The Destiny Alpha Was a Joke

#1 Posted by vatorus (14 posts) -

Fear not fellow Xboxers, I was dumb enough to buy a PS4 and I got in on the Destiny Alpha...you didn't miss a thing. There were random missions that felt like grinding because they all boiled down to "Kill 10 enemies"

2 missions, yes 2, just 2, in an environment about the size of a Battlefield map (on Conquest Large). Level cap of 8 and you START at 3.9. Yep, you start about 100 XP from level 4.

It was a total joke, PS4 owners got shit

#2 Posted by rrjim1 (910 posts) -

I wouldn't say it was a total joke, but I found it to be a little boring, I only got to level 5 and then the servers keep crashing so I gave up!

#3 Posted by Ovirew (6393 posts) -

I don't think this is really the right place for this topic. But I will say that I have a PS4, and I didn't really have the desire to try out the alpha.

#4 Posted by magicalclick (22804 posts) -

Sounds like a typical MMO.

#5 Edited by a55a55inx (4187 posts) -

Destiny never really interested me. Don't get me wrong, I used to be a huge Bungie fan since Halo CE... but I started to lose interest in their games when they released Halo ODST, Halo reach etc...

#6 Posted by BattleSpectre (6227 posts) -

You sound like an asshole TC, a typical fanboy. Post this in System Wars.

#7 Posted by vatorus (14 posts) -

@BattleSpectre: You have the "Ford" logo for your profile picture, how pathetic is that? I pity you so bad, I can't even insult you....

#8 Edited by slimdogmilionar (562 posts) -

@BattleSpectre: Your post is the one that should be in system wars by posting here I'm guessing TC didn't want this to turn into a flame war. So now people are assholes for not wanting to argue about completely subjective topics. Logic=Cow

#9 Edited by BattleSpectre (6227 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

@BattleSpectre: Your post is the one that should be in system wars by posting here I'm guessing TC didn't want this to turn into a flame war. So now people are assholes for not wanting to argue about completely subjective topics. Logic=Cow

Are you even listening to yourself right now? The TC is clearly bashing the PS4 which IS NOT ALLOWED here. This is a section for people to discuss all things Xbox related, not to bring other consoles into the discussion and take a shit on them - which TC is clearly doing.

I suggest you both read up on the rules of Gamespot, because lord knows you need them. If the TC really wanted to discuss the Destiny Alpha he would have posted this on the PlayStation Forum, he clearly wanted to bash and take a shit on the PS4 as his post proves.

@vatorus I'm pathetic because I like Fords and use it as my display picture? So everyone on this site that uses a display picture of something they like is pathetic? Yeah very smart mate. Also I work for Ford, so think before you open your mouth next time ay? =]

#10 Posted by Jaysonguy (37683 posts) -

@vatorus said:

Fear not fellow Xboxers, I was dumb enough to buy a PS4 and I got in on the Destiny Alpha...you didn't miss a thing. There were random missions that felt like grinding because they all boiled down to "Kill 10 enemies"

2 missions, yes 2, just 2, in an environment about the size of a Battlefield map (on Conquest Large). Level cap of 8 and you START at 3.9. Yep, you start about 100 XP from level 4.

It was a total joke, PS4 owners got shit

It's bad enough that you're a fool, but you're a lying fool.

What you're talking about didn't happen in the Alpha.

I'm sure it makes you feel better about yourself to lie though so let's hear your next one.....

#11 Posted by magicalclick (22804 posts) -

Hey guys, leave Ford out of this. I am a happy 1997 Ford Escort owner, and I am still happily driving it.

#12 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4167 posts) -

The Destiny Alpha was some of the best multiplayer I have played in a very long time. In the meantime while I wait for the Beta, gaming is going to suck for about a month.

#13 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2101 posts) -

@Murderstyle75 said:

The Destiny Alpha was some of the best multiplayer I have played in a very long time. In the meantime while I wait for the Beta, gaming is going to suck for about a month.

Im assuming since you are on the XBOX board that you own either or both of the 360 and X1. Also, I assume that you know that the Destiny beta will be on the X1 and 360 riiight???

#14 Edited by legendofsense (71 posts) -

@vatorus said:

Fear not fellow Xboxers, I was dumb enough to buy a PS4 and I got in on the Destiny Alpha...you didn't miss a thing. There were random missions that felt like grinding because they all boiled down to "Kill 10 enemies"

2 missions, yes 2, just 2, in an environment about the size of a Battlefield map (on Conquest Large). Level cap of 8 and you START at 3.9. Yep, you start about 100 XP from level 4.

It was a total joke, PS4 owners got shit

Yup, belongs in system wars.

#15 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4167 posts) -

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS:

Umm, I own a 360 and have owned Xbox consoles for 13 years. Just no interest in an Xbox One for a couple more years after a real price drop unless a real must have exclusive releases. For example, Destiny would have been that exclusive if only Microsoft wasn't so wrapped up in Halo.

Look. I'm not trying to play System Wars here and my post was directed more towards the fanboy TC who obviously doesn't know what was included in the Alpha. Most people were t even playing the missions and they were there more as a pre-multiplayer training exercise. And since the game is coming on all four consoles, I was giving the rest a heads up that the game really is going to be that good since it is a Destiny topic and all

#16 Posted by Jaysonguy (37683 posts) -

@Murderstyle75 said:

For example, Destiny would have been that exclusive if only Microsoft wasn't so wrapped up in Halo.

Not at all true

#17 Edited by Murderstyle75 (4167 posts) -

@Jaysonguy:

According to who? You? Bungie and Microsoft had a very tight relationship. Bungie may be pretty secretive about how everything went down but with what we know from other developers, Microsoft doesn't really allow them to work on more then one IP. Kind of sucks that most of the founders over at Rare quit because they were not allowed to make games like Killer Instinct. Both Rare and FASA has said some interesting things about how Microsoft treats studios. According to Jordan Weismann who created Mech Warrior, Microsoft almost killed Bungie completely.

#18 Posted by Bigboi500 (29999 posts) -

Another Xbox fan with sour grapes.

#19 Posted by MarcRecon (5842 posts) -

@vatorus said:

Fear not fellow Xboxers, I was dumb enough to buy a PS4 and I got in on the Destiny Alpha...you didn't miss a thing. There were random missions that felt like grinding because they all boiled down to "Kill 10 enemies"

2 missions, yes 2, just 2, in an environment about the size of a Battlefield map (on Conquest Large). Level cap of 8 and you START at 3.9. Yep, you start about 100 XP from level 4.

It was a total joke, PS4 owners got shit

What are you like....12? lol

#20 Edited by sukraj (23040 posts) -

To each his own I'm not getting destiny it just doesn't interest me at all but I wouldn't bash it .

#21 Posted by Mercuria1_King (276 posts) -

It was an Alpha, what do you expect?

#22 Posted by SolidTy (43752 posts) -

I didn't like the Alpha much, but I am not judging the final product either. Eh.

#23 Posted by Mercuria1_King (276 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

I didn't like the Alpha much, but I am not judging the final product either. Eh.

What didn't you like about the Alpha?

#24 Posted by Mesomorphin (826 posts) -

Dumb enough to buy a ps4? huh.....well I guess it is currently suffering with games. And the idea that Sony is rooting for Destiny to be its "System Seller" in itself is a fucking joke, given its a multiplat game developed by BUNGIE! anyone who owns both systems will easily choose the xbox version, where the roots of Bungie has grown. More on-topic, we get our go at the beta next week I believe, should be interesting!

#25 Posted by Mercuria1_King (276 posts) -

@mesomorphin said:

Dumb enough to buy a ps4? huh.....well I guess it is currently suffering with games. And the idea that Sony is rooting for Destiny to be its "System Seller" in itself is a fucking joke, given its a multiplat game developed by BUNGIE! anyone who owns both systems will easily choose the xbox version, where the roots of Bungie has grown. More on-topic, we get our go at the beta next week I believe, should be interesting!

I hope that we do get our hands on the beta next week, I can't wait.

#26 Edited by SolidTy (43752 posts) -

@mercuria1_king said:

@SolidTy said:

I didn't like the Alpha much, but I am not judging the final product either. Eh.

What didn't you like about the Alpha?

I didn't like the MMO feel, always online, the Borderlands meets Halo vibe. It just wasn't compelling to me. I wrote a whole lot more in other posts, but that's the gist of it. I don't think it was a joke like the TC, I could see how others are excited and liking it as I walked in the Alpha and I kept getting party invites. It just wasn't a game I thought I would like. I was excited to start it, but after a few hours I got bored and realized it's not my style of game. I should say though, I've been getting bored of FPS more and more over the last five years.

BTW:

Xbone Beta starts July 21st.

On July 17, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 players can begin playing the Destiny Beta, which picks up from the beginning of the game and includes a handful of Story missions, a Strike mission, and a selection of PvP Crucible maps. The beta will then go offline for maintenance on Monday, July 21, and return on PS4, PS3, Xbone, and Xbox 360 on Wednesday, July 23. The beta ends on Sunday, July 27.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/07/destiny-beta-details-announced-collectors-edition-revealed-and-unboxed-ign-first

#27 Edited by SolidTy (43752 posts) -
@mesomorphin said:

Dumb enough to buy a ps4? huh.....well I guess it is currently suffering with games. And the idea that Sony is rooting for Destiny to be its "System Seller" in itself is a fucking joke, given its a multiplat game developed by BUNGIE! anyone who owns both systems will easily choose the xbox version, where the roots of Bungie has grown. More on-topic, we get our go at the beta next week I believe, should be interesting!

I don't think I'm ever buying it after playing the Alpha and I'm signed up for the Beta, but since I own both machines I can tell you considering the PS4 version has more content and the PS4 has more power for graphics under the hood (although for this game it's not a big deal since it's primarily a PS360 game), I would buy Destiny for the PS4 over the Xbone version due to content and future graphics potential in the sequels. To answer, I have a long time relationship with Bungie and yes I owned all the Halos since each launch since 2001. I was there in line at every Halo launch at midnight. So, you are incorrect on that notion...but I honestly have no interest in even buying Destiny. Maybe the Beta time will change my mind, eh. It's not a big deal, but it's worth noting that even time with the Beta is longer if you have a PS4, behold:

On July 17, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 players can begin playing the beta, which picks up from the beginning of the game and includes a handful of Story missions, a Strike mission, and a selection of PvP Crucible maps. The beta will then go offline for maintenance on Monday, July 21, and return on PS4, PS3, Xbone, and Xbox 360 on Wednesday, July 23. The beta ends on Sunday, July 27.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/07/destiny-beta-details-announced-collectors-edition-revealed-and-unboxed-ign-first

This article came out yesterday about Bungie making this game on PS and Xbox:

Some Bungie Fans Feel Betrayed About Destiny's PlayStation Perks

http://kotaku.com/destinys-playstation-perks-leaves-some-bungie-fans-feel-1601887748

"Associating Bungie with Halo and Xbox is so last-gen. This generation, Bungie plans to release their newest game, Destiny, on both PlayStation and Xbox platforms—but some fans perceive console favoritism, and they're not happy about it.

If you've paid attention to Destiny at all in the past year, then you probably know what sorts of things have set some of the Bungie playerbase off. Sony has embraced the multiplatform shooter so much that, based on marketing alone, I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking that Destiny was PlayStation exclusive. During E3, Sony opened with Destiny—and they boasted about how players would be able to play the game first on PlayStation. Sure enough, the Destiny alpha turned out to be PS4 only—and the upcoming Destiny beta will launch on PlayStation first, too. When I played Destiny earlier this year, before the public had access to the game, it was on the PS4. When the game actually releases, PlayStation Destiny owners will also enjoy console-exclusive content—such as multiplayer maps, a mission, and special items. The game will be a PlayStation exclusive in Japan."

#28 Posted by Mercuria1_King (276 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@mercuria1_king said:

@SolidTy said:

I didn't like the Alpha much, but I am not judging the final product either. Eh.

What didn't you like about the Alpha?

I didn't like the MMO feel, always online, the Borderlands meets Halo vibe. It just wasn't compelling to me. I wrote a whole lot more in other posts, but that's the gist of it. I don't think it was a joke like the TC, I could see how others are excited and liking it as I walked in the Alpha and I kept getting party invites. It just wasn't a game I thought I would like. I was excited to start it, but after a few hours I got bored and realized it's not my style of game. I should say though, I've been getting bored of FPS more and more over the last five years.

BTW:

Xbone Beta starts July 21st.

On July 17, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 players can begin playing the Destiny Beta, which picks up from the beginning of the game and includes a handful of Story missions, a Strike mission, and a selection of PvP Crucible maps. The beta will then go offline for maintenance on Monday, July 21, and return on PS4, PS3, Xbone, and Xbox 360 on Wednesday, July 23. The beta ends on Sunday, July 27.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/07/destiny-beta-details-announced-collectors-edition-revealed-and-unboxed-ign-first

I can understand where you are coming from, I plan on playing the beta on the 21st and maybe even playing a demo before I decide to get Destiny. Overall I think it will be a must have game but I still have my doubts about it,

So what is your favorite genre at the moment?

#29 Edited by SolidTy (43752 posts) -

@mercuria1_king said:

@SolidTy said:

@mercuria1_king said:

@SolidTy said:

I didn't like the Alpha much, but I am not judging the final product either. Eh.

What didn't you like about the Alpha?

I didn't like the MMO feel, always online, the Borderlands meets Halo vibe. It just wasn't compelling to me. I wrote a whole lot more in other posts, but that's the gist of it. I don't think it was a joke like the TC, I could see how others are excited and liking it as I walked in the Alpha and I kept getting party invites. It just wasn't a game I thought I would like. I was excited to start it, but after a few hours I got bored and realized it's not my style of game. I should say though, I've been getting bored of FPS more and more over the last five years.

BTW:

Xbone Beta starts July 21st.

On July 17, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 players can begin playing the Destiny Beta, which picks up from the beginning of the game and includes a handful of Story missions, a Strike mission, and a selection of PvP Crucible maps. The beta will then go offline for maintenance on Monday, July 21, and return on PS4, PS3, Xbone, and Xbox 360 on Wednesday, July 23. The beta ends on Sunday, July 27.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/07/destiny-beta-details-announced-collectors-edition-revealed-and-unboxed-ign-first

I can understand where you are coming from, I plan on playing the beta on the 21st and maybe even playing a demo before I decide to get Destiny. Overall I think it will be a must have game but I still have my doubts about it,

So what is your favorite genre at the moment?

Hmmm...I never thought about that.

I'm all about fresh experiences, but if I had to pigeonhole it, Action-Adventure games...maybe RPGs and RTS games as a backup. What really excites me is games that don't feel like other games. FTL for instance I love that indie game on PC. It just came out of left field and has bad graphics, but I love that game. I just loved being surprised. That happened recently with The Last of Us. I enjoyed that much more than I thought I would. I really love a good single player experience. Towerfall is fantastic 4 players I recently got for free. I love co op games as well, as long as it's not with randoms. I'm looking forward to Sunset Overdrive as I loved Ratchet and Clank games and everything I've seen of that game looks to be Ratchet and Clank Gameplay rolled up in a Dead Rising type universe.