Suspended from XBL because....

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drStickman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 drStickman
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
If you agree to terms and conditions though corporations will usually act on that without any warning. It's not just Microsoft, ever tried contacting a bank over something like a refund? "Sorry sir, it's in your terms and conditions, we are well within our rights, blah blah blah." Sucks that you don't have access, but rules is rules I guess.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

well, I was suspended from XBL for a week because I had the word "Sh*t" in my bio (quote from a movie). I don't mind not being able to play but while I'm doing college work, I usually use last.fm, watch netflix, and browse movies on the Zune marketplace. But for using the "S" word, I need to lose ALL those privillages?! wow, talk about stealing money microsoft. I just renewed my membership too. The least they can do for such a thing is clear my personal information and warn me. Not lock me out for seven days from what I'm paying for monthy. ESPECIALLY netflix. =[

Japanese_Jade

You knew the rules and you broke them

This is 100% your fault, don't try to make it seem like you're the victim

You're not

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

gs follows the same way. i said the R word, that meant mentally challenged, they suspended me for 7 days

1kryptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 1kryptic
Member since 2010 • 430 Posts
Putting curse words in your bio is like the fastest and easiest way to get banned.
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts
Yeah, the punishment for a first offense and not even a big first offense is way too much in this case.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="drStickman"]If you agree to terms and conditions though corporations will usually act on that without any warning. It's not just Microsoft, ever tried contacting a bank over something like a refund? "Sorry sir, it's in your terms and conditions, we are well within our rights, blah blah blah." Sucks that you don't have access, but rules is rules I guess.Japanese_Jade
Rules are rules, that is true. And I did agree to them. I respect XBL for wanting to keep its community "friendly and rated G" but there needs to be a proper set of punishments regarding violations. ex. Harassment = 7 day ban, offensive motto = warning/clear motto, 2nd offensive motto = 24 hour ban/clear motto, etc. You can't relinquish someone of their services especially when their paying for them and never commit violations overtime because of something as small as cursing. I've had XBL for four years and never had this problem. Thats just a horrible excuse to steal your money and rip you off.Its like a teacher beating a kid to the ground with a ruler for rolling his/her eyes. Its just not equal punishment.

No, you got off easy

You knew the rules and yet you did it, there's no mistake that you "maybe weren't sure" of the rules

You went out of your way to disrespect every single person on the service just because you wanted to

Enough with the "they're stealing my money" no, you failed to show anyone on the service any respect and now you're getting punished for it.

1kryptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 1kryptic
[QUOTE="Japanese_Jade"][QUOTE="drStickman"]If you agree to terms and conditions though corporations will usually act on that without any warning. It's not just Microsoft, ever tried contacting a bank over something like a refund? "Sorry sir, it's in your terms and conditions, we are well within our rights, blah blah blah." Sucks that you don't have access, but rules is rules I guess.

Rules are rules, that is true. And I did agree to them. I respect XBL for wanting to keep its community "friendly and rated G" but there needs to be a proper set of punishments regarding violations. ex. Harassment = 7 day ban, offensive motto = warning/clear motto, 2nd offensive motto = 24 hour ban/clear motto, etc. You can't relinquish someone of their services especially when their paying for them and never commit violations overtime because of something as small as cursing. I've had XBL for four years and never had this problem. Thats just a horrible excuse to steal your money and rip you off.Its like a teacher beating a kid to the ground with a ruler for rolling his/her eyes. Its just not equal punishment.

You've had XBL for four years and you still didn't know better than to put inappropriate language in your bio? Lol wow...
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jaysonguy

Yeah, the punishment for a first offense and not even a big first offense is way too much in this case.Wakanoid

Exactly the opposite

He went out of his way to break the rules

If it was something that was an accident I could see this being overboard, since he went out and did this he got off easy

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wakanoid

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]Yeah, the punishment for a first offense and not even a big first offense is way too much in this case.Jaysonguy

Exactly the opposite

If it was something that was an accident I could see this being overboard, since he went out and did this he got off easy

I disagree, I never knew you could get suspended for having curse words in your bio until I joined GameSpot and saw that users got suspended for it. Even though he knew (which in my case I didn't.) Microsoft doesn't know that, so even if he didn't know he'd still be suspended for a week. It was a first offense and the bio wasn't THAT bad. It was a quote from a movie, it is in no way offensive and there are much worse words then ****.
1kryptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 1kryptic
Why would they warn you when you already knew the rules though? I agree that a week ban is BS for a curse word, but you broke the rules and got punished for it.
JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JuggaloRandall
Member since 2010 • 8213 Posts
That sucks, but you should really modify your post before you get flagged for censor bypassing. Trust me, it happens.
1kryptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 1kryptic
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]Yeah, the punishment for a first offense and not even a big first offense is way too much in this case.Wakanoid

Exactly the opposite

I disagree, I never knew you could get suspended for having curse words in your bio until I joined GameSpot and saw that users got suspended for it. Even though he knew (which in my case I didn't.) Microsoft doesn't know that, so even if he didn't know he'd still be suspended for a week. It was a first offense and the bio wasn't THAT bad. It was a quote from a movie, it is in no way offensive and there are much worse words then ****.

That's not their problem that you don't read the rules and use common sense.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]Yeah, the punishment for a first offense and not even a big first offense is way too much in this case.Wakanoid

Exactly the opposite

Really?

I mean your bio is able to be seen by everyone and there's games on the console to be played by 3 years old and up

Don't you see that ending badly?

1kryptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 1kryptic

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]Yeah, the punishment for a first offense and not even a big first offense is way too much in this case.Japanese_Jade

Exactly the opposite

You make this look like I did something extremely out of line. I clearly understand I broke the rules. I'm not denying that. What I'm trying to get at here is the penalty. I don't mind punishment. I understand. Crime goes with punishment. But the punishment must MATCH the crime. Imagine you go to a theater and you see that there is no littering allowed outside the vicinity. You open a pack a gum and throw the wrapper on the floor. The box office guy calls the police and you go to court. You're penalized 10 years in jail because you threw a gum rapper on the floor. I could accept a $100 fine, thats the going rate, but 10 years in jail. You cannot say you'd be pissed about that. Think about that, please.

1kryptic: yea, that is kinda stupid of me i guess D=

Dude, YOU GOT BANNED FOR A FREAKING WEEK ON XBL, NOT SENTENCED TO JAIL FOR A DECADE. It's really not a big deal. I know that a week ban is BS but it's alright just don't do it again.
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Wakanoid
A week suspension though? So you're saying if they gave you a warning Japanese_Jade you wouldn't have changed it? Because i'm pretty sure you would've and you would've never had a swear word in your biography again. Even if he knows the rules it was a first offense, if he keeps doing the punishments get worse. Like he said, the punishment has to match the crime.
Mythomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mythomniac
Member since 2009 • 1695 Posts
You aren't the victim, this is your fault, be more careful.
1kryptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 1kryptic
[QUOTE="Wakanoid"]A week suspension though? So you're saying if they gave you a warning Japanese_Jade you wouldn't have changed it? Because i'm pretty sure you would've and you would've never had a swear word in your biography again. Even if he knows the rules it was a first offense, if he keeps doing the punishments get worse. Like he said, the punishment has to match the crime.

I agree that a week ban is extremely stupid.
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Wakanoid

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Exactly the opposite

Jaysonguy

Really?

I mean your bio is able to be seen by everyone and there's games on the console to be played by 3 years old and up

Jayson, there are no three year olds on XBL. If that, they would most likely have to be playing the same game as him and actually bother reading his bio. Besides, it's a lot worse in games because of voice chat, or some guy wants to send the kid hate mail. Other then that, all kids who can actually play XBL and read have heard the word before. It's not like he has been warned and kept it in his biography, a warning would have been enough to clear his biography of swear words.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

well, I was suspended from XBL for a week because I had the "S" word in my bio (quote from a movie). I don't mind not being able to play but while I'm doing college work, I usually use last.fm, watch netflix, and browse movies on the Zune marketplace. But for using the "S" word, I need to lose ALL those privillages?! wow, talk about stealing money microsoft. I just renewed my membership too. The least they can do for such a thing is clear my personal information and warn me. Not lock me out for seven days from what I'm paying for monthy. ESPECIALLY netflix. =[

Japanese_Jade

Does seem kinda harsh, I got suspended one time for a bio TEXT form pic displaying the middle finger..if you click on it, it looks like a bunch of gibberish (because you're basically using text to make out an image)..kinda silly that i got suspended for it. But using full blown profanity in your bio is obviously not smart so I can't blame Microsoft. But it would be nice to see them suspend the cheaters and hackers at the rate they suspend people over silly little bios that nobody is forced to read anyways. But that's just me!!

1kryptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 1kryptic

@ 1kryptic: I think you failed to see the meaning behind that. I realize that. I'm not going to die without xbox live. I never said I'm going to go on a hunger strike. I'm just sayin, on a thread on the internet (come on guys, really) that the penalty is unfair.

Everyone fails to see that I accept what i did was wrong. I KNOW this. But what happens for it is the problem. You guys are pretty much telling me when you get punished for something small in an unfair manner (Keyword: Unfair), you'll just accept the punishment no matter how bad it is (keyphrase: no matter how bad it is).

Japanese_Jade
I understand the meaning behind it. And I agree that the punishment is absurd. I don't think a curse word in a movie quote warrants a week long ban either.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"] I disagree, I never knew you could get suspended for having curse words in your bio until I joined GameSpot and saw that users got suspended for it. Even though he knew (which in my case I didn't.) Microsoft doesn't know that, so even if he didn't know he'd still be suspended for a week. It was a first offense and the bio wasn't THAT bad. It was a quote from a movie, it is in no way offensive and there are much worse words then ****.Wakanoid

Really?

Jayson, there are no three year olds on XBL. If that, they would most likely have to be playing the same game as him and actually bother reading his bio. Besides, it's a lot worse in games because of voice chat, or some guy wants to send the kid hate mail. Other then that, all kids who can actually play XBL and read have heard the word before. It's not like he has been warned and kept it in his biography, a warning would have been enough to clear his biography of swear words.

Yes there are 3 years olds on Live, I know I started gaming when I was three and it's no stretch to think that kids these days are doing the same.

The whole "well it's out there already who cares" doesn't work here because that shouldn't be happening in random matches. One of the reasons I added the swear meter in the gamertag sticky is because I wanted to prevent people from getting offended. When people know each other they can swear and it's normal, you know it's coming, when DA first played with me there was no swearing and then there was and I was cool with that because it wasn't over the top and it wasn't who he was.

All this poster's bio did was show that he's that kind of person

There's 2 main points in all of this

1. It's clearly in the rules for anyone who reads them, or if you do the whole 2+2 thing I explained lol

2.There's no need to do it.

Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
I think it should have been a 2 day suspension or something a week is crazy just for saying one cuss word
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jaysonguy

Everyone fails to see that I accept what i did was wrong. I KNOW this. But what happens for it is the problem. You guys are pretty much telling me when you get punished for something small in an unfair manner (Keyword: Unfair), you'll just accept the punishment no matter how bad it is (keyphrase: no matter how bad it is).

Japanese_Jade

You went out of your way to break the rules, that's why it happened

It's clearly in the TOS for Live, you cannot even become a member until you agree that you have read and understand the rules.

This isn't an innocent mistake, you knew what you were doing was wrong and you didn't care, that is not looked upon with much sympathy

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

That's your own fault..especially if you knew the rules already.

1kryptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 1kryptic
And also, you can't compare breaking a rule on xbl and getting banned to being sentenced to jail for 10 years for littering. You just can't. I agree that a week ban for what you did is pretty lame, but come on...
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Wakanoid

[QUOTE="Wakanoid"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Really?

Jaysonguy

Yes there are 3 years olds on Live, I know I started gaming when I was three and it's no stretch to think that kids these days are doing the same.

The whole "well it's out there already who cares" doesn't work here because that shouldn't be happening in random matches. One of the reasons I added the swear meter in the gamertag sticky is because I wanted to prevent people from getting offended. When people know each other they can swear and it's normal, you know it's coming, when DA first played with me there was no swearing and then there was and I was cool with that because it wasn't over the top and it wasn't who he was.

All this poster's bio did was show that he's that kind of person

There's 2 main points in all of this

1. It's clearly in the rules for anyone who reads them, or if you do the whole 2+2 thing I explained lol

2.There's no need to do it.

Still, a week? We're not saying that it's right or wrong. What he did was wrong and he admits to that he just thinks the punishment is unfair which I agree. You think they let him off easy with a week?
1kryptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 1kryptic
[QUOTE="1kryptic"]And also, you can't compare breaking a rule on xbl and getting banned to be sentenced to jail for 10 years for littering. You just can't. I agree that a week ban for what you did is pretty lame, but come on...Japanese_Jade
Yes, I KNOW that. I'm trying to relate that BOTH of those are ridiculously bad punishments. Come on now. Its an imaginary comparison.

Ok. Sorry dude.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jaysonguy

@Jaysonguy: Read the terms of service and code of conduct (if you have the patience cause i doubt you ever did) and tell me you haven't broken one of those lines. I KNOW you have, countless times too. You just haven't been caught. If you've been caught for all those times you cussed out people on xbox live and banned 7 days for each of those offenses, you'd probably see things my way. Don't give me that "you broke the rules and now you have to pay for them" jazz as if you wouldn't care for yourself.

Japanese_Jade

No I haven't because they're ridiculously easy to follow

I never put anything even remotely offensive in anything that's able to be seen by the public and I never use any sort of vulgarities when playing a random multiplayer match.

I mean seriously it's so freaking easy to follow the TOS

Now if you were playing a game and you accidentally let a curse word fly and everyone reported you and you were in trouble then totally, I'm on your side and probably asking about it on the XBOX forums. Slip ups happen all the time and you say sorry and move on and everything is cool.

You didn't do that though, you willingly decided to put something offensive (it's not the degree of it it's the fact it was there) and you were punished for it. You had to go out of your way to break the rules and the moderation team knows that.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jaysonguy

Still, a week? We're not saying that it's right or wrong. What he did was wrong and he admits to that he just thinks the punishment is unfair which I agree. You think they let him off easy with a week?Wakanoid

It's not the fact of what he did it's the fact that he went out of his way to do it

It's that the rules for Live are pretty much the easiest way so everyone enjoys their time on Live and when someone goes out of their way to stop that from happening yeah, I don't have much sympathy and either does the moderation team because they know this is no accident.

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bigM10231

i know a guy on XBL with an offensive name but no one knows whats offensive about it. neither does M$ so he cant get banned

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Japanese_Jade"]

@Jaysonguy: Read the terms of service and code of conduct (if you have the patience cause i doubt you ever did) and tell me you haven't broken one of those lines. I KNOW you have, countless times too. You just haven't been caught. If you've been caught for all those times you cussed out people on xbox live and banned 7 days for each of those offenses, you'd probably see things my way. Don't give me that "you broke the rules and now you have to pay for them" jazz as if you wouldn't care for yourself.

Japanese_Jade

No I haven't because they're ridiculously easy to follow

I never put anything even remotely offensive in anything that's able to be seen by the public and I never use any sort of vulgarities when playing a random multiplayer match.

I mean seriously it's so freaking easy to follow the TOS

Now if you were playing a game and you accidentally let a curse word fly and everyone reported you and you were in trouble then totally, I'm on your side and probably asking about it on the XBOX forums. Slip ups happen all the time and you say sorry and move on and everything is cool.

You didn't do that though, you willingly decided to put something offensive (it's not the degree of it it's the fact it was there) and you were punished for it. You had to go out of your way to break the rules and the moderation team knows that.

I'll have to take your word on it about following the rules because I'm not going to refute you. You keep it civil and I respect you for that. But you need to level with me here. I understand, completely, that I broke the rules. I knew that when I put that funny quote in my bio that i was breaking them (i just didn't think I would get get caught. No one ever does). However, a 7 day, my friend, a 7 day suspension to lock ALL of my privillages for putting a simple curse word that you hear in everday life and worse as a punishment is out of line. I find it hard to believe that ANYONE, even Forest Gump could except that. =/

Imagine it this way.

There's a no parking zone and there's a 100 dollar fine when you're in there.

Now someone parks there an comes out an hour later to find a 100 dollar ticket
You on the other hand park and come out 5 minutes later and see a ticket for 100 dollars

You both willingly went out of your way to park there so while your violations were much different in degree the ticket is written on the "you know parking here is wrong and you're punished for that"

Now really in the line of offenses yours wasn't that bad, it was a swear and if I had kids I'd be irked but ehhh, from some of the stuff on Live it's incredibly tame for being offensive. The problem is that you did it when you didn't have to.

I mean my quote is betty white rules and I have a poem in my bio about an apple on the railroad tracks turning into applesauce, pretty much rated G

I don't even play racing games with a headset because I sometimes swear and I don't want to offend anyone, plus I mean it's racing I don't need to talk to a team unless I'm playing that mode and I pay attention to what I'm saying more then usual.

It's not what you did it's how you did it

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jaysonguy

i know a guy on XBL with an offensive name but no one knows whats offensive about it. neither does M$ so he cant get banned

bigM10231

OK, I'll bite, tell me

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bigM10231

[QUOTE="bigM10231"]

Jaysonguy

OK, I'll bite, tell me

a flaming amazon. look it up on google

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jaysonguy

@Jaysonguy: How I did it you say. In order to completely define how I did it, you would need to know the complete quote to define the mortality of what I said, correct? It should not matter in text or in speech, the action is still the same.

If I had in my bio with the "S" word, "I take a "S" on all the n00bs I play and enjoy it. Don't like it, bite me" thats a problem. However, I did not use it in offensive context such as that. The quote in my bio, not even my own but from a movie said, "You got a bazooka? Stop thinking Prague police and start thinking PlayStation. Blow "S" up!" - Zander Cage aka Vin Diesel from xXx. That is, if anything, a quote for comic relief and laughter. It should not, in ANY way, offend anyone unless you are a nun, priest, etc. I know the "S" word is a foul word but realize that the context its usage is what makes it offensive, not the word itself.

But lets not go over board and say the "F" word can be used lightly and non offensive. Thats like another degree of cursing, lol. That word is always offensive.

Japanese_Jade

That's what I mean

It's not how you used that word, it's that you used an offensive word

If you want to know exactly the black and white of it just go to the XBOX forums and ask the moderation team. They're all really nice guys (met some of them) and they have no problem telling you why a certain action was taken. They're not big jerks who look for any reason to screw with someone, they're just trying to give the friendliest environment they can for everyone on the service.

Just go in respectfully and no "stealing this or that" and they'll be more then happy to explain it to you.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="bigM10231"]

bigM10231

OK, I'll bite, tell me

Oh look at that, my life is a bit worse now lol

See that's tricky because they're words that aren't offensive and do we know what they mean? I don't think so, I mean it's unlikely but maybe he escaped the Amazon on fire? Who knows? We're not sure of the meaning.

Stephen Toulouse (the head of XBOX enforcement) said that he's gotten complaints over someone having 4-20 in their screen name and when he investigated he saw that the person's birth date was April 20th.

When someone says like the "N" word (not that anyone here would ever do that) it's clear cut

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bigM10231

[QUOTE="bigM10231"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

OK, I'll bite, tell me

Jaysonguy

Oh look at that, my life is a bit worse now lol

See that's tricky because they're words that aren't offensive and do we know what they mean? I don't think so, I mean it's unlikely but maybe he escaped the Amazon on fire? Who knows? We're not sure of the meaning.

Stephen Toulouse (the head of XBOX enforcement) said that he's gotten complaints over someone having 4-20 in their screen name and when he investigated he saw that the person's birth date was April 20th.

When someone says like the "N" word (not that anyone here would ever do that) it's clear cut

type it in and click the first link and read on
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

That sucks. I got suspended a few weeks ago for a weekfor my motto "snipers get more head".

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
My two cents are as follows: 1. Was it a good idea? No. Even if you haven't read the terms of service, we all know it is a bad word. 2. Was it malicious? No. It was a quote from a movie referencing video games. I think it was pretty relevant to a biography on a videogame service. Funny, too. 3. Should he be banned for it? Sure. It's a bad word posted on a service that is used by minors. 4. Should he be denied access to a service that he pays for(IE: Netflix)? Absolutely NOT. He pays a company that isn't microsoft for a video service so that he can watch whatever he likes as often as he likes. We're talkinng movies like SAW. Movies that contain words like 'F' and 'S' and 'N' and etcetera like it was their last day on earth to do so. Was the punishment excessive? Yes. But not like the OP described.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jaysonguy

My two cents are as follows: 1. Was it a good idea? No. Even if you haven't read the terms of service, we all know it is a bad word. 2. Was it malicious? No. It was a quote from a movie referencing video games. I think it was pretty relevant to a biography on a videogame service. Funny, too. 3. Should he be banned for it? Sure. It's a bad word posted on a service that is used by minors. 4. Should he be denied access to a service that he pays for(IE: Netflix)? Absolutely NOT. He pays a company that isn't microsoft for a video service so that he can watch whatever he likes as often as he likes. We're talkinng movies like SAW. Movies that contain words like 'F' and 'S' and 'N' and etcetera like it was their last day on earth to do so. Was the punishment excessive? Yes. But not like the OP described.El_Zo1212o

He can still access Netflix on his PC

Microsoft isn't stopping him from using his service, they're just preventing their hardware and software being used as the portal