Target has Xbox One's for sale for 425.00 dollars, Buy one?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by HumoungousMoth7 (25 posts) -

I was at Target this morning and noticed that you get a 50 dollar gift card ASAP with the purchase of the Xbox one. If you have a target Red Card you also get the additional 5 percent off the price. The total price comes to around 424 dollars. If you guys where waiting to buy one would this be the selling point?

#2 Posted by mynamesdenvrmax (2211 posts) -

If there are games you're interested in...get it. If not, wait. The console will only get better.

#3 Posted by TwistedShade (3165 posts) -

I love mine and I paid $500 it, that's an amazing deal for it and if anyone has been thinking about getting one now would be the time to jump in.

#4 Posted by fatee (303 posts) -

From an honest, and unbiased opinon: Wait.

If you had a 360 last generation, buy a PS3. It can be had for even cheaper and you would have an amazing library of titles that were exclusive to the system. The last of Us is worth it alone.

An Xbox one would be a better idea down the road, maybe even in a few month time, when more games are available. By then it would most likely be bundled with a game or two.

Of course, this is entirely my opinion: if there is some game you can't live without for the XB1, then by all means, buy it.

#5 Posted by Darth1337 (64 posts) -

OP, wait.

#6 Posted by HumoungousMoth7 (25 posts) -

I really would like to have Titan Fall. I strongly feel that even if Microsoft comes down on the price of the Xbox one that it will be very close to the 420 dollar price that I can get it for now. Darth, why do you think I should wait? Is it the lack of game or do you see something from Microsoft in the near future to close the gap?

#7 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

#

@humoungousmoth7 said:

I was at Target this morning and noticed that you get a 50 dollar gift card ASAP with the purchase of the Xbox one. If you have a target Red Card you also get the additional 5 percent off the price. The total price comes to around 424 dollars. If you guys where waiting to buy one would this be the selling point?

The giftcard will not go towards that purchase as it will only be able to be used on another purchase after you bought the Xbox One. So you are looking at about $474 than add tax to that. If I were you I wouldn't use my credit or debit card at Target, because that Xbox One might cost you alot more then you thought. I am talking about if you already don't know was the hack that Target had against them that ended up taking millions away fro their customers that used credit and debits cards on the stuff they bought.

#8 Posted by HumoungousMoth7 (25 posts) -

The giftcard will not go towards that purchase as it will only be able to be used on another purchase after you bought the Xbox One. So you are looking at about $474 than add tax to that.

I will not be able to use the 50 dollar gift card towards the purchase of the Xbox one but I still get an extra 50.00 dollars to purchase a warranty, game, charger, etc. And thanks for the information regarding the hackers that got into Target. It's something that I'll have to look into before making my decision.

#9 Edited by Megavideogamer (5407 posts) -

If you are able to get a brand new Xbox one for $425.00 then do so. I would if I could.

#10 Posted by sakaiXx (51 posts) -

Now's not worth a penny, wait till the "new SDK" starts rolling out and the xbox one starts to hit 1080p more regularly and the games become more diverse then you buy but now ? simply not worth it.