So who's staying loyal and getting the Xbox One?

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

So far it seems to have the best games, best controller, best online, better multimedia, Titanfall (so far still console exclusive).

Yes its more money but I feel will provide the best console experience. And so what if they fucked up in the beginning, it takes balls to actually listen to the consumer's and change policies.

#2 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (30 posts) -

I'm staying loyal. Been loyal through and through since E3.

#3 Posted by c0din3 (21 posts) -

So far it seems to have the best games, best controller, best online, better multimedia, Titanfall (so far still console exclusive).

Yes its more money but I feel will provide the best console experience. And so what if they fucked up in the beginning, it takes balls to actually listen to the consumer's and change policies.

hell ya i am staying loyal to it already payed it off cant wait tell nov 22 :)

#4 Posted by Childeater10 (3003 posts) -

I may get one next year. I don't really care for any of the exclusives. I'll wait it out and see what else is announced.

#5 Posted by iampenguin (223 posts) -

XboxOne doesn't deserve my loyalty.

#6 Posted by NirdBerd (2116 posts) -

lmao

#7 Edited by sukraj (21632 posts) -

I'm staying loyal by getting an Xbox One at launch.

#8 Posted by Tadgerot (103 posts) -

I pre-ordered and payed for my XBO the day after e3, I was actually one of the supporters of there DRM model, still am.

#9 Edited by MirkoS77 (6860 posts) -

I'm really uncomfortable with bringing Kinect into my home. Yea, yea, I know. They don't want to watch me beat off but I'm simply not doing it.

#10 Posted by Blueresident87 (5195 posts) -

I'm not loyal to either company, but I do plan to get the Xbox at some point. No time soon

#11 Posted by Hells_rebelion (2877 posts) -

Pre ordered both. I'm loyal to gaming. I'll be honest and say I wasn't going to get it until they changed their policies though.

#12 Edited by Videodogg (12548 posts) -

I sold my 360 a couple of years ago because i hated it. I hated the lack of quality 1st party games and kinect. I hated the casual/family game focus and twitter, facebook and sports applications, and microsoft points instead of money transactions, the kinect style dashboard. I did not miss it one little bit.

Now, i have a Xbone pre-ordered straight from MS. Why? Im just stupid i guess. Its not loyalty by any means. I give everything a fair shot and i really hope i can enjoy this new console.

#13 Posted by doubalfa (6806 posts) -

I'm not loyal to a company (why? they are not loyal to anyone) still. I'll get the bets experiences form the microsoft consoles, I like the controller and so far the platforms have been likable

#14 Edited by CTR360 (6858 posts) -

i buy XBOX ONE with halo 5 probably i hope MS make new IP for xbox one no focus on kinnect so much

#15 Posted by sukraj (21632 posts) -

@CTR360 said:

i buy XBOX ONE with halo 5 probably i hope MS make new IP for xbox one no focus on kinnect so much

I dont mind playing some kinect games as long as its done properly.

#16 Posted by monowasp (233 posts) -

I am staying loyal to gaming, not to a particular product. I am going to buy PS4 and Xbone, why should we miss the great and upcoming games?

#17 Posted by XxAK47xX (4691 posts) -

Day One early adopter here!

#18 Posted by RimacBugatti (1170 posts) -

I was more impressed with 360 performance so initially I was going to continue my loyalty but the performance statistics made me go with the other. I will eventually purchase an Xbox One if they drop the Kinect from the bundle.

#19 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

loyal umm no.

360 being my favorite console does help me stay though.

#20 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (4059 posts) -

Waiting to see how they do at launch first.

#21 Posted by marcheegsr (2431 posts) -

Lets just say I'm loyal to forza. Will be buying x1 sometime in the new year.

#23 Edited by GustavoDALBEN (15 posts) -

o/

#24 Edited by buccomatic (1941 posts) -

@kingoflife9: not me.

xbox one is a complete joke of a console. the controller is awesome but the system is pure garbage. integrated kinect and cloud is the worst idea ever for a console.

#25 Edited by Blueresident87 (5195 posts) -

xbox one is a complete joke of a console. the controller is awesome but the system is pure garbage. integrated kinect and cloud is the worst idea ever for a console.

You sound pretty sure of yourself, saying it's a 'joke of a console' and a 'pure garbage' system, especially talking about a console that hasn't even seen the light of day yet.

#26 Edited by MarcRecon (5391 posts) -

Just as a few others have said, I'm not loyal to any company! I'm getting both next-gen consoles(just as I did this-gen)if someone wants to remain loyal to a platform, I'm not gonna knock but don't hate on people who choose to do otherwise!

#27 Edited by ohaifrancy (126 posts) -

Day One Xbox One :D

#28 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7444 posts) -

I don't get consoles out of loyalty as that would be stupid. I'll be getting an Xbox One next year when Microsoft drops the price to $400.

#29 Posted by experience_fade (255 posts) -
#30 Edited by nyc05 (10160 posts) -

I'm buying an Xbox One at launch, but LMAO @ loyalty.

#31 Posted by kingcrimson24 (374 posts) -

i'm getting one , but not at lunch , i'll wait a year

#32 Posted by minpinmojo (10 posts) -

I will definitely be gettin the Xbox One.

#33 Edited by 3eyedrazorback (16373 posts) -

I'm getting one, but it's not due to loyalty. I just believe I'm sticking with a better offered console, in my opinion. I was leaning toward a PS4, but some exclusives are keeping me around. Titanfall and Ryse to name a couple.

#34 Posted by darksongbird (1234 posts) -

@RimacBugatti: I honestly think Kinect is no longer gonna come with it by default. That's what I heard. So I'm guessing there will be a bundle with (and without) it.

#35 Posted by RighteousNixon (14 posts) -

I knew I was buying the next iteration of the XBox before it was even announced. I enjoyed the original XBox but the XBox 360 has been, by far, the best gaming console I have ever owned. I was actually one of the naysayers in regards to bringing movies and TV show content to game consoles. I was narrow minded and just wanted my game consoles to play games. Now, I couldn't imagine going back to a game console that does nothing but play games. I love the entertainment options and I hope MS continues to expand the XBox One in this regard.

I am also a HUGE fan of XBox Live Arcade. I have a really weird work schedule as I only work from April to mid-September and have the rest of the year off. During my working months, I normally work 80-90 hour weeks so during that time of year, its really hard to find the time to play full retail games as I just don't have the time to put into them. XBox Live Arcade titles on the other hand are generally smaller and don't require the time investment that most retail games do. They are exactly what I need during my working months. Plus they are generally more casual gaming experiences as well and its nice to play those kinds of games from time to time.

MS has really been the innovator since entering into the console business. Online gaming, achievements, TV & Movies through a game console, digital distribution through an online store, XBox Live Arcade games, etc. The list goes on and on. All of them were seen first on XBox. Given what I have seen and heard in regards to XBox One, it doesn't look like that is going to change this generation. Of course, the fact that the XBox One has, in my opinion, the best launch line up in the history of game consoles doesn't hurt but in all honesty, the games really had nothing to do with my decision to go with XBox One at launch. Again, I knew I was going to buy the next iteration of the Xbox before it was even announced. My decision was based solely on the experience I have had this generation with my 360. Its just been an amazing generation for gaming and short of the RROD problems, which I actually profited from, the XBox 360 has had a brilliant run.

I fully expect that this next generation will be the best generation yet for gaming and that the XBox One will be just as amazing as the XBox 360. 4 weeks and counting!!!

#36 Edited by RighteousNixon (14 posts) -

@darksongbird: I wouldn't count on that happening, at least anytime soon. MS has dumped a ton of money into the new Kinect and they know that once they start offering SKU's without Kinect, that it immediately drops the Kinect down to peripheral status, which isn't a good thing as peripherals are largely ignored by developers as only a small segment of the gaming population actually buy them. MS knows the only way to really get developers to take full advantage of Kinect is to make it so everyone has a Kinect. It changes the ballgame entirely as the developers know that every Xbox One shipped has a Kinect.

The only way MS is going to allow a Kinect free Xbox One is if sales of Xbox One are really bad. If sales are bad, they will either have to drop the price and eat the cost of the Kinect, or offer a Kinect free Xbox One. In all honesty, given how much MS has put into Kinect 2.0 and how important they deem it will be this generation, I am betting that removing Kinect isn't even an option. If the consoles start selling poorly, I am betting MS will just drop the price and eat the cost themselves. That way nobody can complain as they are basically getting Kinect for free.

Only time will tell. That being said, I wouldn't get your hopes up

#37 Posted by MathMattS (4002 posts) -

For me, it's not a matter of loyalty, as I have a Wii U and I have the XB1 paid off and preordered for November 22. It's just that I've had a great experience with my 360 and can't wait for the XB1.

#38 Edited by sukraj (21632 posts) -

have u played on the xbox I would wait until u play the system before opening ur mouth.

#39 Posted by donalbane (16139 posts) -

I'm not buying a One because I'm loyal to Microsoft, I'm buying one because I am excited about the features that the platform brings to the table. I watch a lot of TV and am probably one of the few people on these boards that can't wait to try the new TV related functionality, among other things the Kinect and OS will offer.

#40 Edited by _TheJoker_ (6013 posts) -

@Tadgerot said:

I pre-ordered and payed for my XBO the day after e3, I was actually one of the supporters of there DRM model, still am.

Same here.

#41 Edited by MathMattS (4002 posts) -

@Tadgerot said:

Same here.

Indeed. Although DRM isn't always advantageous to us as the consumer, I can understand why developers and publishers want to restrict used games. Making games is their work, and I can understand them wanting to be paid for their work.

I buy used games, but it's not terribly important to me at this point. I'm getting rid of my 360 and it'll be awhile before I'll buy anything used on the XB1.

#42 Posted by Mickeyminime (1103 posts) -

Not getting X1

#43 Edited by 5dlrbill (90 posts) -

am staying loyal to xbox am working hard to shell out over 650$ bux on day one if I can finde one on launch day.

#44 Posted by dominer (3311 posts) -

I don't understand gaming loyalty... But I'm staying out of next-gen entirely for like 6 months to a year.

#45 Posted by darksongbird (1234 posts) -

@RighteousNixon: Well honestly it doesn't affect me one bit either way. I've never bought an Xbox system (although I was slightly tempted to at one point or another) and I'm not planning on getting the new one either. That's just what I heard before.

#46 Posted by brimmul777 (1054 posts) -

@minpinmojo: I to am definitely going to get one,but not this year.Sometime next year.

#47 Posted by immortality20 (7955 posts) -

I bought the 360 on launch day in Nov 2005, and will buy the Xbox One on launch this November. Pretty easy decision after the policy reversal.

#48 Edited by therapyhiccup (1796 posts) -

i'm like at 80% sure that i'll be getting the Xbox One some time next year.

#49 Posted by monowasp (233 posts) -
#50 Posted by Awake514 (6 posts) -

Not loyal per say but I am getting the Xbox One on launch day, It has the games and the forward thinking I am looking for in a next gen console.