This topic is locked from further discussion.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

I'm i the only one? I was kinda interested in the game just because of all the hype. I tried the beta and realize I would never play it. I don't play multiplayer games, but I was hoping this game would intrigue me enough to want to play.

Besides the mechanics which are great, to me it's still just as basic as every other shooter out there. Run kill, get killed repeat. I'm sure there are other game modes but it still the same basic shooter. Which isn't a bad thing if you like it, but for me I need a intriguing story. I guess I don't have time to mindlessly kill for hours without a purpose to drive me like a good story.

I suppose I'm in the minority here, it's just there are no games coming for the x1 and I need something to play. It's sad because I will still buy Titanfall even tho I know I'll hardly ever play it.

darthkirmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 darthkirmy
Member since 2009 • 174 Posts

So you're upset because a shooter plays like a shooter? That would be like me disliking ice cream because it's cold and sweet.... You don't like the genre. No big deal. Don't play it.

Avatar image for mynamesdenvrmax
mynamesdenvrmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 mynamesdenvrmax
Member since 2004 • 2228 Posts

I went the other way. I wasn't that interested but the beta has made it a must buy for me. I wish it had a story mode but these games are played 90% online then 10% campaign anyway. I'd almost rather the company push more resources to the MP and skip a mediocre SP.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

@gagit811 said:

I'm i the only one? I was kinda interested in the game just because of all the hype. I tried the beta and realize I would never play it. I don't play multiplayer games, but I was hoping this game would intrigue me enough to want to play.

Besides the mechanics which are great, to me it's still just as basic as every other shooter out there. Run kill, get killed repeat. I'm sure there are other game modes but it still the same basic shooter. Which isn't a bad thing if you like it, but for me I need a intriguing story. I guess I don't have time to mindlessly kill for hours without a purpose to drive me like a good story.

I suppose I'm in the minority here, it's just there are no games coming for the x1 and I need something to play. It's sad because I will still buy Titanfall even tho I know I'll hardly ever play it.

Xbox One has more exclusives currently out than the competition, and it has more games announced than the competition. I'm honestly not sure what you were expecting, it sounds like you don't like multiplayer games, and you don't like shooters then you get disappointed you strangely don't like Titanfall.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

@darthkirmy: My gripe has nothing to due with the fact the game is a shooter. I just wish the game had a traditional single player story mode. I own ghost and bf4, I enjoyed both of those games but I can never get into the multiplayer aspect.

jeffmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jeffmonster
Member since 2003 • 511 Posts

Awful thread is awful.

iCurtis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 iCurtis
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I like single player as much as the next person, you'd want something to interest you rather than just a normal shooter right? There's a few games coming out for Xbox One that look good single player wise, such as Destiny, Fable Legends, Elder Scrolls online, Tom Clancy: The Division, The Witcher 3, Watch Dogs, Metal Gear Solid 3 etc.

Sure Titanfall is no different from other First Person Shooters out there, but it's more fast paced. It's not as repetitive as Call of Duty and the more game modes that will be added will make it better. Currently on Amazon the games retailing at £42 (Stirling Pounds - United Kingdom) and that's pretty good considering most Xbox One games top the £50 mark. Your basically paying Xbox 360 price for an Xbox One game.

Despite you disliking Titanfall as a whole I'm sure it would keep you entertained for a while if the story mode is any good. At least you'll have another game to play in the long run.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#8  Edited By jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

@mynamesdenvrmax said:

I went the other way. I wasn't that interested but the beta has made it a must buy for me. I wish it had a story mode but these games are played 90% online then 10% campaign anyway. I'd almost rather the company push more resources to the MP and skip a mediocre SP.

That's about me, though I still wouldn't mind them beefing up the number of players.

JO-B-ONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JO-B-ONE
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@gagit811:

I play a lot of FPS multiplayer, and yes the lack of a solo campaign is starting to become the new thing. My gripes about Titian Fall are a little different, I played the Alpa and the Beta and was not very impressed with the experience. The mechanics were pretty good, the graphics are good, but not what I consider a push for next gen. The fact that it is only gonna be 6v6 with bots, and everyone gets a titian even if there not very good they can just hide somewhere on the map and wait for it. The lack of intrigue as a gamer, it does not keep me interested. With all the hardware and capabilities that sony and Microsoft boasted about with the next gen this falls short in my very humble opinion.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

Titanfall is NOT a CoD clone..PERIOD! It is not about huge maps like BF. It is a fast paced, arena-esque FPS much in the vein of FPS of a time gone by like UT or Quake except that it has guns with sights, ordinances, loadouts and Titans which are akin to the CoD Killstreaks. The strategies involved in Titanfall aren't so different from what you find in games like Halo, CoD or BF, but in my opinion Titanfall has brought the FUN back to FPS and doesn't leave you with that "been there, done that" feeling. Now will I still feel that way 6 months and a couple of DLC packs down the road? Maybe and maybe not! But lets remember that this isn't some shlub dev team making this game. This is Respawn...aka....CoD 4 and MW2. By far the two best CoD's! I think they know what they are doing!

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#11  Edited By MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I have the game preordered. I really liked the beta. It's fresh, and doesn't feel like a regular FPS.

I think it could be a lot more than just competitive multiplayer, though. A co-op mode would be nice. As for single-player, I think Respawn missed a great opportunity to reinvigorate single-player with a creative, awesome campaign. I'm hopeful that the single-player elements are enough so that it doesn't feel mindless after awhile.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

I wish they used a different game engine.

The Source engine is too dated. It "dulls" the immersion factor a bit. Too many flat and generic-looking textures for a game that is being hyped as genre-defining.

Respawn should have just built their own engine from scratch. Hell, even a modified Frostbyte engine would have been more interesting. Especially if they added destruction.

Jasbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jasbro
Member since 2010 • 53 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

Titanfall is NOT a CoD clone..PERIOD! It is not about huge maps like BF. It is a fast paced, arena-esque FPS much in the vein of FPS of a time gone by like UT or Quake except that it has guns with sights, ordinances, loadouts and Titans which are akin to the CoD Killstreaks. The strategies involved in Titanfall aren't so different from what you find in games like Halo, CoD or BF, but in my opinion Titanfall has brought the FUN back to FPS and doesn't leave you with that "been there, done that" feeling. Now will I still feel that way 6 months and a couple of DLC packs down the road? Maybe and maybe not! But lets remember that this isn't some shlub dev team making this game. This is Respawn...aka....CoD 4 and MW2. By far the two best CoD's! I think they know what they are doing!

Yea they know what they're doing, making another CoD with robots and calling it new, seriously anyone saying this is not CoD is blind as hell and living in a dream world, they're using the same engine not to mention the same font style as CoD, the sound design and shooting mechanics are the same as CoD as well, i cannot fault them for this though really since they needed to get a game out as fast as possible and establish their company so they used the resources they already know.

And you have no clue what fast paced arena style is if you claim this to be one, so dont even try and compare this to UT or Quake because this game is not in the same league as those games.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@Jasbro said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

Yea they know what they're doing, making another CoD with robots and calling it new, seriously anyone saying this is not CoD is blind as hell and living in a dream world, they're using the same engine not to mention the same font style as CoD, the sound design and shooting mechanics are the same as CoD as well, i cannot fault them for this though really since they needed to get a game out as fast as possible and establish their company so they used the resources they already know.

And you have no clue what fast paced arena style is if you claim this to be one, so dont even try and compare this to UT or Quake because this game is not in the same league as those games.

It is more akin to UT, Quake or Halo than it is BF or CoD. Did you even play the beta? Or are you another hater that bases their opinions by watching videos on YouTube and Twitch? I actually played the beta and the speed of the game itself makes it something out of the CoD realm. I mean the last I knew there weren't 40 foot tall mechs in CoD nor were there abilities to double jump, wall hang and wall run in CoD. Oh wait I see, because a game is made by former CoD devs and that it has guns, load outs and a team atmosphere, it must be a CoD clone right!!

Oh and by the way, I played plenty of UT and Quake and I fully understand what an arena shooter is. I NEVER said Titanfall was an Arena shooter. I said it was "Arena-esque"!! Big difference in meaning!! Titanfall is not about sitting in a corner, waiting on guys to run around a corner and spraying them with your SMG. Nor is it about hiding in a bush with a Snipers rifle! It is full on run and gun and Titan fun!!!

Jasbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jasbro
Member since 2010 • 53 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@Jasbro said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

It is more akin to UT, Quake or Halo than it is BF or CoD. Did you even play the beta? Or are you another hater that bases their opinions by watching videos on YouTube and Twitch? I actually played the beta and the speed of the game itself makes it something out of the CoD realm. I mean the last I knew there weren't 40 foot tall mechs in CoD nor were there abilities to double jump, wall hang and wall run in CoD. Oh wait I see, because a game is made by former CoD devs and that it has guns, load outs and a team atmosphere, it must be a CoD clone right!!

Oh and by the way, I played plenty of UT and Quake and I fully understand what an arena shooter is. I NEVER said Titanfall was an Arena shooter. I said it was "Arena-esque"!! Big difference in meaning!! Titanfall is not about sitting in a corner, waiting on guys to run around a corner and spraying them with your SMG. Nor is it about hiding in a bush with a Snipers rifle! It is full on run and gun and Titan fun!!!

Yes i managed to play the beta thanks to their last minute open beta and it was enjoyable but not worth full asking price, and full on run and gun is it?, then explain all the guys sitting on roofs with the sniper.

You can believe whatever you'd like about the game, hell call it whatever you like, but for a lot of us this is just a CoD with new skins and perks.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

@gagit811: March is a great month for gaming. If you're not into Titanfall, you can pick up Metal Gear: Ground Zeroes, or even South Park: The Stick of Truth, and Dark Souls 2 (if you still have your 360,PS3)

H0RSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By H0RSE
Member since 2004 • 2133 Posts
@mynamesdenvrmax said:

The final game will have a "MP campaign" mode.

@Jasbro said:

...they're using the same engine...

CoD uses the IW engine, which is based off the idtech engine(s). It has been this way since CoD 2 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IW_engine

The original CoD actually used a highly modified idtech 3 engine - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty_%28video_game%29

Titanfall uses the Source engine - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanfall

two completely different engines.

The rest of your comment wasn't worth commenting on, since it was just angry rant and opinions.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I'm not into multiplayer games either, I'd rather just play the campaign of a game and be done with it. But Titanfall has really got me interested and I look forward to trying it out.

XxSpitzerXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21 XxSpitzerXx
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@gagit811: It is going to have the single player story integrated into the multiplayer. It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but if you plan to buy it anyway then it could at least allow you to spend some more time with the game.

dnathug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22  Edited By dnathug
Member since 2005 • 369 Posts

I had the opposite effect, I was kind of leery about the game but when i got the beta as soon as I played my first match I was hooked. It surprised the hell out of me, fun and easy to play and as well looked great on my xbox one, this is going to be a big game. I went the next week to pre-order a copy. Everyone has different views on it, that's mine.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#23  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Don't buy it if you don't think you're going to play it. I got Forza 5 just because it got good reviews despite the fact that I know I don't like racing games. It was a total waste of money. There are plenty of other games out there you should pick up instead. I mean, I was in love with the game from my first match, so if you didn't feel that instant compulsion to devote hours of your life to the thing, get something else.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

@donalbane: I feel in the same trap. Hate racing sims, but wanted something to play. Within five seconds of my first race I knew I had wasted sixty dollars. Oh well.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Same here, not a MP gamer but playing the Beta got me hooked, played for two days straight, had a hard time taking a break.

Hard to believe someone would purchase a racing game that hates racing games!