So you say downloadable contents are too expensive, then why not...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

szab360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 szab360
Member since 2005 • 234 Posts

...let gamers purchase downloadable content with their gamerscores? This way everyone would be happy. Microsoft would get money from people buying the games because they would want more and more gamerscores, the same would apply for developers and of course there would be us: the gamers - agian -the people who would get the best of both worlds.

Imagine, how cool would it be if your gamerscore was worth something at last. Before I got my Xbox 360 (last April), I actually thought that it worked this way.

Or even if it wasn't the downloadable contents for retail games, but the backgrounds the images and little stuff which are really expensive in a way. I think this would be really innovative.

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 593

#2 hxce
Member since 2006 • 2099 Posts
I don't want to lower my gamerscore.
Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts

...let gamers purchase downloadable content with their gamerscores? This way everyone would be happy. Microsoft would get money from people buying the games because they would want more and more gamerscores, the same would apply for developers and of course there would be us: the gamers - agian -the people who would get the best of both worlds.

Imagine, how cool would it be if your gamerscore was worth something at last. Before I got my Xbox 360 (last April), I actually thought that it worked this way.

Or even if it wasn't the downloadable contents for retail games, but the backgrounds the images and little stuff which are really expensive in a way. I think this would be really innovative.

szab360

i doubt MS would do this.  what needs to happen is that developers put the dl content into the game in the first place, and maybe charge an extra $3 bucks or so.  or they need to lower the price of the content, b/c they are too high for what you are getting.  $10-15 dollars for a few extra maps, yea ok.  ghost recon was not worth it but i knew i needed it because its all everyone else was playing.  I know it takes time and money to make them but we already paid for the game, and $10 is too much to charge. 

And seeing as how basically 100% of games are offering dl content then with the price lowered a little people can buy more content for more games, instead of just one map pack

Comorat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Comorat
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts
Worst idea ever.
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points