headset, you wont have the option of muting or changing the volume (unless it's on the cord of the headset), but it's better than having to be that close to the system
joebo19x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 joebo19x
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

why would you want a USB headset? Just use a phone headset, you wont have the option of muting or changing the volume (unless it's on the cord of the headset), but it's better than having to be that close to the systemRoughan-

I personally have a usb headset that ran me 130$ i use it for my computer game's. (Crysis, UT3,Team fortress 2, left4dead, and also World of warcraft)
I also use this headset to play games on my ps3. Now i try to plug in my very expensive headset into my 360 and it won't work. Now honestly are you going to tell me that my 5.1 surround sound headset is not better then a phone headset or the wireless one for xbox?

ash918273

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ash918273
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts

IF you can get the sound from in game and music througha USB headset then i'd get one over the regular one.

famoussasjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 famoussasjohn
Member since 2009 • 230 Posts

dont believe you can use USB headsets for xbox.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

yeah there are no usb headsets for the 360. MS dosent makeany and third party dosentwork.

FenrirXero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FenrirXero
Member since 2009 • 173 Posts

Anything that plugs into the jack on the controller should work, meaning that USB won't work. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I hope that helped.

Racerturken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Racerturken
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

You can Plug it into your computer first then to your Xbox360 (3,5mm from Xbox360 to PC, PC --> USB)

Works with my G35

http://www.efilliate.com/images/prod_images/P4196a.jpg

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

Hi everyone, I am asking on behalf of my close friend, that, are you able to use any type of USB headset, for the 360 and if so can you tell me? Please, and I thank you in advance if you have info for me.DAVIDJGB
I'm afraid you cant use just any headset (at least as far as I'm aware) but there are a good number of great quality USB headsets made for the console. For a great one is the turtle beach PX20 headset which (although completely wired) has a brilliant microphone and provides you with full stereo sound which can be balanced with the microphone input so you wont ever have the game drowning the voice out and on top of that it works on the 360, the ps3 and the pc. Its £70 most places but for all that its worth it. (I know that isnt strictly what you asked but I thought you might be interested)

ripzone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ripzone29
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
the 360 comes with a headset... why would he be concerned about a USB? w4rgasm
Why can't you kids give a straight answer? And I apologize in advance if you're not a kid, But you know.. Maturity is a key factor in development.
boardn720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 boardn720
Member since 2008 • 5310 Posts

yeah there are no usb headsets for the 360. MS dosent makeany and third party dosentwork.

Gen007
Really, because last I checked Turtle beach makes one :?
F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts
[QUOTE="Gen007"]

boardn720
Really, because last I checked Turtle beach makes one :?

They actually make a couple, and so does Triton and also the astro 40's.. so... yeah.
XxeviltedizXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XxeviltedizXx
Member since 2010 • 176 Posts

onley one is turtle beach

Massacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#17 Massacher
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts

You can Plug it into your computer first then to your Xbox360 (3,5mm from Xbox360 to PC, PC --> USB)

Works with my G35

http://www.efilliate.com/images/prod_images/P4196a.jpg

Racerturken

ok first off i know i am resurrecting an old thread but i have been searching for a solution to this for two days now.
the method u have posted is ok but won't work with a usb headset like i have (Plantronics GameCom 777) - http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/gamecom-777.

i have found that XJacKer (http://www.xjacker.com/presskit.php#hdmi_kit_pricing) make a solution that will work with a USB headset like the one i have. and should also work with any other USB headset.
i was thinking about how to extend the USB portion of the XJacKer solution as i sit about 3.5 metres from the tv. well maybe 2 metres. but the cable i currently use for my headset is a 3.5mm jack extender. now to extend the USB portion i would need either a t-piece female to female to female USB adapter or a USB hub cable such as this (http://www.tradeage.com/sale/usb-hub-cable-wholesale-new-4-port-usb-hub-octopus-3-female-ports-1mini-b-cable-ing-10pcs-ce240670).
i am thinking that i could plug the USB portion of the XJacKer into the first USB port of the USB hub cable, then plug the USB cable from my Plantronics GameCom 777 into the second USB port of the USB hub cable, and then using a USB extension cable plug it into the male end of the USB hub cable and then finally plugging in the extension into a USB port on the XBOX 360. would this work? or is there a better solution? i need to be able to hear game audio and still maintain chat functionality, and also use the Dolby adapter on my Plantronics GameCom 777 so i can have Dolby Surround sound in the headset.

Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts
Turtle Beach X12's are a headset I am thinking about buying...
jlevin860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jlevin860
Member since 2009 • 818 Posts

IF you can get the sound from in game and music througha USB headset then i'd get one over the regular one.

ash918273

turtle beaches x11's. (designed for xbox, youtube how to set them up if your using HDMIfind em online for ~40$

MyNameIsJack1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MyNameIsJack1
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
The XBOX 360 comes with a compatible headset..... Thats if you know how to use it. Step 1 get the headset wire and plug it inbetween the handles Step 2 turn it on Step 3 it should be ready to use there you go.... Very simple
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

Jesus, this thread got necro-bumped like five times.

xAgentXBC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xAgentXBC
Member since 2004 • 71 Posts

I NEED a headset. I can't find that cheap one that came with the controller. Maybe someone could suggest a good value headset that will work for both my PC and Xbox 360 that doesn't cost more than the console itself [I'm looking at you turtle beach].

I wish they made bluetooth headsets that could be plugged in somewhere on the Xbox 360.

I'd like it to be comfortable over the ears to block out other roommates noise.

Ultimately, it can't be more then $70 dollars.

I intend to play Halo Reach and Star Wars: The Old Republic with it so it should be comfortable for wearing more than an hour at a time.

Editted to Add: I've got Amazon Gift Cards to use up so if possible, limit suggestions to the Amazon website.

hansmacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hansmacher
Member since 2003 • 900 Posts

I NEED a headset. I can't find that cheap one that came with the controller. Maybe someone could suggest a good value headset that will work for both my PC and Xbox 360 that doesn't cost more than the console itself [I'm looking at you turtle beach].

I wish they made bluetooth headsets that could be plugged in somewhere on the Xbox 360.

I'd like it to be comfortable over the ears to block out other roommates noise.

Ultimately, it can't be more then $70 dollars.

I intend to play Halo Reach and Star Wars: The Old Republic with it so it should be comfortable for wearing more than an hour at a time.

Editted to Add: I've got Amazon Gift Cards to use up so if possible, limit suggestions to the Amazon website.

xAgentXBC
http://www.amazon.com/Sharkoon-X-Tatic-Stereo-Gaming-Headset-Linux/dp/B004EDSBYQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1325259608&sr=8-3
TUTcore8ed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TUTcore8ed
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Well lets see, Because I Have a USB headset, and I don't have a standard mic jack mic. I have no money, so this USB mic that was given to me I would like to use, or not have a headset. The question is can I use a USB headset on my XBOX? Not why am I trying to use a USB headset on my xbox. Can someone just answer the question without giving a question as a response?
Spire88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Spire88
Member since 2006 • 4502 Posts
why not make a small upsate to make usb headsets work, who is going to spend $30+ on an "official" microsoft headset when we can just use a usb one.
Avatar image for BlackV3ilBrid3s
BlackV3ilBrid3s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BlackV3ilBrid3s
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="MyNameIsJack1"]The XBOX 360 comes with a compatible headset..... Thats if you know how to use it. Step 1 get the headset wire and plug it inbetween the handles Step 2 turn it on Step 3 it should be ready to use there you go.... Very simple

You are right... but you are also wrong... only the XBOX 360 Elite and Pro come with a headset... an XBOX 360 Slim doesn't..... so stop making this stupid claim that EVERY XBOX comes with a headset.... you make yourself sound so dumb
Skinon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 Skinon
Member since 2009 • 128 Posts
I have some turtle beach X12's they work amazingly with any audio source, PC, Xbox, Mp3, PS3 whatever... just plug the piggy backable RCA's into the RCA's on the TV even tho my xbox runs through an HDMi cable, and BAM sweet glorious shooting people in the face noises!