two free games for september?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

andrew01093

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 andrew01093
Member since 2012 • 115 Posts

Anyone know what they are yet?

shadow_Metroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#2 shadow_Metroid
Member since 2005 • 1632 Posts

As of right now we don't know.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#3 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

If they do something moronic like give out a great game on the 16th...

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

nothing as of yet.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#6 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

I'll see what's for Sept 1. If it's better than Assassin's Creed II, I'll play it, otherwise I'll play ACII. Gotta be done by the end of the 16th.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Considering you only get the games if you subscribe to XBL gold then they arent free. Free would mean every xbox user got the game regardless of if they paid for XBLG or not.

BatP59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BatP59
Member since 2009 • 106 Posts

The games for September are the Magic The Gathering xbla game and Raibow Six Vegas (confimed by Major Nelson earlier today).

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts
Their free considering its a bonus to the service you weren't getting before. I've been on live since it launched back in 2002, they auto billed my account for years. I'm really don't play mp online so I had been paying for live to Access Netflix, which I though was ridiculous and canceled my gold subscription 2 years ago. Now that they offer an incentive for non mp gamers besides making us pay to access Netflix and other services I already pay for and is free to access on everything else, I may consider getting gold again. But if its just a bunch of old games probably not tho.

Considering you only get the games if you subscribe to XBL gold then they arent free. Free would mean every xbox user got the game regardless of if they paid for XBLG or not.

Gargus
AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts

The games for September are the Magic The Gathering xbla game and Raibow Six Vegas (confimed by Major Nelson earlier today).

BatP59
lol seriously? pathetic
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

[QUOTE="BatP59"]

AJC3317

lol seriously? pathetic

Magic The gathering is a fun game if you like card games.

Rainbow Six Vegas is an amazing game, how is that pathetic?

raydog44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 raydog44
Member since 2006 • 248 Posts
Come on, the game is from 2009, why couldn't they at least give Vegas 2?
XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts
Come on, the game is from 2009, why couldn't they at least give Vegas 2?raydog44
^This. Nothing about Magic the Gathering interests me at all; and I'm sure everyone owns Rainbow Six Vegas. What a shitty list this month.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

My XBL Gold expires on September 6th. I just cancelled my auto-renew. I'm out. I have no interest in Magic 2013 and R6V has been in my collection for years. I hardly ever play online multi-player and GWG just doesn't justify continuing my membership. If I want to use Netflix, I'll just watch it on my PC, phone, Wii or PS3.

andrew01093

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 andrew01093
Member since 2012 • 115 Posts

Yeah, this is just completly sad. I've already played Rainbow six a long long time ago. This shows how much Microsoft value's it's customers. We are nothing but a big pile of cash to Billy.

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
The whining in here is amazing. Microsoft gives you FREE games and you turn around and backhand them for it. And let me guess, you'd be the same people to cry foul if they decided not to give you anything at all. Nothing ever pleases you people.
XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts
The whining in here is amazing. Microsoft gives you FREE games and you turn around and backhand them for it. And let me guess, you'd be the same people to cry foul if they decided not to give you anything at all. Nothing ever pleases you people. wwervin
There is no whining. The "two free games" this month suck big time. But to the people who've not played Rainbow six, I'd say that it's a decent offering, however, Magic the Gathering? Really? As if in the 360 library alone, there aren't much better offerings for games that most haven't heard of/played. It's a half pathetic list tbh.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#20 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
[QUOTE="raydog44"]Come on, the game is from 2009, why couldn't they at least give Vegas 2?XboxStache
^This. Nothing about Magic the Gathering interests me at all; and I'm sure everyone owns Rainbow Six Vegas. What a shitty list this month.

Rainbow Six Vegas is from 2006, and Vegas 2 is from early 2008.

Magic The gathering is a fun game if you like card games. Rainbow Six Vegas is an amazing game, how is that pathetic?

Magic is fine, nothing special but nothing to complain about but Vegas 1 and the game they were giving South America instead Shadowrun both sell online for $0.01.

The whining in here is amazing. Microsoft gives you FREE games and you turn around and backhand them for it.

It's a lazy poor effort that pales in comparison to other services, some that are free.
BIGtex42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BIGtex42
Member since 2013 • 60 Posts

I think people are upset because they're touting this service and keep the titles a secret until right before the month starts and the ones they show are collectively worth maybe $2... i understand magic is like $5 or something on XBL but everything on there is so overpriced and out of date when compared to gamestop.  Giving away $2 worth of games considering one of them i played when i was 17 (I'm 24 now to put this perspective) is just lame.  If they're going to half ass it this hard then just keep your games, espn, youtube all of these services that are free on a PC and better anyways and lower the XBL membership back to $50.  ugh at least we start getting good games and get GTAV so i don't really care about the trash they're giving away anyways

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts
What's funny, people never really complained about paying for live before. They use to defend it saying how much better it was then psn and it was worth the money for far better service all around. Now Sony launches PS-Plus and its free games plus its cheaper then live, MS adds value to live by giving free* old games and people complain. Truthfully I stopped paying for live years ago, I just don't game MP so live was a waste of money. If they had done this years ago I may have kept my live subscription, but the free* old games now isn't enough to get me to subscribe again. Now if they can add more value in some other way that I want I'd be back on board and subscribe again. What I don't get is complaining about free games that you never were getting before in the first place. It's free, if I still had live gold I'd download those games even if I wasn't going to play them much. But that's just me, I guess it's the perceived value that the service provides is just not what it used to be. We use to pay for the privilege to game online and thank them for doing it better then Sony and Nintendo, times have changed.