someone wanna answer this question for me?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kieran1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kieran1223
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
is there a way to get wireless internet on a 360 using a laptop? if i use the ethernet cable to connect the 360 to my laptop, and my laptop is receiving a wireless signal, could i then use that as my connection to get on xbox live and stuff? please tell me if that would work
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
yea you can bridge the connection, I hear its pretty simple too
lombado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lombado
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts
Can someone help us with how? My friends has a wireless internet hookup and we wanna try it too. Thanks guys With hardcore sincere love, Alex
Avatar image for final_sephiroth
final_sephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 final_sephiroth
Member since 2003 • 2596 Posts
dont know if itll work mate seeing as your laptop isnt the source of the wireless signal.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 andyboiii
dont know if itll work mate seeing as your laptop isnt the source of the wireless signal.final_sephiroth

It actually is possible its called bridging connections, and all you need to do this is plug in your ethernet cable to your laptop from your 360 and bam your good to go on live but you have to remember to keep your laptop on when your on live because your sharing that connection from your laptop
CBScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CBScott
Member since 2006 • 213 Posts
It may be possible if you could find a way to bridge the connection, but the ethernet port does not connect to the wireless internet card.
final_sephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 final_sephiroth
im not 100% sure mate, but i thought that bridging only worked with a computer that was the source of the connection
CBScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CBScott
Member since 2006 • 213 Posts

that's a good question. i would like to know how to bridge the connection, because I have my 360 in my basement and run a 50 foot Cat 5e cable to my wirless router.

Now if i could pick up the internet connection through my laptop and run it to the 360, I wouldn't need to buy a wireless internet reciever.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 andyboiii
well im guessing he has a router so it should work because his laptop is using the same connection as the computer therefore by plugging in the ethernet cord hes sharing the connection
final_sephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 final_sephiroth
well im guessing he has a router so it should work because his laptop is using the same connection as the computer therefore by plugging in the ethernet cord hes sharing the connectionandyboiii
the why use the laptop? he could run it from the router through wireless, or just connect to the source with an ethernet cable
jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
Like everyone has said, you can do it, but the connection will be pretty crappy. Setup a laptop using a wireless connection, then connect the ethernet port of the laptop to the 360 using an ethernet cord, then go into your internet options and make sure you click a box that says "allow computers connected to this one to share the internet connection" something like that.
brandontek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 brandontek
Member since 2006 • 843 Posts
I would guess by a wireless router and bridging the connection/.
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 andyboiii
[QUOTE="andyboiii"]well im guessing he has a router so it should work because his laptop is using the same connection as the computer therefore by plugging in the ethernet cord hes sharing the connectionfinal_sephiroth
the why use the laptop? he could run it from the router through wireless, or just connect to the source with an ethernet cable

because his PC might be far away from the 360 and with the laptop you can move it near the 360 and just plug in the ethernet cable without any problems