Spider-Man Feedback Needed.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by XxStCardinalxX (36 posts) -

Hello Everyone!

I have just a few of question for you.

• What do you all think is the Best and Worst elements of any/all Spider-Man games?
  • How are the controls? (combat/web swinging)
  • Story line and mission elements?
  • Mini games?
  • Over all flow and feel?
  • What would you like to see?
  • Keep seeing?
  • Have fixed?
  • Even dropped out of the games altogether?
  • Biggest beef with camra angles?
  • What has worked best in past games?
  • What's missing from them all?

I'm looking for as much feedback as possible, so please whatever you got just let me know. I've started writing my own script for a Spider-Man game and long shot or not of anything ever happening with it, I still need to take notes and that's where all of you come in.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Posted by _TheJoker_ (6013 posts) -

Last Spiderman game I played was on PlayStation, should I try a new one? If so, which one is the best on the 360?

#3 Posted by XxStCardinalxX (36 posts) -
Spider-Man: Edge of Time wasn't to bad had some cool features you play as Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2099 and they put in "hyper-sense" which was pretty cool looking just like the comics but, the whole game was inisde a building and we all know one of the best things about being Spider-Man is wide open spaces. The Amazing Spider-Man was pretty cool too but it was very very short. They added an rpg type element but it falls pretty short if you ask me. The mini games in it are lacking as well not very many/much too them. Still its a great game, pays to watch the The Amazing Spider-Man first though. Im just looking for a lot of feedback cause i'd like to take a crack at making a Spider-Man game that takes the best parts and leave out the crap. And to have a story line without plot holes and non-sense.
#4 Posted by SuperSquall89 (5 posts) -
I just finished The Amazing Spiderman Game. It was great lots of free swinging with randomly spawning crime. The story is great it is after the new movie and brings in lots of classic villians like Rhino.
#5 Posted by XxStCardinalxX (36 posts) -
Story line was great just a short game I beat it 100% in something like 10-12hrs pretty short if you ask me. And not to come off as an ass but Rhino is in almost every Spider-Man game for some weird reason lol. A really good game is Ultimate Spider-Man came out in '05 I think. http://www.gamespot.com/ultimate-spider-man/ Its a pretty short game as well but you get to play in the whole city of New York not just half. I had it on the first XBOX and on PC both were great ports. Check it out if you got the time and want an enjoyable game to play.
#6 Posted by _TheJoker_ (6013 posts) -

A Spiderman game like Batman Arkham Assylum would be awesome.

What was the formula? make me feel like the character I'm playing. Let me swing, dont make me god mode on!

You should be able to swing through the city, have fast movement everytime (at the cost of power maybe?).

#7 Posted by waytocupok (3 posts) -
yeah, that right, i agree it,The story is great it is after the new movie and brings in lots of classic villians like Rhino.thank you
#8 Posted by destinhpark (4753 posts) -

The one gripe I have about the Spiderman games is sometimes the missions can feel repetitive over time. But, I think they're all still awesome games. The controls are simply but the combat animations are varied and look completely awesome. Swinging around the city never gets old either. The actual story isn't anything to write home about, but that doesn't bug me that much considering I'm having such a good time playing.

The best one by far though is the newest one, The Amazing Spiderman. Graphics and gameplay wise.

#9 Posted by XxStCardinalxX (36 posts) -
Thats the one thing that sucks the most is that the missions seem the same over and over. The story as a whole sometimes feels like it falls a little short to me as well. They all seem really really short. As big of a universe that Spider-Man lives in the games should be well over 10 hours of total game play.
#10 Posted by noones-my-name (314 posts) -

Story line was great just a short game I beat it 100% in something like 10-12hrs pretty short if you ask me. And not to come off as an ass but Rhino is in almost every Spider-Man game for some weird reason lol. A really good game is Ultimate Spider-Man came out in '05 I think. http://www.gamespot.com/ultimate-spider-man/ Its a pretty short game as well but you get to play in the whole city of New York not just half. I had it on the first XBOX and on PC both were great ports. Check it out if you got the time and want an enjoyable game to play.XxStCardinalxX

Ulitmate spiderman was ace,i played it on my ps2 about 6 months or so ago,its aged pretty well with the cel shaded graphics.

Back onto your topic,using the clone saga as the main storyline would be awesome,later on in the story they could have spider-carnage.

Im reading the clone saga currently in astonishing spider-man (im in the uk) theyre issues from beginning '95,really enjoying them,

#11 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

I remember playing the first Spider Man game on the PS1 and it was strictly a web swinging game. Couldn't touch the floor.
It was unclear what you were using to swing from. :D

Still my favourite Spider Man game ever.

I remember you could go to the Baxter Building haha and i think Stan Lee narrated it maybe...