Titanfall download slow.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Billabong2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Billabong2121
Member since 2005 • 380 Posts

is it just me or is the titanfall download really slow, i bought the titanfall bundle of the xbox 1 and it comes with a digital verson of tf, but its taking forever to download and install. Anyone having this issue?

MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 MassiveKaos
Member since 2006 • 3876 Posts

Got the titanfall bundle today too. Started installing at around 11:15am, its 5:04pm right now and only at 52%...

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

It depends on the speed of your internet connection and the file size for Titanfall to download. I would also guess the Microsoft servers will be getting hammered with people redeeming the codes so this is likely an affect as well.

Anyway, I hope your download is done soon (if not done already) and you enjoy the game. I would like to hear feedback from you players as the game is not out in Europe yet so you get a chance to play before us in Europe!

MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By MassiveKaos
Member since 2006 • 3876 Posts

Im at 72% now if anyone cares to know. Definitely not a great start in terms of impressions as a new xbox one owner

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts

@MassiveKaos: Sony and MS have switched places this gen in download and install speeds. Even from the disc it takes like 30-45 minutes.

Billabong2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Billabong2121
Member since 2005 • 380 Posts

Massive I'm at 72 too right now and I started at 2pm like this is awful

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

That's why it's never a great idea to buy big products day one. Everyone is jumping in trying to download their code etc. and the servers stress. I'm actually glad it's coming out in Australia on the 13th now.

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

That's why it's never a great idea to buy big products day one. Everyone is jumping in trying to download their code etc. and the servers stress. I'm actually glad it's coming out in Australia on the 13th now.

That and our internet is so slow here that it would take like 2 days to download the 20gb file haha

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@adders99 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

That and our internet is so slow here that it would take like 2 days to download the 20gb file haha

Haha you're not wrong there, I'm glad I didn't wait on an Xbox One because if I got the Titanfall bundle, there is no way I could put myself through the 20GB install. Especially with the Xbox One installing times too.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#11 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6072 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@adders99 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

Haha you're not wrong there, I'm glad I didn't wait on an Xbox One because if I got the Titanfall bundle, there is no way I could put myself through the 20GB install. Especially with the Xbox One installing times too.

For me it took about an hour and fifteen minutes to download and it was a 16 gb download,not 20gb like most people said.By the way,I live in eastern Canada.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

I got the bundle as well, took me about thirty five minutes.

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

I bought it at Xbox live web page from work. It was downloaded by the time I got home.

Then had to install it. That was bad, but not surprising. It's unpacking and setting up a 16gig install file and the install file and game files are both on the same drive (which means the hard drive has to jump back and forth between reading the install and writing the results which kills HD performance)... Waiting for that to finish was pretty bad, but not surprising. Games are getting too damned large...

tzolynski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 tzolynski
Member since 2013 • 90 Posts

Mine was installed in about 40 minutes.. and I dont have really fast internet just decent.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#15 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6072 Posts

@tzolynski said:

Mine was installed in about 40 minutes.. and I dont have really fast internet just decent.

Yours was only 40 minutes?Mine took over an hour,and I have ultra high speed internet.

tzolynski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tzolynski

@brimmul777: I have no idea how it happend... Usually it takes about an hour and a half besides PvZ took a very short time but its not a big game. I thought i was gonna be in it for the long haul so i ran up the street to grab some coffee when i got back it was almost done.... it was really weird but i liked it.

tzolynski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tzolynski

@Randolph: How are you liking it so far??

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

It took me 4 hours to install it from disc yesterday! something must be done about this!