The Ring of Death! Help!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mintshebang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mintshebang
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts
I was having a great time, just playing along, when bam! Lost Planet freezes up as soon as I get a match started. I try it with other games and the same thing happens, though somewhat later in the game. PGR3 demo fine, but GRAW2 demo's mule also caused freezing. I've gotten the three rings that signify hardware failure twice now. Called tech support but they just said they'd send me a box, couldn't fix over phone. What's going on?
Avatar image for legend_killer91
legend_killer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 legend_killer91
Member since 2006 • 103 Posts
I was having a great time, just playing along, when bam! Lost Planet freezes up as soon as I get a match started. I try it with other games and the same thing happens, though somewhat later in the game. PGR3 demo fine, but GRAW2 demo's mule also caused freezing. I've gotten the three rings that signify hardware failure twice now. Called tech support but they just said they'd send me a box, couldn't fix over phone. What's going on?Mintshebang
one question were u using an intercooler? if so thats the problem they f*** up ur 360
butkis689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 butkis689
Member since 2003 • 1955 Posts
they are sending you a box to put your 360 in to ship it to them to fix it.
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#4 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts
There's nothing that people can do.  MS is going to fix it, simple as that man.
XXXaqtioner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XXXaqtioner
Member since 2006 • 51 Posts
dude that happened to me!!...omg it sucked...i was playing Lost Planet as well!...haha  i called them and they said theyll send me a box to ship it to them to fix...but does anyone know how long itll take....cuz im baically shipping them my life....hahaha plz hlp

-Greg
xanderdrae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xanderdrae
Member since 2004 • 101 Posts
these threads scare me cuz im just about to buy a 360 thankfully im also getting a ps3 so if one craps out i have something to play while i wait for the other to be fixed
Diablo2343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Diablo2343
Member since 2003 • 982 Posts

dude that happened to me!!...omg it sucked...i was playing Lost Planet as well!...haha  i called them and they said theyll send me a box to ship it to them to fix...but does anyone know how long itll take....cuz im baically shipping them my life....hahaha plz hlp

-GregXXXaqtioner

They say its 3-5 BUSINESS days to ship this box.  I'm currently waiting on mine.  Blizzard today so no box and going on day #6.  You package it up as they have instructions w/ the box.  Contact UPS/DHL/Fed Ex, whomever delivered it to you.  Then another 3-5 BUSINESS days to get back to them.  Then they fix it.  If they cannot fix it, then you get a refurbished one.  Then they send it back to you (3-5 Business days)

In shipping along you are looking at 12-15 business days of shipping.  There is 3 weeks.  Figure another week to fix.  So I would say about a months time.

Sedin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Sedin44
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
There is a special post just for 360 problems. Your question should asked in there.