to warranty or not to warranty

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kieran1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kieran1223
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
im getting a 360 today and i talked to the ppl at EB before and they said the 360 comes with a 1 year warranty from microsoft if the system malfunctions.  they also said that i can buy a warranty from them which also covers accidental (which i dont really care about), but for theirs, ill have to pay each year to renew it, and i dont want to have to pay for the first year while still having a warranty from microsoft, and then if i do renew it, ive wasted $100 already. so, my question is, do most malfunctioning 360s show signs of not working properly or break within the first year? or does it usually take more time? thanks
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#2 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
I'd stick with M$ warranty. You have a year, and there is an extended warranty in the box. I'm signing up for it when my year is nearing it's end (the year of my warranty).
kieran1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kieran1223
is the extended warranty only one more year? or can you keep adding years after the additional one? and also, how much is it?
kieran1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kieran1223
hey. someone should answer me please. cuz i wanna go take a shower then go to the store so i can BUY IT! :D
KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts
dont buy it its a rip off you have one year on your 360 from MS if nothing happens to it after thAT especially with the newer ones you should not have a problem i have a launch system and its still good just as long as you take care of it
ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
I got the 2 year warranty  because I had red ring of death on mine... I'd be careful... the microsoft extra year policy is $60, which is cheaper than eb .... thats a total of 2 years...