The Broken 360 Thread v. 3 -- RROD, E74 Queries In Here.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 0

#1 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts

Broken Xbox 360 Information and Discussion Thread

READ HERE FIRST

Any discussions involving ways to intentionally damage your console for the purpose of having warranty work done is NOT ALLOWED. Such discussions may lead to a user being moderated or possibly banned. You have been warned.

Welcome to the latest revision of the Broken 360 Information and Discussion Thread! Hopefully the information contained in this thread will help solve any problems that you may have, or at least point you in the right direction to find the answers. Please note that any other threads discussing broken 360s outside of this thread will be locked with the possibility of moderation.

General Links and Information

Useful Links

Official Xbox 360 Site

Xbox 360 Support Section

Official Xbox Forums

Official Xbox Technical Support Board

Xbox 360 Warranty Information

Original Broken Xbox 360 Thread | Second Revision

General Troubleshooting Links

Screen Freezing

Image not appearing on screen

Manually ejecting a disc

Specific Component Troubleshooting Links

Disc Drive

Dashboard

System Error Messages

Dashboard Updates

Ring of Light

Flashing Lights

Getting Your 360 Repaired Under Warranty (One year coverage from purchase for general problems, Three year warranty specifically for the RROD)

To receive instructions for obtaining repair or replacement warranty services you must either:

Internet: Simply follow the steps on the Xbox.com support site at the following link.

IMPORTANT: This link requires you to sign into your Live Passport. Please double check any link before you put in your username and password

Repair your console

Call: Within the U.S., U.S. Territories and Canada: 1-800-4MY-XBOX (1-800-469-9269); TTY users: 1-866-740-XBOX (1-866-740-9269); or
Complete process online.

You must also:

1. Submit proof of purchase in the form of a bona fide, dated bill of sale, receipt, or invoice (or a copy) evidencing that your request for service is made within the Warranty Period.

2. Follow Microsoft's shipping and other instructions if it determines that all or part of your Xbox Product requires return for repair or replacement. To obtain the warranty service, you must take or deliver the Xbox Product in suitable packaging that provides an adequate degree of protection against damage during transit, to the location specified by Microsoft. Except as otherwise required by legislation in your jurisdiction, costs associated with transport (including packaging) for warranty service shall be at your expense.

3. Delete or remove any files or data you consider private or confidential prior to sending the Xbox Product to Microsoft.

Failure to follow the above instructions may result in delays, cause you to incur additional charges, or may void your warranty.

Additional assistance via phone, e-mail or live chat

Xbox 360 Error Codes

Sections 1,2,3, and 4 are flashing red.

Indicates: The AV Cable cannot be detected

Solution
Firstly ensure that the AV Cable is still securely connected to the console, and that it hasn't slowly worked itself out. If that doesn't do anything, try cleaning the plug (the part that connects to the console) with a dry cloth. If the console still doesn't detect the cable, and you are able to source another, try using that cable; if that works, the cable is faulty and will need to be replaced. If the new cable also does not work, the AV port on the console could be faulty, which will require repair.

Sections 1,3 and 4 are flashing red.

Indicates: General Hardware Failure

Solution
Attempt to restart the console, if it boots and the error does not reappear, then you're fine for the moment; be aware though that this could be a sign of an oncoming complete failure which will need to be repaired. If it does not boot, disconnect everything from the Xbox, then reconnect and turn the console back on. If that also does not work, ensure that the power supply (the large box connecting to the console) has a green light when the console turns on (when the console is off, it's normal for the light to be yellow). If the power supply does not show green, then disconnect the power supply, and try another power socket; if that does not work, you will need to send your console in for repair.

Sections 1 and 3 are flashing red.

Indicates: Overheating

Solution
Wait for the console to cool down by itself, and once the temperature has dropped far enough, you'll be able to use it again. However, if the console is overheating, it's generally a good idea to move it to a location which has good ventilation on all sides, as enclosed spaces heat up far quicker then open spaces.

Section 4 is flashing red.

Indicates: Various, specific error code will appear on your TV

E67, E68, E79
These could all have something to do with the hard-drive. Try taking the hard-drive out from the 360 and playing without it. If the error message disappears, then your hard-drive is faulty, and you will need to get a replacement. If the error message still appears, then something else is wrong with your 360, and you will need to send in the 360 for repair.

Any Other Error Message
Any other error message is not user-serviceable. You will need to return your console for repair.

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the new Xbox 360 revisions (Falcon and Jasper)?

Since its release, the Xbox 360 has had two different hardware revisions released in retail, Falcon (which was released first) and Jasper (which is the current revision). These revisions have progressively reduced the chance that a console will experience the RROD by addressing one of the key factors, heat.

The Falcon revision reduced the CPU down to a 65nm manufacturing process, and Jasper reduced the GPU down to a 65nm process as well. Put simply, by moving down to a 65nm process, the CPU and GPU require less power to run, and less power results in less heat being output. This means that the temperature inside the console will be lower, reducing the chance of overheating and also the RROD.

How do I tell what revision console I am buying/receiving from the repair center?

Currently the most reliable way to tell which revision the console is, is by checking the wattage of the powersupply, which can be found on the powersupply itself. Falcon revision consoles have a 175W powersupply, while Jasper consoles have a 150W powersupply. The original console had a 203W powersupply.

Since getting a new console back from the repair center, I can't use any of my purchased XBL Marketplace content without being signed into Xbox Live. How do I fix this?

As the DRM used for Marketplace Content locks the purchased content to both the Console it was purchased on, and your own Gamer Tag, the only way you previously were able to use it on another console was to be signed into Xbox Live with your Gamer Tag, otherwise you were locked out.

Generally the content licenses were transferred to the new console at the repair center, but occasionally they weren't. However, Microsoft now provide a way on the Xbox.com website to manually transfer the content licenses yourself to a new console.

License Migration

Be warned that you can only do this once every 12 months for a Gamer Tag.

How do I clear all game updates, and the console game cache?

1. Go to the System Blade
2. Go to "Memory"
3. Press Y on the Hard-Drive
4. Then push X, X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X, X
5. Select yes on the message that appears.

Should I have a 360 plugged into a surge protector?

Apparently the official word from Microsoft support is that the Xbox 360 should be plugged directly into the wall, bypassing any sort of surge protection.

Q. How does the return process work?

1. Ring 1-800-4-MYXBOX, and follow through the prompts untill you manage to speak to a real person.
2. They'll ask for your serial number, and you may need to register your console if it isn't already.
3. Then they will give you a Support Reference No. # and repair centre address, which you will need later, and send to you the shipping box.
4. Once you receive the shipping box, place your console into the shipping box, sans any memory cards and controllers -- and make sure that there aren't any game disks in the 360 as well.
5. Ontop of the 360, make sure that you have the following information on a piece of paper :

1. Support Reference #
2. 360 Serial Number
3. Your name
4. Return address

6. Place the shipping label that you got with the box ontop of the box, and put the repair centre address on the shipping label.
7. Now ship the box, and play the waiting game
8. After some time, you'll recieve the shipping box back with your new Xbox 360!

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
same process can be done at xbox.com instead of calling in.
skyskeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 skyskeek
Member since 2009 • 39 Posts
to keep from getting rrod after they have been repaired set the xbox360 on fans an blow air up through the vents on both sides you can also keep the power supply cool by putting a little fan on one side at the vent holes an blow air through it this would problemly help a new xbox360 the air blowing out the back is still to warm my case on my xbox360 is cold to the touch
myown01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 myown01
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Hi Everyone: I live in Halifax, N.S., Canada. Here's my prob. I have a replaced Xbox 360 (yes, I've sent it back for various repairs 3 times already). this time it has the no audio/no video problem. I've tried ALL the support options, to no avail. The green light is on and you can hear the fan, etc. running but that's all. I called the xbox support line, but all I get are recordings and no REAL person to talk to. Now in the meantime I've purchased a new Xbox Elite, which is registered on their web site, but I can't seem to register the white Xbox 360, so I can't request an repair order there either. So I tried to register it again, and it said the seriel # is already registered. ARRGG!! I'm at my wits end trying to find a way to get this thing fixed. The last time I had to send it for repairs, I no probs and sent it off to Ont. for a (probably refurbished) replacement. Anyone have an other ideas I can try?

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#6 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
Have you tried the online chat feature on Xbox.com, or is that only for the US?
djmillard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 djmillard2
Member since 2005 • 1372 Posts
good update to the guide
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tjeremiah1988
Have you tried the online chat feature on Xbox.com, or is that only for the US?CodingGenius
Yes, I dont know about US only though. Its basically the same process and faster than waiting on the phone to speak to a representative. Just log in, register your console, and request repair. There will be 3 options for you to choose. If you decide for them to send a box they will send one to you. Before sending it off they will ask you to type what is wrong with the console, thats it. I fount it faster than dialing up MS.
pwner372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pwner372
Member since 2007 • 463 Posts
what are some of your return times on an E74 error and what did you get back? ie-refurb, new, etc. My xbox is on delivery in mesquite tx to the repair center right now so it will be there today.
prophet22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 prophet22
Member since 2004 • 46 Posts
to keep from getting rrod after they have been repaired set the xbox360 on fans an blow air up through the vents on both sides you can also keep the power supply cool by putting a little fan on one side at the vent holes an blow air through it this would problemly help a new xbox360 the air blowing out the back is still to warm my case on my xbox360 is cold to the touchskyskeek
Heat is not the only main cause of RROD. Even though the majority is heat realated i.e. Soldering coming loose on the bored or melting due to heat, but also it can be for any number of reasons such as dvd drive breaking.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11856 Posts

great thread

lots of info and links

thanks

him42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 him42
Member since 2004 • 6811 Posts

To those who towel tricked their 360 before sending it back to MS, should I wait til my 360 is RRODing again before I send it in?

Microsoft is waiting for me to send them my console. After I got the RROD, I did the towel trick and it worked for a day, until it RROD'd again. I did the towel trick a 2nd time, and my 360 has been working perfectly for the last 4 days. I want to send it back, but I am worried about sending it back while it is still working.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tjeremiah1988

To those who towel tricked their 360 before sending it back to MS, should I wait til my 360 is RRODing again before I send it in?

Microsoft is waiting for me to send them my console. After I got the RROD, I did the towel trick and it worked for a day, until it RROD'd again. I did the towel trick a 2nd time, and my 360 has been working perfectly for the last 4 days. I want to send it back, but I am worried about sending it back while it is still working.

him42
send it. It will red ring when it gets there.
him42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 him42
Member since 2004 • 6811 Posts
[QUOTE="him42"]

Tjeremiah1988
send it. It will red ring when it gets there.

why is that?
U_Got_Boyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 U_Got_Boyd
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
why does wrapping towels around it fix rrod (well for a little while) ? I mean isnt rrod caused by overheating..? wouldnt wrapping towels around it over heat it more lol makes no sense
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#16 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Kind of sucks how there are three versions for broken 360's...damnit MS
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
Anyone have any idea to fix a 360 that dosn't read discs. >_> I went through all the troubleshooting methods on the 360 site. -.- I really dont want to send it to get it fixed. :|
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Tjeremiah1988
why does wrapping towels around it fix rrod (well for a little while) ? I mean isnt rrod caused by overheating..? wouldnt wrapping towels around it over heat it more lol makes no sense U_Got_Boyd
idk, 360 is a strange console that you have to overheat for it to work for awhile :? , I dont get it. But keep on doing it, it will eventually die.
pockets187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 pockets187
Member since 2004 • 281 Posts

I came home from work tonight and turned my xbox 360 elite on and was surprised to see a red light with the error message E74. I have spent hours online trying to see what had happened and if it is covered under the 3 year RROD policy. It appears that many people have been experiencing this particular issue lately and seems like it is the whole RROD thing all over again but a different version of it.

I have seen people posting that the 3 year warranty is only for those that have the 3 RROD and not just the 1. I have tried the solutions which were posted on microsoft to try and unplug everything and then try to start the system without the hard drive to see if it was a faulty hard drive. I still get the same error, and I am sure Microsoft isnt available at this kind of hour, so I will have to call them tomorrow.

I hope that this will fall under their warranty since I got my elite on the day the elite came out, and it has been almost 2 years, but I have seen many people are now experiencing the E74. I had seen some rumors about the new dashboard update had been causing systems to RROD, so hope that isnt the case for me since it appears my system may be out of warranty.

Wish me luck guys, and I will try and let you know how it goes tomorrow.

skyskeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 skyskeek

There was a place on E-Bay that you could get repairs done for $34.95+shipping,they had a machine that done resoldering

BadBoy_Lo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BadBoy_Lo
Member since 2009 • 121 Posts
[QUOTE="U_Got_Boyd"]why does wrapping towels around it fix rrod (well for a little while) ? I mean isnt rrod caused by overheating..? wouldnt wrapping towels around it over heat it more lol makes no sense Tjeremiah1988
idk, 360 is a strange console that you have to overheat for it to work for awhile :? , I dont get it. But keep on doing it, it will eventually die.

**sigh**

the RROD are caused by overheating, yes, but an overheating GPU/CPUI more specifically -- NOT just an overheated system (in general). The reason for this is that the connection between the heatsinks and GPU/CPU chips might as well have been made with silly puddy bc they suck and after a while come loose. When the chip cant dissipate heat via the sinks, they overheat and BLAMMO!

what the towel trick does is block all vent holes and exhaust so that the inside of the box gets H.O.T. By doing that, the thermal paste (silly puddY) between the sinks and the chip reheats and reforms a connection. Let it cool again and now the chip can dissipate heat again and [should] work.

ive already devoutly protested this method, so ill leave it at that. just dont do it
pockets187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 pockets187
Member since 2004 • 281 Posts
I had no luck with xbox today when I called. They stated since it isnt the 3 red lights RROD issue then it only falls under the 1 year warranty and it will cost me $100 to have it repaired.
Aceconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Aceconn
Well,i've been doing the "towel trick"for about a year now....it still works,& it still gives me five day's of gaming.But,i cant have it repaired because i bought it used.But,i just cant believe microsoft is getting away with this.I dont care if they fix it for free,It shouldnt break in the first place.I dont know if im the only one who feel's this way but i would love to see microsoft get sue'd for all theyre worth!I pay'd alot of money for my 360 to play it not for it to fail in the first couple weeks.it turns out those ugly@ss towels my mom get's me every year are a better investment!My opinion is that microsoft REALLY fix the problem,not lie and keep producing garbage.I wouldnt waste my time sending it in even if i could,because i have friends who have done that...6 times.I'm going to sacrifice online quality,& lack of software for a system that WORKS!& get a PS3.They should bury this system right next to the E.T. games in Newmexico.
skyskeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 skyskeek
Plugging vent holes is suppose to get the board so hot that it remelts the solder joints I would be afraid to try this if you get it to hot the little cap. will fall off the circuits plus you may damage the processor then you can give it to the junk man I don't know of any repair service that can replace them so this is not a good idea most repair services warrent them for 6 months and never to get the red lites again,it only cost about $70+shipping and you could probemly get an extented warrenty
BadBoy_Lo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BadBoy_Lo
Plugging vent holes is suppose to get the board so hot that it remelts the solder joints I would be afraid to try this if you get it to hot the little cap. will fall off the circuits plus you may damage the processor then you can give it to the junk man I don't know of any repair service that can replace them so this is not a good idea most repair services warrent them for 6 months and never to get the red lites again,it only cost about $70+shipping and you could probemly get an extented warrentyskyskeek
umm..no.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tjeremiah1988
so MS is done repairing. They said theyll send me the tracking number. I went to xbox.com to check status and next to the console it saids : Xbox 360 Rtrn/Refurb Pro. So i take it that im getting a refurbished console?
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Toriko42
Got my 360 back today working perfectly and I think it may be a Falcon Chip!
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#29 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Alot of people know i am a huge MS supporter (own the xbox and xbxo360 and own 35+ games on 360 and about 25 for normal xbox), but these problems have really irritated me. It really sucks is you are out of warranty and the problems just happen way to much. 50% of my friends list have had problems, all my family/relatives have had problems with there 360s and alot of people online have aswell.

Ive owned every console since atari and nes and ive never had a system break this often. I take great care of my electronics nad music equipment and its just a pain to see these system be so un-reliable.

Best lineup of games maybe ever for a console the 360, but boy is it the most unreliable (only other sytem have had break on me was ps1 one time). MS better get there hardware problems better for next gen or i might not support them.

A fantastic amazing system (amazing games, best controller ever and best online ever), but hampered by hardware failures, thats the 360s story imo.

Aceconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Aceconn
I used to be a supporter of MS too,but i refuse to support a company that sell's defective hardware,& then lie's about fixing it.Even though the PS3 doesnt have a strong lineup of games i think it will by the end of this year.Until i find out that MS has fixed the problem,Wich i doubt will happen soon,i have no faith in them.They are like a butterknife that break's when ur spreading butter(simply put).
Alizerothree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#31 Alizerothree
Member since 2008 • 1043 Posts
I just bought a Xbox Arcade in December and already the disk drive is scratching up my games. I called MS and they are sending me a package so I can get it fixed. But come on...!!! 2 months and already this!?!
ricemack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ricemack
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts

I'm on my third 360 now, it sucks when they rrod on you. Very impressed with my 2nd return. It only took 7days to go from england to germany and back. 3 months away from my 3 year warranty, so when this one breaks its £60 or buy a new one time. Its crap that this is such a common problem but it's all worth it when your online!

Just out of interest - has anyone sent the old version (without hdmi) and got a new one back (with hdmi) ??

duvalbosnian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 duvalbosnian
Member since 2009 • 111 Posts
just dont play for a long period of time like dont play 5 or more hours straight your just asking for it if you do
shawnyboy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 shawnyboy12
Member since 2006 • 280 Posts
Hey guys, I just got the 1 red ring in the bottom-right quadrant yesterday with the e74 and am sending it in. I was just wondering how to prevent future issues like overheating and stuff and maybe thought a usb laptop cooler under my xbox which is placed horizontally might do the trick due to my lack of space for my xbox, you think that might be effective to keep it cool?
LostSoul781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LostSoul781
Member since 2003 • 1630 Posts
after over a year of having my xbox it finally died. I was surprised I wasnt anygry. I think its befauce it was going to happen eventually.
Aceconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Aceconn
Man,u SHOULD be mad!How much did you pay for that thing?Also, about not playing it for too long in one go-I would play my F'ing ps2 & XboX for hours upon hours & they are last gen.The PS3 u can play for hours as well as the Wii.Ya know, a computer is worth owning as soon as u get it online but that doesnt mean that when it breaks it was worth it espescially after only a year!They simply charge too much for these products that continue to FAIL.
xL33TxTALENTx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xL33TxTALENTx
Member since 2009 • 199 Posts

My xbox gets one, two, three, and four red rings quite often but all I have to do is turn it off and turn it back on.

Why does this happen?

skyskeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 skyskeek
On E-Bay there is a sale on red lite repair for $34.95 if there is more wrong it cost $71.90+$15 shipping they warrent it for 6 months they say it willn't red lite again they have a 3% return rate check it out the sale ends soon there is another place in NEW York city that repairs them for $89 they repair every thing that is wrong
skyskeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 skyskeek
You can tell a Falcon chip console by the power supply it will have a 175 watt power supply
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Tjeremiah1988
I should be receiving my 360 back from MS next week. How can I tell if its a Falcon?
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Toriko42
Well it's hard to tell but you can tell by ear a lot. I am 100% sure mine is a Falcon since it runs 20x cooler then my old one and it's a lot quieter when running discs.
twinsnakes91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 twinsnakes91
Member since 2007 • 304 Posts
My 360 started freezing on me today. Currently, it freezes about 4 seconds after turning it on. I removed the hard drive and it still froze. No red lights come on, they just act normally. Is it the end of the line or is there something I can do? I'm looking at buying an elite with Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indiana Jones for $399 plus a free $50 Best Buy gift card link . Does anyone know of a better deal?
xL33TxTALENTx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 xL33TxTALENTx
Member since 2009 • 199 Posts
I would say just go with a refurbished xbox. They're only about $199 and they run better then a brand new machine.
twinsnakes91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 twinsnakes91
Member since 2007 • 304 Posts
Ok. It just started flashing the 3 red lights, so I'll have to see how long ago I bought it.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
do they send me my xbox 360 to me?
blind_30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 blind_30
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts

Hi Everyone: I live in Halifax, N.S., Canada. Here's my prob. I have a replaced Xbox 360 (yes, I've sent it back for various repairs 3 times already). this time it has the no audio/no video problem. I've tried ALL the support options, to no avail. The green light is on and you can hear the fan, etc. running but that's all. I called the xbox support line, but all I get are recordings and no REAL person to talk to. Now in the meantime I've purchased a new Xbox Elite, which is registered on their web site, but I can't seem to register the white Xbox 360, so I can't request an repair order there either. So I tried to register it again, and it said the seriel # is already registered. ARRGG!! I'm at my wits end trying to find a way to get this thing fixed. The last time I had to send it for repairs, I no probs and sent it off to Ont. for a (probably refurbished) replacement. Anyone have an other ideas I can try?

myown01

hey man i know how you feel. Im from new glasgow N.S canada and i know that the xbox canada phone line sucks ass. Anyways when you call and it asks you to say the problem or whatever you have to say agent then it will put you through to an agent to talk to. You can get them to check if its registered and everything.

Mr_Glorius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#49 Mr_Glorius
Member since 2008 • 58 Posts

Here's my deal. I bought a 360 Pro about 6 monts ago. About a month ago I upgraded my hard drive to a 120 gig. Since then I have had mild problems with my system. It sometimes freezes and is noisier than the 60 gig that came with the system, not to mention the fans work hard at times where they were quiet before.

I know hard drives often make noise, but I am wondering if the 360 Elite ran a bit smoother since it is packaged with the hardware already?

Black5tar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Black5tar
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I checked my Xbox status and it says billing information recieved. Does that mean I will be charged for the repairs? My Xbox is still under it's 1st year of warranty so that should cover everything right? I had the red rings, but sometimes it would show up and sometimes not. I will be really pissed off if I have to pay (they didn't even mail me a coffin i had to pay). It also says "Your repaired console has been shipped and is on its way back to you." So is it actually on the way or will i be billed first? It's been on Billing recieved for about 2 days now, and console has been shipped for the same time period, but no location.