Think it's worth it not get Ryse?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts

Serious question.. just read that the campaign is only around 6 hours(IGN) and with all these reviews it seems kind of hard to justify the purchase. I mean I got knack, but that was part of the target deal so I didn't really feel so bad paying a full 60 for it. I could always pick up Mario 3d world instead at midnight instead of ryse btw. What are you guys going to do after seeing this things? Still get Ryse? Or skip out?

Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Venom951
Member since 2012 • 389 Posts

Get a different game Battlefield or Forza or just not get Xbox yet wait for more games I'll get mine when Titanfall comes out !

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bangerman15

@Venom951: After BF3 I probably won't get BF4 sadly :/ and if I do it's when origin has a sale for like premium edition costing 30 bucks or something lol. Titanfall is going to be tons of fun! I can't even imagine how crazy the xbone launch would have been if that came out tomorrow.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

That's what I'm wondering too. Problem is, I don't know what else I should get... I don't like racing games (sure wish I did) and I really don't think I want to play another goofy zombie game - I really didn't enjoy either of the previous dead rising games at all. Also, I don't want to get a multiplat on the XOne because I have a gaming PC and also just picked up a PS4 and don't want to play a lower resolution version. So I'm kind of having a problem with which game to pick up right now. I will try the Killer Instinct demo I guess... and I may just pick up Ryse because there's not other viable alternative. I sure wish they had launched with Halo or Titanfall.

Do you think somebody who has never played a racing game could enjoy Forza 5?

Do you think that somebody who didn't like Dead Rising 1 or 2 could enjoy part 3? The lack of the rigid save/crafting thing may be enough to make me get this game, actually. I hated those restrictions.

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bangerman15

@donalbane: I completely agree with your situation actually as I am facing the exact same problems. Lol I'm definitely getting killer instinct, but yeah multiplats are out do the question for the same reasons owning a gaming PC and ps4, and I dont really like racing Sims either. I think forza may be enjoyable though, I mean the graphics look good and all that. As for dead rising 3, I didnt like the first two either, but this third one looks like it may be a little entertaining. At least more entertaining than ryse I believe. Will probably get more play time out of dead rising 3 too.

christianRho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 christianRho
Member since 2013 • 28 Posts

@Bangerman15: Wow you think that too. I was SOOOO disapointed in BF3. I still play BF2 to this day. I couldn't stand the "confusion" of the whole thing. Little artifacts always flying across the screen. LIKE WTF. it got to the point were I was like Who goes outside and just sees shit flying across the ground everywhere every 2 seconds. It is preposterous.

Another thing I felt that the scope was taking back a few notches from BF2. I don't know why but it felt that way.

Is BF4 Better? More like BF2?

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bangerman15

@christianrho: I never played BF2 aside from the xbox 360 version awhile back and that was just the demo. I built my PC during the time BFBC2 was out and I played that a lot more than I played 3 lol. BF3 just felt completely overhyped and stuff. I haven't technically played bf4 retail version, but I played the beta on PC and ps3. On PC of course it looks nice and what not, but it's the same thing as the third one.. I heard a lot of complaints about the game though like the maps and what not. Seriously though when I played the bf4 beta I literally just felt like I was playing BF3 on a new map lol. The new spawn map menu is neat though.

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KingJuggaNott
Member since 2013 • 200 Posts

I'm still really excited to play Ryse. I don't know if I should just purchase it now, or just wait for the Price to drop. I'm leaning towards getting it anyway not allowing the reviews decide for me. If it's bad, i'll take the loss. I'm going some time today to pick up Madden 25, NBA 2K14, Battlefield 4 and other things like an extra controller and charge kits for them. I'm picking up my Xbox One tonite and I couldn't be any more excited.

christianRho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By christianRho
Member since 2013 • 28 Posts

@Bangerman15: Yea they really need to bring a BAD COMPANY Game back...

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Bangerman15

@christianrho: @kingjugganott: I feel you on that, like I want to play Ryse, but I don't want to regret getting that instead of like Mario 3d world lol. And I'm sure they will probably do a Bad Company soon seeing how BF4 supposedly is selling like crap compared to BF3.. I believe a lot of people didn't like BF3 and saw that 4 is the same thing so majority are skipping on it.

Wutabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wutabi
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I'm on the same fence! Despite what everyone says about Ryse (reviewers) I still look at the game and feel like I could enjoy playing it. Game looks amazing, my only gripe is how extremely linear the game is. I don't mind the combat being simple, I still enjoy playing The Simpsons at the arcade...lol

Avatar image for lord_bazalgette
Lord_Bazalgette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lord_Bazalgette
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Bad reviews and all, as an old history major, I simply can't resist urge to play this game. There haven't been that many console games that have taken place in ancient Rome, and this one is, at the very least, visually stunning.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Yeah to be honest I'd probably still buy it (when the price drops a bit) just to experience the visuals and maybe just maybe i might enjoy it.