so i'm thinking of doing a halo marathon to prepare for Halo 4, thoughts?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Trinitarian
Member since 2007 • 1407 Posts

Well, tommorrow i'm planning on buying Halo 1, 3, reach, odst. I already have halo wars not sure if the story fits in. I cant get halo 2 in stores and don't have a credit card to buy it online. Anyhow, i'm wondering if on all the halos is there still people playing online. Its not that big of a deal since i'm going to be buying all of them for the story and i know ODst doesnt fit into the main theme but it would still be cool to get more insights in the life of spartens and the halo univers in general.

I have played 1,2,3 and reach in the past but never back to back, and the fact if i do this i'm going to be missing out on 2 kinda of sucks but oh well. Nevertheless, i've hit a dry spell in gaming these days. My last addictions was when i played mass effect 1,2,3 back to back recently and about 500 hours of skyrim. Now i have just been turning on my xbox and jumping around from here to there with nothing really holding my interest. Granted i played BL2 for about a week but i'm kinda of burned out on it.

Do you think playing a marathon on the sersis will get be back into the gaming addiction? Have any of you tried this in the serise? If so how was it?

MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

I've never tried this but it sounds like a cool way to get up on the story before the release of Halo 4. If I were you though I would play Reach 1st as it's basically a prequel. Odsts 2nd since it coincedes with the events of Halo 2 and takes place before Halo3. Then play Halo 3 which will lead you right into the events of halo 4.

Happy gaming Spartan.

zyphyr2k12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 zyphyr2k12
Member since 2012 • 277 Posts
I've done this with Resident Evil and Final Fantasy (played X preparing for X-2) before. It works and it's fun to get really absorbed into a universe and see how it's progressed from title to title.
Hsk_Dark_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hsk_Dark_Link
Member since 2006 • 55 Posts

LOVE IT! Now I'm thinking of doing the same thing

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Trinitarian

I've never tried this but it sounds like a cool way to get up on the story before the release of Halo 4. If I were you though I would play Reach 1st as it's basically a prequel. Odsts 2nd since it coincedes with the events of Halo 2 and takes place before Halo3. Then play Halo 3 which will lead you right into the events of halo 4.

Happy gaming Spartan.

MentatAssassin
well what about Halo 1, the one that was remade for the 360? So dont you mean to play them in this order: Halo Reach, Halo 1, ODST, Halo 3. Also, do you know if Halo Wars story fits any where in the seris?
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I'm thinking of doing the same thing with 1 and 2, I'll have to wait to get my xbox (halo 4 edition) to get 3 and reach, but I'll play their campaigns before Halo 4's (though, Halo 4 MP will be played). Definitely a nice way to get hyped and back up to date on the story to get into 4.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

I'm doin' the same thing :) I'm gettin out the old xbox and playing through Combat Evolved and Halo 2, then going to Halo 3, ODST and reach, and then getting 4 at midnight and pretty much playing it throughout the entire evening.

Yeppp it's gonna be a crazy october/november.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

[QUOTE="MentatAssassin"]

Happy gaming Spartan.

Trinitarian

well what about Halo 1, the one that was remade for the 360? So dont you mean to play them in this order: Halo Reach, Halo 1, ODST, Halo 3. Also, do you know if Halo Wars story fits any where in the seris?

Halo Wars takes place around 25 years before Halo Reach-3.

Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
I'd probably just pass on ODST...
Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Trinitarian
I'd probably just pass on ODST...Pittfan666
eh, too late i got all 4 tonight lol. Its cool. I want to get engrossed into the world so i'm on a mega hyped status for Halo 4. I got all 4 from gamestop for 75 bucks. I used a couple coupons though. This should take care of my gaming dry spell till Halo 4 and Black Ops. If i wasnt on house arrest for 3 months i would be doing other things. usually when i get so board with gaming thats my Q to start taking interest in RL. But thats not a choice right now lol
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

Well, tommorrow i'm planning on buying Halo 1, 3, reach, odst. I already have halo wars not sure if the story fits in. I cant get halo 2 in stores and don't have a credit card to buy it online. Anyhow, i'm wondering if on all the halos is there still people playing online. Its not that big of a deal since i'm going to be buying all of them for the story and i know ODst doesnt fit into the main theme but it would still be cool to get more insights in the life of spartens and the halo univers in general.

I have played 1,2,3 and reach in the past but never back to back, and the fact if i do this i'm going to be missing out on 2 kinda of sucks but oh well. Nevertheless, i've hit a dry spell in gaming these days. My last addictions was when i played mass effect 1,2,3 back to back recently and about 500 hours of skyrim. Now i have just been turning on my xbox and jumping around from here to there with nothing really holding my interest. Granted i played BL2 for about a week but i'm kinda of burned out on it.

Do you think playing a marathon on the sersis will get be back into the gaming addiction? Have any of you tried this in the serise? If so how was it?

Trinitarian
Considering the Assassin's Creed blitz I just made in preparation for AC3, I feel kinda hypocritical in recommending you not do so. I played Halo 1, 2 and 3 back to back to back once and realized the plot holes are much too easy to notice without the 1-2 year wait between them.
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

[QUOTE="MentatAssassin"]

Happy gaming Spartan.

Trinitarian

Oh yeah, duh! Brain Fart! You're right. I still need to buy the anniversary edition before I go marathoning.