The best game for gamerpoints

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by 00camsco01 (65 posts) -
what is the best game for gamerpoints
#2 Posted by jayjay7117 (194 posts) -

If you're talking about the easiest to get...

1. Almost any sports game such as NBA2k(insert year) or NCAA B-ball. You can adjust your competition's strenght and get the points very quickly.

2. By far the quickest game I have gotten 1000 on is Avitar (yes I have kids so don't make fun). You literally can get 1000 in about 5 minutes - in the first few moments of the opening level.

#3 Posted by Sk8OrSk8 (315 posts) -
You have kids and yet you still can not spell. It is Avatar not Avitar.
#4 Posted by gamermanps2 (1220 posts) -
Viva pinata or any game with an invincibility cheat such as ghost recon 1
#5 Posted by Sharvie (8895 posts) -
There are plenty easy ones. Most official games of movies like King Kong, Open Season and Bee Movie are all easy. Most EA sports games have easy Gamerpoints too. Also don't forget the likes of CSI, Spider-Man: Friend or Foe and Prey.
#6 Posted by Dzjaansis (27689 posts) -
TMNT. It isn't bad either
#7 Posted by swamplord666 (1873 posts) -
i highly suggest crackdown for gamerpoints! those were just fun! there was stuff like juggle a person with a rocket for 5 seconds with it touching the ground, perform a ackflip with a vehicle, climb to the top of the highest building. Lots of fun.
#8 Posted by silentlord833 (1336 posts) -

I am not really a points gamer (I do try and get them, but the second a friend gets online and wants to play something I leave.)

the only game that I have gotten close to 1000 on is CoD4, mostly because I really liked the story, and enjoyed the game, I don't know if that makes it a good game for points, but it was for me.

also games that you can play in co-op are good for points, two friends and myself beat Halo 3 on Legendary, and there is no way I would have done that alone.

#10 Posted by DarthDravvid (296 posts) -

You have kids and yet you still can not spell. It is Avatar not Avitar.Sk8OrSk8

NERD ALERT!!!

#11 Posted by jayjay7117 (194 posts) -

Can not is one word... nerd. Cannont

#12 Posted by DamianAlexander (3762 posts) -

jayjay7117

Can't! IT'S CAN'T!

Try any of the 06 sport games. King Kong.

#13 Posted by mattg90520 (3115 posts) -
you know, whenever i see someones gamerscore with a bunch of these easy crap games, like avatar, it makes me think less of them than someone who has the same amount from playing actual games with actual challenges. just play through games, theres plenty of amazing games out recently, with more coming. no need to play crap like avatar or the easy sports games.
#14 Posted by mattg90520 (3115 posts) -
[QUOTE="DamianAlexander"]

[QUOTE="jayjay7117"]

Can't! IT'S CAN'T!

Try any of the 06 sport games. King Kong.

ugh, its CANNOT, not can not, cannont or cann't.
#15 Posted by DamianAlexander (3762 posts) -

Cannot shouldn't be a word... We already have Can't.

#16 Posted by Darkslayer16 (3611 posts) -

Fast easy points - old sports game, fight night round 3, any movie licence game (both kids and games like Saw, Wanted, Terminator etc.), Avatar (the show not the movie).

Easy points in decent games - CoD 2, 4, WaW and MW2, , Batman, 50 Cent Blood on the Sand (need co-op partner to get 1000), Hitman Blood Money, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Silent Hill Homecoming etc..

#17 Posted by Warful (237 posts) -

DamianAlexander

Fail.

http://alexfiles.com/cannot.shtml

there you go. You can say both "Can not", "Cannot", and "Can't". It's that easy.

Anywho on topic, as already mentioned,

many of the sportsgames grants you some easy gamerpoint,

also Crackdown can grant you some.

they're easy, and cheap ;)

#19 Posted by DEATH775 (4213 posts) -
I would say NFS: MW, Batman Arkham Asylum and Clive Barker Jericho
#20 Posted by DJSAV_101 (3690 posts) -

you know, whenever i see someones gamerscore with a bunch of these easy crap games, like avatar, it makes me think less of them than someone who has the same amount from playing actual games with actual challenges. just play through games, theres plenty of amazing games out recently, with more coming. no need to play crap like avatar or the easy sports games.mattg90520

My thoughts exactly.

Some easy games are CoD4, MW2, Silent Hill, Resident Evil 5, Fallout 3, Assassins Creed 2 (AC1 also but if has WAY more collecting achievements), L4D, L4D2, Borderlands, Fable 2, Forza 3 (Time consuming but REALLY easy). That's a few that I've played and have 1000/1000 or very close to it.

#21 Posted by DecadesOfGaming (3100 posts) -

If your gaming just to obtain gamescores, then I'm obliged to inform you that you'll lack respect from many fellow gamers who use this site .. whilst your gaming for completely the wrong reason !

#22 Posted by boydcake (85 posts) -

TMNT. It isn't bad eitherDzjaansis

The remake of Turtles in Time on the XBLA? I hated the remake and found it so unenjoyable I didn't even play it. Those are not points I want. I don't get why they didn't just port the original. Updating it made it worse and the controls felt awful.

On the topic of easy points...why do you want a lot of points? You should just play games you like and get points that are worth it to you. It will add up. I think I have amassed over 13000 now just playing what is enjoyable. If you are looking for games where getting all the points is fun and rewarding I would say play Fallout 3 and all the DLC for it. Best game ever.

Also there are a lot of games on XBLA that are awesome to replay if you were around when they came out (and even if you weren't). I am 23 so I was too happy to go back and play Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie. Awesome games. For more recent, Shadow Complex was great.

#23 Posted by fantasyfan27 (15 posts) -
Some of the easier games for gamerscores would be the Lego Batman, Indiana Jones etc, pretty fun games too play and the achievements are not mega hard (some are time consuming) Enchanted Arms is another game where the score is unlocked purely by playing through the story, takes a bit longer (around 35 hours) to complete but the Achievements are all story based so unlock as you play. For fun Achievements and good games the list others have posted are pretty much spot on, there are also the Arcade games that you can download to get some easy gamerscores on (most of the sega games can be brought in one disc for around 20 pound)
#24 Posted by shaunchgo (4605 posts) -
Seriously, what happened to playing games for fun?
#25 Posted by DamianAlexander (3762 posts) -

[QUOTE="DamianAlexander"]

Warful

Fail.

http://alexfiles.com/cannot.shtml

there you go. You can say both "Can not", "Cannot", and "Can't". It's that easy.

Fail? First of all I simply stated my opinion on the matter of there being multiple ways of writing one word. In my opinion there shouldn't be more than one way to write down one word.

#26 Posted by OfficialBed (16816 posts) -

NHL 2K6

#27 Posted by NintendoGamer3 (2848 posts) -
Seriously, what happened to playing games for fun? shaunchgo
Acheivements add replay value to games.
#28 Posted by Grandotaku (2118 posts) -

Mirrors edge gives you a fair amount and its easy to finish. Not to mention it is actually decent.

#29 Posted by theoobernoob (49 posts) -

NCAA football 2008 got me a couple hundred points in about an hour and it only cost 5 dollars

#30 Posted by Splincir (5774 posts) -

I would say Fight Night Round 3. I got the full 1000 points ridiculously easy. Madden 06 was cake too.

#31 Posted by chaoscougar1 (36901 posts) -

jayjay7117
way to correct someones spelling on a 2 year old thread
#32 Posted by XxWOND3RB3ADxX (1189 posts) -

[QUOTE="Dzjaansis"]TMNT. It isn't bad eitherboydcake

The remake of Turtles in Time on the XBLA? I hated the remake and found it so unenjoyable I didn't even play it. Those are not points I want. I don't get why they didn't just port the original. Updating it made it worse and the controls felt awful.

On the topic of easy points...why do you want a lot of points? You should just play games you like and get points that are worth it to you. It will add up. I think I have amassed over 13000 now just playing what is enjoyable. If you are looking for games where getting all the points is fun and rewarding I would say play Fallout 3 and all the DLC for it. Best game ever.

Also there are a lot of games on XBLA that are awesome to replay if you were around when they came out (and even if you weren't). I am 23 so I was too happy to go back and play Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie. Awesome games. For more recent, Shadow Complex was great.

No dude they made a retail of tmnt and it has really easy achievements I need to play it

#33 Posted by UT_Wrestler (16378 posts) -
Oblivion; it's not "easy" in the sense that you can get them all in just a couple of hours, but they're all basically just completion awards for doing the main quest and side quests.