Sunset Overdrive PC version possible?!

#1 Edited by PikachuDude860 (562 posts) -

Source.

I'd take this with a grain of salt, since I can't find any other sites talking about it...But I wouldn't be shocked if it was true.

"As of now, Insomniac's Sunset Overdrive is an Xbox One exclusive, their recent statement on the exclusivity hints that a Sunset Overdrive PC version is going to happen soon but it is doubtful that a PS4 version will happen."

""We pitched it a few different places, and it was really important to [Insomniac CEO] Ted [Price] that we own the IP, so some of the conversations broke down over that," Sunset Overdrive co-creator Marcus Smith told IGN in an interview. "With Microsoft, they just came in very energetic and excited to work with Insomniac, period.""

"Their praise at Microsoft could also hint at a possible Sunset Overdrive PC version, because not only was it recently confirmed that Xbox One games can be played on PC's with Windows 8 operating systems, Microsoft is also showing renewed interest in PC gaming, so it's definitely possible that we could see a Sunset Overdrive PC version in the future"

What's wrong with Microsoft? Don't they realize that exclusives are the only reason to buy/keep a console nowadays? If I'm not an Xbox fan, why would I buy an Xbox One? I'd buy one to play Halo, Gears, Fable and whatever else. Other than that, I wouldn't buy one.

The whole Tomb Raider timed exclusive thing is a waste of money.

For the sake of the Xbox One, I hope that Sunset Overdrive will be ONLY on Xbox One. Not 360, not PC, just on Xbox One.

#2 Posted by killerdoc83 (10 posts) -

its all about money, for now xbox one doesn't have enough console sold to get 100% exclusive so Microsoft have no choice to let them port to PC also.

5 millions console is nothing cause think about the fact that not all of the 5 millions will purchase the game soooo you can hope for maybe 2.5millions max... at 59$ per game

in 2 year you will see more xbox one exclusive but for now the games will be all port to pc after a couple of months... Its all about money!!!

#3 Posted by Ovirew (6311 posts) -

It is a little disappointing. You need some level of exclusivity. You need exclusivity to choose one system over another, otherwise it comes down to which piece of hardware you like best. And I hope the One will do better in coming years.

Most of the games I want to get that are out for XBO now, are also or will be out on the PC. Dead Rising 3 ported to PC. PVZ Garden Warfare ported to PC, and also PS, and is available on the 360 also anyways. Super Time Force, which I'm looking at getting soon, was on One and 360, but now it will be on Steam soon.

On the other hand, Microsoft shows no interest at present in porting more Halo games to PC, so that's a positive.

#4 Posted by SolidTy (42444 posts) -

It's Insomniac's IP, they can do what they want after their contract is up.

#5 Posted by xhawk27 (7229 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

except they never make PC games.

#6 Posted by SolidTy (42444 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@SolidTy said:

except they never make PC games.

Once upon a time they never made Xbox games either.

Who can say what owning their own IP will do for Insomniac...we are in uncharted territory as observers as is Insomniac. Owning an IP means a nice revenue stream depending on their plan with their new IP.

I'm not saying I know, all I said is they can do what they want when the contract is up and that's the truth. There is a reason they wanted to own their own IP and eventually that reason will be made clear to gamers given some luck.