The best local multiplayer games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by moshakirby18 (1665 posts) -
I'm a very recent and very proud owner of an xbox 360 (60gb) and was wondering what the best games to play with your friends are.

I currently only have Gears of War and Dead Rising
#2 Posted by moshakirby18 (1665 posts) -
Come on guys, are you telling me there are no good local multiplayer games?
#3 Posted by 09Nick (18 posts) -

Gears of war 1+2, Rainbow six Vegas 1+2, Rockband 1+2, Marvel ultimate alliance, Soul Calibur IV, Halo 3, Fight night 3.

Just a few off the top of my head, I think COD5 will let you play local co-op through the main game, and maybe Left 4 dead and Fable2, but I'm really not sure on those last two.

#4 Posted by moshakirby18 (1665 posts) -
Is castle crashers local multiplayer?
#5 Posted by DZBricktop (2914 posts) -
Too early. Theres noone here. What type of games do you like? ViVa Pinata TiP is a good local multi. Gears. Halo 3. Rockband. Any Lego game is a great local co-op. PGR 3. PGR 4. RB6V. RB6V2.
#6 Posted by mohfrontline (5678 posts) -

as much as I hate to say it:

Halo 3. This has tons of options for custom games to play with your friends.

You could also try Gears of War, GRAW 2, and Rainbow Six Vegas like the other poster said.

#7 Posted by 09Nick (18 posts) -
You can also play all the Lego games in co-op mode, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Batman. Not saying they are worth playing , just telling you your options.
#8 Posted by ZimpanX (12636 posts) -
Halo 3, Dead or Alive 4, PGR4, Rainbow Six Vegas, Soul Calibur IV, Army of Two etc.
#9 Posted by The_Fulcrum (1 posts) -

Hello,

Here is a list of local MP games that are co-op on Xbox & 360

1 TV

Halo 1, 2 & 3

Baldurs gate (Superb)

Rainbow Six Vegas

Fable 2

Call of duty 5

Unreal Tournament 3

LAN

Colin Mcrae Dirt

Command & Conquer red alert 3

Command & Conquer Tiberium Wars

#10 Posted by moshakirby18 (1665 posts) -
Looking for something a bit quiirky rather than just your typical shoot em up, I'll check out Viva Pinata
#11 Edited by Miguel_Monte (6 posts) -

Here is a video with 10 great Xbox 360 games which all can be played by 1 - 4 players at the same time (local multiplayer): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMBCWIyVSMA

#12 Posted by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

This thread is old, like your mumma.

#13 Posted by Venom951 (365 posts) -

Borderlands 1 and 2

#15 Edited by werewillf (48 posts) -

Halo and Gears of War have great co-op campaigns. Borderlands are my favourite local co-op though.