Unique Disc Error

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Shinobi_Daisuke
Shinobi_Daisuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Shinobi_Daisuke
Member since 2007 • 3660 Posts

Last month my friend dropped my 360 while we were playing Rock Band 2 and now the disc won't work. Three weeks ago I got it buffered: it's spotless. However, it still did not work. Two days ago I took it to get re-buffered and the game worked on the store's Xbox. So if it's not the disc, it must be the 360, right?

Maybe not. My 360 plays all other games flawlessly without any problems whatsoever. So what could the problem possibly be? I thought it might be the lens so I tried opening the console. Problem is that in order to open it, I need some weird screwdriver head I've never seen or heard of before. My friend says he has one so I'm leaving it half open until he gets here tomorrow.

But what I want to know is if there is any way to clean the lens without opening the rest? I also want to know how one single game could possibly not work on my console but work on others when every other game works fine. If I do need to open the console, how do I open the disc drive itself? I haven't been able to find any tutorials. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stavr0s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Stavr0s
Member since 2007 • 1003 Posts
Well, you can't send it back. . . Try a different Rock Band game? That's all I can say. . . If you want to know how to open your disc drive without the system being on (manually) look here: http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/manual_eject_xbox_360_dvd.htm
CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#3 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
Please use the stickied broken 360 thread. Thanks!