This is your last second chance.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by XxStCardinalxX (36 posts) -

February is right around the corner and I don't know about the rest of you but I for one am pretty damn excited for Tomb Raider! I'm wary though the trailers and game play all look great but just like with movies it could still very well suck once we see it for ourselves. Man do I hope it doesn't suck! I've got my fingers crossed that this time Laura will be back with vengeance in this reboot.

#2 Posted by Jaysonguy (37700 posts) -

Honestly I think they already failed as far as character goes.

The game may be good but I think that whole "she can't be seen or attacked as a sexual object" killed any chance the story would be compelling

#3 Posted by Geminon (1095 posts) -

Honestly I think they already failed as far as character goes.

The game may be good but I think that whole "she can't be seen or attacked as a sexual object" killed any chance the story would be compelling

Jaysonguy
agree.... in real life, an attractive, young woman like her if captured by pirates/raiders would be gang raped and killed in a heartbeat. they wouldnt even think twice. the fact that they arent even willing to consider that idea just makes it readily apparent that the story is going to be another generic "they hurt me so imma kill them" story. it actually makes Croft look like more of an animal than the pirates considering her response is to track them all down and kill them.
#4 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -
Laura Croft doesn't suck...she blows ;)
#5 Posted by Jaysonguy (37700 posts) -

Laura Croft doesn't suck...she blows ;)Kravyn81

Seriously?

That's the only thing you can come up with?

Pathetic

#6 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

Haven't played a Tomb Raider game since Tomb Raider 2.

My only memories if it is being utterly frightened trying to fight a bear in an underground cave and locking the butler in a room.

#7 Posted by Blueresident87 (5339 posts) -

I am not excited about it, but I am interested.